EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 09-11-2022, 06:55 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil
Default HELP folder ALWAYS finds 2 updated files...

Every time I run the DarqUI updater (which is every time I launch the game) it says it found 2 updated files in the HELP folder, which I always update and then continue on.
Is the help file REALLY being updated that often, or is there some way I can permanently ignore that folder unless I manually want to update it? I have tried hitting the IGNORE button on the updater but it always seems to only ignore it for that session. Next time I open it up, it wants to update again.

Thanks!
Unread 09-11-2022, 12:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The DarqUI Help window has a tab that shows a scrolling list of patrons who contribute to the project. Whenever a new player joins, their name is added to this list. Naturally I can't control when players decide to become patrons. I'll see if I can add the "Skip" function to include the files inside the Help folder in a future utility version.

Edit: Just checked this -- when you "Skip" the Help folder it shows how many files need to be updated, but does not increase the total file count.

Last edited by Darqwood : 09-11-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Unread 09-18-2022, 08:56 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
The DarqUI Help window has a tab that shows a scrolling list of patrons who contribute to the project. Whenever a new player joins, their name is added to this list. Naturally I can't control when players decide to become patrons. I'll see if I can add the "Skip" function to include the files inside the Help folder in a future utility version.

Edit: Just checked this -- when you "Skip" the Help folder it shows how many files need to be updated, but does not increase the total file count.

I wish you could set an option that would auto download ANY updates and not ask for confirmation. (Well I guess it's not confirmation so much as it is notification. Or the ability to set that option for an individual file or folder. I would still love to have all the files updated even the help files, which I assume will be updated almost everytime I check, but I don't need to be notified that is needing to update those files.
Unread 09-19-2022, 12:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Try utility v3.1.3.3 (just published) which has an option on the Settings page to download new files automatically. You have to also be checking for updates automatically in order to trigger the setting.