EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 05-11-2005, 09:07 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unrest
Default Quest Helper part mod

I'd like to see a set of buttons on the Quest Helper part that will allow you to change the quest displayed quickly to the next/previous on in the journal. Does anyone know if this is possible? I loath opening my quest journal, and trying to navigate a tree structure that isn't organizable.

IMO the quest journal should also be user configurable with each quest. It would be nice to have a journal where you can drag quests to the zone you need to visit next so that you will have a task list of quests to complete by zone. It would be REALLY effective if the quests moved from zone heading to zone heading depending on the part you're currently on.

For now I'll settle for the buttons on the quest helper so I can flip through them quickly without opening the journal.

Thanks!
Unread 05-13-2005, 07:16 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I'd have to play with this, but I think it may be possible with 1 potential bug...

I think (not positive) that treviews use a single didget selectedrow identifier that we can do math on. Prev and Next buttons could potentiall decriment/increment that selection number, which should in ture change the QH window.

The potential bug being detection of the last row in your list. I don't recall there being an atribute for total rows and am not sure what would happen if a button script attempted to select a row that didn't exist.
Unread 05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thank Zonx, this would be very handy. I'm currently using the OCD UI, so directions on how to implement it would also be helpful.

Thank you!
Unread 05-14-2005, 06:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Sorry this nothing to do with your request.... Is your necro in the 30+ range? just I remember grouping with you on a few occasions but sure it was Q areas eg ROV and not FP... (or it could have been in WC if you 15+) Its just one of those things where I know your name but dont recall exactly where lol ... Btw if that the case I am Dordili probably Unrest's slowest monk ever , And in the latter you would know me as Wicann (SK)

Sorry for mumbling on lol
Unread 05-15-2005, 12:20 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I've got a working varient on this idea I'll be releasing in the next few days after my 4.0 complete set releases
Unread 05-15-2005, 07:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger

You are the man Zonx! This is functionality I just don't know why Sony didn't include out of the box. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.
Unread 05-15-2005, 07:26 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Sorry this nothing to do with your request.... Is your necro in the 30+ range? just I remember grouping with you on a few occasions but sure it was Q areas eg ROV and not FP... (or it could have been in WC if you 15+) Its just one of those things where I know your name but dont recall exactly where lol ... Btw if that the case I am Dordili probably Unrest's slowest monk ever , And in the latter you would know me as Wicann (SK)

Sorry for mumbling on lol
Probably in WC, I stopped playing with Listor at 25 and have found a lot of enjoyment in playing with my Fury character Pace. He's a 28 now. Look me up if ya like next time you're online.