EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-20-2019, 04:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Why 2 target windows, one regular and one implied and can't get rid of

Can anyone please walk me through step by step of getting rid of this secondary "implied target" window, I do not need 2 things telling me my target, I also didn't need the 3 things telling me who I was, I figured out how to get rid of those, but not the implied target one, it's taking up too much of my screen. There are also other windows I would love to get rid of, but this is not very user friendly, for someone who is 0 tech savvy. I know I could always go back to default, but I had been using darq for quite some time, but now there are all kinds of windows that are unnecessary cluttering up my screen with no easy way to toggle the windows on/off. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Unread 06-20-2019, 05:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autom View Post
Can anyone please walk me through step by step of getting rid of this secondary "implied target" window, I do not need 2 things telling me my target, I also didn't need the 3 things telling me who I was, I figured out how to get rid of those, but not the implied target one, it's taking up too much of my screen. There are also other windows I would love to get rid of, but this is not very user friendly, for someone who is 0 tech savvy. I know I could always go back to default, but I had been using darq for quite some time, but now there are all kinds of windows that are unnecessary cluttering up my screen with no easy way to toggle the windows on/off. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

The Implied Target window is critical to gameplay, so there's not an easy way to remove it from the screen. You may be referring to Extended Player, which is a custom DarqUI window:

1. Hover your mouse over the window and click the blue gem in the upper left-hand corner

2. Uncheck "Use the extended player window" in the window manager

3. Click Save

If you want to turn the window off for all of your characters without logging in to each one separately, you can do that from the DarqUI utility. Most of the other custom DarqUI windows (Gear Buff Macros, Icon Bar, Harvesting Helper, etc.) can be disabled from the window manager or from the utility.

Unread 06-21-2019, 04:38 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown

Just a thought, for if you wanted to "remove" windows as well. If you aren't worried about ever needing them, you could change the opaqueness (background) to zero. Make sure it's set for zero upon mouseover as well. Remove any frames and titlebars, and checkmark the option to clickthrough. Basically, you will make the window invisible, and you will be able to use your mouse as if it's no longer there.

However, the risk of doing that is, you will have to restore to default if you ever need the window in the future. Unless you know exactly where the window is, and right click exactly the right spot. And in the case of temporary windows, click at the right time as well. I mean, I've done it, and it does work. But sometimes you might find a "ghost" showing up because some little bit of information that the window provides becomes shown.

Darq has made things a lot easier though, even allowing you to move around ghost windows for temporary windows that are very difficult to otherwise place. He has a windows manager as well, that allows you to have a drop down option window. With that, you can quickly locate all windows that you want to get rid of, and alter their settings, if it's possible to get rid of them. Darq has made extensive changes to both default and custom elements, so it's well worth checking out everything and learning what works how, before making final decisions.