EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Closed Thread
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Countdown for Autoattack

i playe a Ranger and its importent to make the autoattack if it is able to use but sometimes my ca's interupt the autoattack and it will came 1or2 sec later.

if there will be a window wher i cane see when the next autoattack will start it be easyer to play and i'm able to make more dps)

I hope it will be possible to make it
Unread 12-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Any time you are casting a spell or doing a CA you stop auto attacking and you will auto resume auto attacking once the spell or CA is completed. So basically the cast bar is doing what you are looking for, unless I just totally misunderstood what you are requesting.
Unread 12-20-2006, 02:39 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

autoattack is independant from CAs. swinging a weapon with 2 seconds delay attempts to land every 2 seconds. say you're hitting a target with your autoattack and then use a CA with a casting time of 1.5 seconds. it will land and .5 seconds later the next autoattack will hat too.

now use a CA with a casting time of 3 seconds. the CA will hit and right after that the next autoattack that has been sitting in the "queue" for at least 3 seconds by then. after hitting with autoattack it's another 2 seconds for the next autoattack. you spilled 1 second of autoattack with this.

with long delay weapons as bows it is rewarding to find a CA combination that allows for the least spilled autoattack time, resulting in higher dps. not much, but noticable.

that's the game mechanic. i don't think any mod would offer a benefit. just get your CA chains right
Unread 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

@thorvang i allway do what you say but some time my delay change by my hast buffs and then it isn't easy to make the CA's in the delay time. I have a good dps whis my Ranger but a Countdown like the Castbar will be help to managed it and make more dps
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

would be nice to see an uimod with autoattack timer.
we have an assa in our raidgroup who is allways above 1800 dps and he uses ca chains and waits for his autoattack swings.
im a new ranger and i spam my cas like crazy so i normaly do 10 ranged autoattacks / 60 seconds i miss 2-3 autoattacks in this time, thats 4500-7000 dmg
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

is there a way to change your combat colors to show you what is hitting

ex

white numbers = auto attack
blue numbers = ca's

think timming be alot easier in retrospect if in game that could be done
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:23 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I once tried doing something like this in ACT (as a plugin) but due to the volatile nature of haste with bards around, it was usually off. There's another thread in Requests that talks about doing the calculations in the UI. It doesn't sound like either solution can do it alone very well.

I suppose a simple UI that exports(to chat) the haste values at the end of a cast would work better if be messy. The final problem being dual wielding characters. For a DynamicData based mod, I suppose SoE could be nice enough to add both weapons as separate data. But a parser based solution could not tell the difference between two piercing weapons for instance.
Unread 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Amusing that I should mention that thread because it seems to have taken off since I talked about it due to an EQ2Flames thread linked therein.
Unread 11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

huh? the thread you linked in your last post?
Unread 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

I think she thinks that this is that other autoattack thread

I suggest either merging topics or locking.
Unread 11-12-2008, 03:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, it was amusing for the fact that the other thread had been pretty inactive at the time of referencing it and had exploded pretty much right after it.

Originally the other thread and this one had also been about different topics, but since the other one evolved and now covers this one as well I'll I agree about locking this one (merging would be too much of a mess), so discussion here is now closed.
Closed Thread