Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 12-08-2006, 03:47 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default A Stand alone version

Firstly Let me start off saying you have done an awesome job and congrats on the featured author promotion.

I dont really like a full set ui, but ......

There is one feature in your set that I find absolutely amazing and that is the three small windows (player,target,and implyed target I believe) that show your own health and your target and implied.

I think these are great as most target standalones do not include being able to see your own health. I would LOVE just LOVE to see a stand alone version of your windows. Please.

You see I have a player window that has many other stats and such on it and it doesnt stay in the middle of my screen too big. but in your mod you have a player window then a smaller just health and mana player window to go with the target and implied window I think thats great but i cant seem to just get it out to use solo I am assuming because of specialized backgrounds fonts styles etc.

Could you please release these three windows seperate so i can use along with my normal player and basically have my normal one found here http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4193 tucked away to the side of my screen but still have your three small windows in the middle to help watch my own health as I fight. or is this not possible??

Ty in advance if you do this if not no problem

gm9: I won't release any more windows separately. However, I could release a "ProfitUI Window Extraction Kit ™" that you could drop into any other (=non-ProfituI) UI folder in order to automatically enable every window which you want to rip from ProfitUI.

“It is a curious thing, that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author--and even more curious that he did not learn it better.” (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Unread 12-08-2006, 04:39 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Mistmoore
Default Optional sound chime on pet death

Ive seen this mod done before and was wondering if there is anyway you could add it to your UI mod since I hesitate to add anything different that might not jive with everything else. Anyway it was just a toggle button that when selected would make a chiming noise (same noise from when you create a pristine product when tradeskilling for the first time) whenever the pet happened to die. Very helpful when raiding and there happens to be alot going on. Sound really doesnt matter just some auditory notification would be great.

gm9: Sure, that could be added I guess.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Unread 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up A request...

First, I love ProfitUI. I don't know how anyone could do with out it. It has everything you want to know about whats going on.

Second, my request, I am a raider. I love to raid...and raiding is what I do. So what my request is, is it possible to create a subset of ProfitUI for raiding? Maybe there is enough raiders here that could give input on what they would like to see in a subset of ProfitUI for raiding.

I would like to see a button or a clickable item for the tanks. Like this is the MT and this is the MA. A button for calling for heals or heart / shard (yeah I know macros).

gm9: Wanted to do this several times already but in the end I always thought that macros are more flexible. For MT/MA selection they certainly are, I have them on hotkey position 1. But maybe create a list all the commands that you think are commonly needed and I'll think about implementing it (the socials window already has a "quick chat" page taken from ThorUI. I've never used it so far but it could easily be put in there if it helps you.

But what about a window that is similar to the window you already have for the control panel. Maybe it would be possible to create a window like this for everything I need. All my important spells, and taunts and so on and so forth. I think it would be cool to have a timer in this window to know how long before the next AoE goes off. (Thinking about it - this would be awesome for everyone)

gm9: I can't possibly reate a window for your important spells. That's what hotbars are for. Really.
A timer is already implemented, click the clock.

But it comes down to making this a more useable item for raiding and such. I will try to draw one up and you tell me if it is possible...but even if it is impossible or hard...I will continue to use ProfitUI.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 12-16-2006, 10:07 AM
A Brown Bear

[quote=cottons]First, I love ProfitUI. I don't know how anyone could do with out it. It has everything you want to know about whats going on.

Second, my request, I am a raider. I love to raid...and raiding is what I do. So what my request is, is it possible to create a subset of ProfitUI for raiding? Maybe there is enough raiders here that could give input on what they would like to see in a subset of ProfitUI for raiding.

I would like to see a button or a clickable item for the tanks. Like this is the MT and this is the MA. A button for calling for heals or heart / shard (yeah I know macros).

gm9: Wanted to do this several times already but in the end I always thought that macros are more flexible. For MT/MA selection they certainly are, I have them on hotkey position 1. But maybe create a list all the commands that you think are commonly needed and I'll think about implementing it (the socials window already has a "quick chat" page taken from ThorUI. I've never used it so far but it could easily be put in there if it helps you.

Well I was thinking since I am more of a support tank at this time, it would be nice to have a button that could be accented in the raid window.

[ MT JOHNSON ] 70 T A N E ===========
^^ there would be nice.
With the ability to select this easier. I am sorry for not explaining it more last time.

I do understand the hotbars. I guess I was just thinking wrong -- thanks!!!

Last edited by gm9 : 12-16-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Unread 12-16-2006, 12:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteWolfe
I know there are plug ins and such for just press enter to accept on loot.
Whati want to know is thre any way to do this in reverse? IE jsut press enter or preferably some other hotkey to decline loot?
I 2 box a lot and i 2box in my guild groups ether with a back up healer or some times my boxed warden is our only healer. I never roll on loot from a boxed char. IE iam one player i get 1 roll not 2 just b/c i have to 2 chars in the group.
i have yet to find a wayt oauto decine loot on boxed account would be nice thu sincei do use the keyboard on that acount for heals nd such to be able to just hit a key to decline loot.
IS there any way to set this up?
many thanks in advance love the UI
You can already do this without any modding needed.
For me, I use escape to decline all loot, but what I'm really doing is hitting my "Close top window" key. I don't remember what this is by default, check your options window.
Unread 12-16-2006, 07:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottons
Well I was thinking since I am more of a support tank at this time, it would be nice to have a button that could be accented in the raid window.

[ MT JOHNSON ] 70 T A N E ===========
^^ there would be nice.
With the ability to select this easier. I am sorry for not explaining it more last time.
Well such an indicator would only work for yourself of course, i.e. you would have to select the MT yourself. But apart from that it would be possible. I think mother9987 has a window like that actually.
Unread 12-19-2006, 02:28 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Just a small request.

Since I play on 1900x1200 resolution, I have a ton of room to work with.

Any way to make that bottom stat bar show everything, since it can fit on my window, rather than having to mouse over to see the other stats?

Thanks =)
Unread 12-19-2006, 02:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ammo Window

I know there is a simple ammo ui add-on somewhere around here however I havent been able to get it to show up on my ui. More so, is it possible to create an icon or a window that shows the quiver scounts/rangers use that shows a total number of arrows currently equipped in the quiver. I've run out of arrows countless of times (i know I could easily load up on boxes and such) but I dont like to spam my makeshift arrow if i dont have to because player crafted arrows are far surperior. Just a suggestion I think every scout would use!
Unread 12-30-2006, 01:31 AM
A Brown Bear

As others have stated, I also play at 1920x1200 and have lots of room to work with, more info showing means less digging around I have to do.

Also, I came over to EQ2 to play with my fiance from WoW. I like to have information centered around my player: http://www.spiralguild.net/pic/ui.jpg that's my WoW UI.

I'm not sure if a HUD is possible in this game, like the one shown in the picture. But I would like it if the Self > Target - Implied windows could be like the ones at the top of the screen, showing numerical values. Would also like the numerical values be a Current/Maximum set up. I would edit my WoW UI via .lua files, but I'm a noob when it comes to xml. Mainly I prefer this way as my screen is kind of big (24" wide screen) and looking all around in the corners and stuff isn't what I'm keen on. This way I can just watch my character and be able to view any vital stats (hp/mp of myself and target, generally had my group windows right under my player too). The rest of the stuff I don't mind being away from the character.

So far your UI is the only UI I've managed to get to work at 1920x1200, and am enjoying it.
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Any update on a possible Extended stats display for larger monitors?

gm9: I added a 1280 wide version in v3.1. I may add an even larger version in the future, since I'm currently enjoying a 2560x1024 resolution (two 19" flat screens side by side).

My reluctance is not in adding them, but in supporting them. As with the 4 group window variants, if I change anything in one of them, I need to do it in 4 files, and unfortunately it is usually not just copy and paste but involves more work.

^^ very nice

Last edited by gm9 : 02-13-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Unread 01-20-2007, 08:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yeah just a copy and paste link from my post on the forums (cos bumping is rude and here its more likely to be read :P)

basically it would be cool if you could make the cure icons on the target too (the one between urself and the implied target in the bottom center) for easier raiding

click the link for easier understanding and for pic of what i mean:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7674

i love your ui
Unread 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Was wondering if you could modify the pet control window to include the new commands /pet ranged & /pet melee added in GU 31? As a necro this would be really helpful to me.

gm9: Planning to do this, was planned for 3.1 already but didn't have the time. However, for us Necros the caster pet already defaults to ranged so I have not yet felt the need for these buttons (still going to put them in though).

UPDATE: added in 3.1.1

Last edited by gm9 : 03-02-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Hi,first i really like your work on ProfitUI

I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate a percantage progress into the casting bar? So that you can actually see how much % your current casting is at.
Never saw such a feature in any UI so far.

Would be nice addition in my opinion
Unread 02-17-2007, 05:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Would it be possible to make the class icon in the raid window be useable to cast a spell, like shards or hearts or something?
Unread 02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
A Brown Bear

I would like to suggest a small addition to "dress" up the player window. I will probably get flamed for suggesting this, but here goes. I absolutely love the little class / potrait image that WoW has alongside the player health/power bars. Would it be too difficult to add something similiar on the left-hand side of the player windows. For instance, detecting your class-type and using the EQII avatar button images from the EQII forums. Maybe have it display your character name right underneath the "button". Make the button clickable so that it pops up the Persona or Inventory windows? It would just add to the atmosphere of my character when I look up at my player window and I can see that burning skull helm emblem (I play an SK if ya haven't figured that out yet). Thanks.
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

I know it's not very hard, and I am just too lazy to do it, but think you coudl add in a cast shard on a group member, or even better in the raid window add a little shard button next to all the people so I could just click that to send them a shard?

Unread 02-28-2007, 06:45 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Default Othesus Browser with bookmarks-- GU 32

I don't know what you have planned for the new browser with GU32, but I think Othesus Browser with bookmarks-- GU 32 looks nice.

At first glance I think all important EQ2 resources are linked and easy to access.
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:38 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere
Default just a couple simple requests hopefully

i hope this is a simple request is it possible that you can make the tradeskill window resizable also can or will the browser window being available for patch 32 be worked into the ui?
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Everfrost

Hi gm9,

This is an awesome UI. I've been very happy with it!

May i suggest that you make use of the quest browser functionality? Essentially, in the active quest helper, there exists functionality to browse left and right between quests that you've recently looked at, as well as a list of the last 5 quests that have updated. You can see the hidden example window in-game by doing /questbrowser_show 1

It would be great to have a way at the very least to see the last few updated quests.

Thanks,
Tryktern of Everfrost

gm9: You can already access the next/prev quests via Ctrl and +/- and the recent quests via Alt and +/-. The "hidden example window" is just what I pulled off the default window and never bothered to update to ProfitUI style, hehe. I'll put it on the list of things to do, thanks for the reminder.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-02-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Unread 03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
A Griffawn

Question Edit Feature?

Hi GM9,

Is there a way to allow us to 'click-to-edit' for the buttons on the 'Notes' section and for the 'notes' so we can add notes while in game? You know, like it is when you're creating a macro. You open the macro window and you click the <Click to edit> and another window pops up for us to create a macro. I'd like to be able to do that for the 'Notes' in the infocenter.

I figured, since you include 'infocenter' with your UI, you might be able to create something like that. If not, maybe Milquetowst can do this.

Thanks
Unread 03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

Hey there, wonderful UI.

The main reason I decided to post here, was Tracking. It would be nice to see the ability to sort the order in which monsters are displayed. Sorting into levels for example, highest colors to the top or lowest colors to the top... Or sorting monsters in alphabetical order from A to Z, or Z to A.

Also with the active spells list, would be good to see the effects of the spell instead of just "Target:" - it already shows the target under the name of the spell.

Thanks for reading, and keep up the good work!

------Edit by Author--------

The target and implied target windows always seem to resize themselves, and too big. Changed mine so they light up when I hover over.. because I was having issues clicking items on the top line of my packs.

Last edited by Xiad : 03-22-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:01 AM
A Brown Bear

It would be great to have a check box in the loot window that lets you mark the currently selected person as default.

to be specific, when you set loot to leader loot, you can assign items to raid members. we usually have a person collecting all the unneeded stuff who is different from the raid leader. having to use the drop down list to select the loot person on every item isn't that great.
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Other Possible Changes?

Was just wondering, I read through the majority of these requests to see if this had been brought up before, but nothing from what I saw....

Any chance of an autoupdater for the UI?

I've also seen other UI mods that have a button for the ingame browser now, as well as a URL history/bookmarks. I'm sure these are things you are looking into though, since the patch is very new. =-)

Would it be possible to have a custom option set for the raiding video options? Currently there are 4 options, quality, performance, raiding and something else... Currently I turn off PC names for my own personal sanity, but the "quality" setting is what I use to do raids in and when the raids are over, I have to go in and manually turn up all the settings again, and it takes me forever to do it, because I never can remember exactly what all is turned off or turned down by clicking quality. It would be nice to have a 5th button that is user customizable? Or maybe a way to just easily edit a file that determins what those settings actually set to?

-Rashaka Swifttail, Mistmoore Server
Unread 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Could you make a Black skin?
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Group Window/Maintained Spells

Ok, I'm not very savvy with these UI's, and I've had a hard time finding one that I really liked, but I absolutely LOVE ProfitUI Reborn! I like all of the little extras that really make it super-functional.

One thing I particularly love is the countdown on casted spells. As a defiler it is great to see how much time is left on a ward or a DoT. My only problem is that with the adjustment to AA's I know about close to 1000 spells cast on my wolf pet, and my casted spells list is huge. Is there anyway to make that re sizable?

If that is not possible, is there any way to make the group window horizontal instead of vertical? I believe if I can change my group window to horizontal, I will then have the extra room for the casted spells.

Again, thanks for you hard work, I think Profit is certainly the most useful of all the UIs.

P.S. If there is a way to set the group window, I'm sorry for wasting your time.
Closed Thread