Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 11-19-2006, 08:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow Feature requests

Please post your requests for new features in here. Please keep it concise, if you want to discuss I think it will be better to start a thread on the ProfitUI forums.

EDIT: Closing this thread, please submit features on my author portal here now:

Disclaimer: No guarantee that anything will be implemented and when it will be done.

Last edited by gm9 : 04-19-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Unread 11-19-2006, 09:23 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

ProfitUI has become my new choice for UIs and I'm glad to see just how amazing it really is.

gm9: Hah, beware of moderator powers, I'll just respond in here to keep it clean (features I did not respond to are considered as well ):

Feature Request: Bottombar with all the stats instead of having to switch on MouseOver. I'm using 1920x1200 resolution and believe we can squeeze it all in there.

gm9: I'll keep the main bar compatible with all resolutions (i.e. 1024x768). An optional high-res bar is a good idea.

Feature Request: An in-combat icon of some sort similar to your Sword / Bow icons in the 'Self' bar for the quick-view Self / Target / Implied window you made instead of the text 'Under Attack'.

gm9: Already implemeted.

Feature Request: Custom MainHUD Map file to allow removal of the Fog layer in any zone. I want to start creating full guides for Heritage Quests and other big quests and that feature when Zonx had it was awesome! Really helped the creation of those guides and now I'm halted for now with it.

gm9: I won't mod the map. Most people use EQ2map and anything map related should come as a plug-in to their mod. To see full maps for your guide go to maps.eq2interface.com.

Feature Request: Include my Guild Window. I made it special and I feel it's great for guildies of any guild by keeping the main info at the top at all times. I'll attach it here. It's based on the default window and is updated for LU29 as well as adapts to any UI's design, and looks great with yours if I may say so myself. :-)

Feature Request: Smaller text in the 'Popup' Messages with less deadspace. Not sure if this one is worth really doing, but the new popup messages are just huge and you can't click on anything else near it if it comes up.

Stop me now, I could do this all day, lol. I love your UI man!

Last Feature Request for now: Just-Press-Enter functions added to Choice, Loot, Trade, Lotto, RewardPack & ZoneTeleporter windows. That's a HUGE help when in a group and someone won't stop looting while we're still fighting, lol. Also great for playin' the lottery.

gm9: Not going to happen for the main release, trying to keep it as compatible as possible in case something changes. Heidrickla already provides this as an addon and recently updated for GU29 (linked on the download page).
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_guild.zip (9.2 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by gm9 : 11-19-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Unread 11-19-2006, 09:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I am also using 1900x1200 on my main comp and would love to see all of the info on one bar. I did some cutting and pasting in photoshop and there is room enough for all of it in there. I think it would be a great third choice for those who use larger monitors and have the extra real estate.
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Out of all the skins .. which one was the beta one .. grassy green and green seems too dark ... I don't know if coping the beta image folder over will work with 3.0.2 ... but I loved that light green

gm9: The "green" skin should be the same color as on beta, but will check.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-19-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Unread 11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Valor

I hope this is the right place, but i would like to see some alternative group window, which has the features of the orginal one (implented in 3.01 oder 3.02), but has bigger hitpoint bars and perhaps the actual hitpoints in some current / max display. This would be a great thing for shortsighted healers like me

Thanks in advance
Unread 11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Hinton, have you updated your guild window for GU29? I know that it still works without an update but I believe that it might be missing some event features. Would love to see this updated as I used it from the day it was first released.
Unread 11-20-2006, 05:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Feature Request: Ability to remove the frames around the Player windows, similar to the group window.

Feature Request: Larger Health bars in the Player and Group windows, similar to the raid window.

gm9: both sound good.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-22-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Unread 11-20-2006, 06:46 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

The only difference I found between the 'old' and newer Guild Windows from SoE was the addition of the 'Accounts' total in your guild. I added that. I didn't notice anything else. If you could point out what I should be looking for, then I'll ensure a fully updated to include those latest features Guild Window.
Unread 11-20-2006, 07:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I'd like to see a frameless hotbar window option .

gm9: You mean the frames around the individual icons? Open eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml, search for the text RenderFrame="true" and delete it.

Haha givin' me the quick and dirty fix, that's cool , but I hope this isn't going to create gaps between the icons.

Also, with the coming of EoF it's becoming fast apparent that 10 different hotkeys just isn't enough anymore. At least not for me. The number of spells, miracles, clickies and gear for swapping is getting out of hand. Is there any way you could bring back that window that had the horse whistle, manastone etc.? Maybe even make some improvements on it. It'd be nice to have a window that basically serves as the bag slots for your clickies and swap gear without having to drag the items on a hotkey and take up space. Would something like this be doable?

gm9: Hmm, yeah I read that old ProfitUI versions had that. I can look into it.

Thanks

Last edited by Eloora : 11-22-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Unread 11-20-2006, 07:47 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

I have no idea about specifics. As a matter of fact, if there doesn't seem to be any real differences then I'll go ahead and start using your guild window again. However, was there an update or something else that caused you to change it to PLEASE DELETE THIS FILE in the download section? Meaning, should I use the one linked above or is it the same file?

This is what I was basing my original statement on:

MINOR WINDOW CODE CHANGES Importance: Medium
Non-game breaking if changes are not made, but some functionality will be missing.
eq2ui.guild.xml added new event types
Unread 11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

FYI, the data source for guild events had several items added and 1 changed. If the new event types are not added to the guild window, they may not show correctly in the event listing.
Unread 11-21-2006, 11:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Auto-Bag clicky in inventory?

Was wondering how feasible it'd be for an auto-open-all bags clicky in the inventory? I normally run inventory as frames only and don't see one anywhere.

gm9: Can do, just so people stop bugging me for such a button all the time.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My Requests:

* its possible to chance the position of the tooltips ?

gm9: Not conveniently so, since it would affect all tooltips in the game. I won't touch this for ProfitUI.

* new font, btw font selektor ? i like my arial..

gm9: Most of the text in ProfitUI already uses Arial. A font selector would have to be used each time you log in. If you want to change fonts permanently edit the associated font styles in the xml.

* autoupdate tool with eq2map update include

gm9: That may be coming soon, some other UI authors are considering improving their auto-updaters and releasing them for other UI-authors.

* many many years of support from this fantastic ui !!

gm9: I'll try.

sry 4 my bad english

so long

Edit:

Quote:
Feature Request: Larger Health bars in the Player and Group windows, similar to the raid window.
Yeah ! New design or a alternative design for this.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Unread 11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

One more thing (haha, yeah right)

The paper doll in the shrunken inventory is cool, but it's not an accurate depiction of what your paperdoll screenshot will look like when you take it. Would it be possible to add a little button somewhere in the inventory to switch between the avatar of yourself you can spin around, and the actual paperdoll?

gm9: I do not think so. Let me know if you know any mod that does so.

Thanks

Last edited by gm9 : 11-22-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Unread 11-21-2006, 03:03 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

Only thing I would like to see in this UI would be the bottom bar supporting higher resolutions (1680x1050) with more things showing. I would love to see the casting skill (recast, reduction crit) showing in the extra space.

gm9: Has been on my list for a long time to see how much I can fit into 1280 (my res). Maybe one day I'll do it.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Unread 11-21-2006, 04:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Only thing I would like to see in this UI would be the bottom bar supporting higher resolutions (1680x1050) with more things showing. I would love to see the casting skill (recast, reduction crit) showing in the extra space.

Oh yeah, I noticed this as well. There is a lot of extra room in the bottom bar, but I still have to move the mouse over it to see the other information.

Unread 11-22-2006, 12:02 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore
Send a message via AIM to Prodigus

My Requests:

Since the new "hide spinner" options, is it possible to bring back the way it use to work? Like when you hover over that arrows would appear for you to change. This way you dont have to hide/show spinner when you want just change a hotbar for a quick minute.

gm9: That is how I had first implemented it. It somewhat complicated the usage in conjunction with the new show/hide spinners option. I finally dropped it to add the option to show the grid.

Also, maybe a button with the Infocenter cluster to open all bags? I often use just the mouse to run/harvest when my laptop is out of reach (ie, in living room) and it would be nice to have something to click on to open all bags and examine a ? for collection, or just to delete a stack of raws to make room, etc.

Thanks for the time.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Hi,

first I love your UI it is really great .

I have one favor to ask. Could you please bring back the bag options. I liked the vertical and horizontal one row allignment.

Hope this is possible .

gm9: Currently not. Will do once it becomes possible again.

Thanks a lot.

Cyber

Last edited by gm9 : 12-15-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Unread 11-26-2006, 05:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Just Press Enter

Any plans to make the enter key the standard to default actions (loot window, etc)?
Unread 11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Ok, got another Feature Request:

Please make the Implied Target window appear identical to the Target Window. The icons are lower on the Implied Window making it misaligned when they're side by side... which isn't an issue if it's at the top of your screen, but if you try to move that entire setup to the bottom, just above your hot bars... it gets annoying quickly and I've tried myself, and for some reason... the implied window keeps jutting itself back to a larger maximum size and moving those icons down some again. :-(
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default .

and yes, ProfitUI saves me a bunch of time in-game, and makes it plum easier to play

Make it two things I'd like to see, a Just Press Enter to select a default window action, and also make it possible to make the ProfitUI Settings Window permanent instead of only temporary
Unread 12-02-2006, 06:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default adding to the top or bottom bars

I dont know if you can but can you add to the top or bottom bar so it shows you gathering, foresting, trapping, mining, and Fishing skills

thanks this is my favorite ui Bigjoes
Unread 12-02-2006, 06:43 PM
A Grove Wisp

I know there are plug ins and such for just press enter to accept on loot.
Whati want to know is thre any way to do this in reverse? IE jsut press enter or preferably some other hotkey to decline loot?
I 2 box a lot and i 2box in my guild groups ether with a back up healer or some times my boxed warden is our only healer. I never roll on loot from a boxed char. IE iam one player i get 1 roll not 2 just b/c i have to 2 chars in the group.
i have yet to find a wayt oauto decine loot on boxed account would be nice thu sincei do use the keyboard on that acount for heals nd such to be able to just hit a key to decline loot.
IS there any way to set this up?
many thanks in advance love the UI
Unread 12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It would be nice to have an option for the xp window to show the hp/pwr regen and run speed all the time instead of the guild level and level stats. basically reverse what it is in the option so I dont have to mouserover to see the stuff Im mostly concerned with
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfin
It would be nice to have an option for the xp window to show the hp/pwr regen and run speed all the time instead of the guild level and level stats. basically reverse what it is in the option so I dont have to mouserover to see the stuff Im mostly concerned with
There is, just change the window settings to Frame and Title 'none'
Closed Thread