EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Default Save me! (or not)

Welp, after cussing about SOE for years and swearing I'd never touch another product by them. I've succombed to EQ2. Not sure how I feel about this but one thing is for sure. I'm having a good time! Still the feelings for SOE remain and I fear for uber nerfs and bad Customer Service.

I played EQ for 5 years and SWG for 1.

Right, thing is, it's the addiction all over again. This is scary and exciting at the same time. The familiar things are there but things are just enough different to take it beyond the EQ with a new 3D engine. I'm excited and playing my brains out although I leveled to fast and am now waiting impatiently for my EQ2 DVD to arrive.

Just felt I needed to announce this for my own sanity.

To SOE. You've made a great product and have me in that zone again like it was when I first fired up EQ for the first time. I never thought that I'd feel that again. WoW sure didn't do it.
So thanks, and don't screw it up! I'm having fun now!

To Dolby (and the entire EQ2I team) thanks again for the great site and all the work you put into it. Once again, like for EQ, you've put together the best resource for all things GUI. Thank you sir! /bow
Unread 04-08-2005, 05:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Told ya so! (Well I didn't really, but I would have told ya if you had posted that you would never play EQ2, and then I responded)

Glad that you like it.
Unread 04-08-2005, 05:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but did you make that sig yourself or is this a feature of EverQuest2 website?

I've seen quite a few of those around. Mostly from eq-2.com.
Unread 04-08-2005, 10:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

http://eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116

In a nutshell, it's player made code, and not a feature of EQ2. However, the EQ2Players site is responsible for having all the cool info (as long as you pay the little extra for it). It's code parsing the player profiles, and in this case, storing it in a database for quick viewing.