EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default we need better loot drops & more money at higher levels to afford the things we need.

At first I thought the money was adequate, however you should be getting more at higher levels to be able to afford the proper gear & spells to improve your charactors. I was hoping the new expansion would resolve this, but it hasn't. A few gold reward for quests & some silver while grouping does not get you where you should be. I usually spend hours harvesting. I do tradekills, quests, HQ's & utilize the broker ( which our guild broker & merchant seem to be bugged right now) But the economy has fell on its butt. Of course some of the things you really need are still highly priced compared to the compensation we get for questing.
Does anyone have any idea why this is. Both of my Sons & my husband left the game due to these issues.. I told them I wanted to stay awhile & see if things change.. So far no luck, infact its getting worse..
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:52 AM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

I've played a LOT of MMORPGs and I have to say that the money issues are not exclusive to EQ2. I find that most games keep you broke until you get toward the end game. As an example I also play WOW and you can purchase your first mount at lvl 30, but it costs something like 45g to get the most basic one. The problem is that at lvl 30 I still haven't made enough gold to buy my new spells let alone get a mount. I looked up how to make the money and they all say to spend a lot of time buying and selling at the auction house. This is why gold sellers are such a problem in most MMOs. In most cases if you want a top notch character you have to buy gold. Which of course sucks.

The only other avenue is to have a friend who is already at the end game and can make a donation to your cause.
Unread 11-25-2008, 03:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I've never had any problems making money in the game and I really don't do that much...

I have one top level character, and quests simply reel in the money pretty quick. My top level tradeskill'er is only 41. Going out and doing writs and kill mobs, selling the stuff from small chest, group and selling all the extra no-trade stuff.

/shrug. I'm glad that it's not super easy to get a butt load of money. But it kinda is at the same time not very difficult to bank it up.
The game was interesting when it first came out because silver and gold meant something. Again... they now have hardly a meaning unless you have a new character and no alts. But eventually they fade.

I still don't view the economy (EQ2) as that broken. The only thing that really makes it that way are the botters and those that buy plat online.

If you think buying plat online doesn't make it worse every single time you buy it, you are completely wrong.

Look at EQ1, so much plat buying went around and billions of plat are traded between players probably daily each server...
Unread 11-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Yes drums once you are at top level making money is easy. The real issue is making and saving money as you level up as a first time player.

I for one don't have issues with buying/selling plat. But SOE forbids its, so I support their wishes and don't buy, sell or ask for any sort of payment for things I do in their games.
Unread 12-13-2008, 02:28 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Guk

I had never really seen this problem, when I 1st started playing EQ2 I was the highest level armorer on my server. So money was never an issue for me. However, I recently started playing EQ2 again of a fresh account and now I really see it. At level 24 I have 2GP to my name and things are WAY overpriced. Good level 20 items are 4PP+. No way i'll ever get anything like that now.
Unread 12-13-2008, 02:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Like said above, it's easier to just ignore non-quested upgrades, and just reach the higher levels where more merchant bought vendor trash drops. That stuff simple just adds up in no time.
Unread 12-13-2008, 08:05 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Nektulos

not to mention, that is so so easy to lvl now. i havent bothered with a single MC piece on my latest toon cuz the lvls come too fast to worry about it. hell, ive actually been turning off xp for AA alot. Questing alone from 70-80 yields lot of plat, at least 35p im sure. Factor in the rare shinies, tradable lore items, etc and its really a non issue. Sure you might not be able to afford that one master you really want for 200p right away, but just upgrading a bit shouldnt be a problem
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:11 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Two suggestions for making money:

1.Harvest. Check the broker for what harvest raws for tiers where you can harvest easily are going for, then go out harvesting for those types of raws. Don't overlook tiers 1 and 2, you'd be suprised how much those sell for (because there's so little supply because people don't harvest those tiers much).

2. Broker your Adept 1 and Treasured drops. Even if they're trash as equipment or upgrades, remember that transmuters need lots of them (particularly T1 and T2 stuff) to break down for levelling or as a source of their own raws. Often you'll be able to find low-tier areas with lots of low-green humanoid mobs who'll drop chests, areas you can farm for brokerable drops (and get XP in the process).