EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Closed Thread
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello girls, boys and beasts! I've never posted here but have read you all for quite some time.

So here it is Saturday morning EST U.S., my sons are spending the weekend with their dad and I still do not have my pre-ordered from Station CE. I had a long stressful week with my own work and the boys end of trimester homework and every day I was more and more disappointed not to see that package waiting for me when I got home.

As with everyone else, I received the "held up in customs" email even though there are plenty of posts on the EQII forums and elsewhere that copies have been purchased retail in the U.S. I've just read on the Station site that the pre-orders are not to ship until the 15th and that is only an estimate.

Now I think I have four options:

1) Spend my free weekend hunting down a CE at all the local stores which may prove to be a shut out after noting the number of copies available on ebay;

2) hunt down any other version of EQII, wait for CE to arrive and then figure out how to get /claim items;

3) luck out and find LE or CE, send back pre-order with pert reply; or

4) suck it up; learn patience (old enough to have a boat load of this!); continue to watch while SOE continues to add servers, quests, etc; figure out where the doods are going so as to avoid them at all costs once in game; and give all you fantastic modders time to come up with a really great UI for me to download when I finally get in game.

Here I am ... figgiting ... going thru withdrawal from EQII which I haven't played yet (!) .... trying to spell patience slowly.

Come on people, don't let me down too! Get busy modding!
Unread 11-13-2004, 11:14 AM
A Forest Scavenger

It Shipped...It Shipped..........CE's from station store shipped this morning. Yay! Check your email ppl.....They are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay

We should start our own guild...."Late Starters" lol.

Hope to see you guys in game on mon or tues.
Have fun everyone...... yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

well I get my game tommorow come hell or high water but my name is gone .. figures .,.. so I'll petition and try to get it .. doubt I will but I'm gonna piss off a GM tommorow .. thats gonna be fun ...

But doubt its gonna be fun playing when my name I want was taken .. won't be the same game now..

GD Sony
Unread 11-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Wow What ever did I do the make the SoE gods to mad at me ???

I got the game !!! wuwu

Disc one is cracked

Thank the makers for MSN IM and a friend who has highspeed ... extra 4 hours but I got it

now 15 min patch .. grrrr

Cya in game
Unread 11-15-2004, 06:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 2

Anyone else in this situation??

I got an email on Saturday saying,
"We are happy to inform you that your recent order at the Station.com Store has shipped."

I have a tracking number etc...

"Yay!!" I say. So I go to UPS and track my package and get the good old:
"UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details."

Fully expecting to see that it was no biggie. So I figure they'll ship it monday. Well here we are, today's Monday...I'm still waiting. It's 5:00 my time so I still have a few hours to see if they get it out the door, but as of right now it is still saying the same thing about "UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically...." I really hope they get it shipped today, I paid for overnight shipping and I live in FL...so we'll see if it get's here overnight =/
Unread 11-15-2004, 06:16 PM
A Coastal Crab

I was in this same situation. All day today its said recieved billing information, but it just now updated to tell me its been picked up and is now in Omaha NE and since i only did paid for ground they dont expect delivery till the 19th so I will wait another week till i can play this game.

Oh well I learned my lesson dont preorder from SOE again
Unread 11-15-2004, 11:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 2

wuwu...

Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Nov 16, 2004.
Unread 11-16-2004, 09:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Mine comes tommorrow and is on time. Yayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you all in game.
Unread 11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
A Grove Wisp

IT IS ON IT'S WAY!!!!!!
UPS says it has left for delivery YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
okokokokokokokokok....gotta stay calm ......
~twitches badly,looking for a big brown truck ~
Unread 11-17-2004, 10:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1
Thumbs Up available games

I was in best buy Yesterday, (in New Jersey, Secaucus to be exact) they had 13 ce's, twelve dvd's, and 11 cd's on the shelf. Hope that helps some of you. Oh and I'm Zheer, on Najeena and on Blackburrow, hopeto see you all in the game .
Unread 11-23-2004, 05:26 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Mistmoore
Exclamation gee this surprises me why??

ever since i preordered one of the console versions as a gift for my brother, which of course shipped late, i have decided that preordering from SOE is approximately idiotic, (personal opinion). you'd think that a company as large as sony would have little to no problem shipping items that they can spew out by the millions if they felt necessary. why is it that they can have the latest cd by "no one gives a crap cuz her music sucks" in the stores by the pallet load a week before the release, but can't ship a game to the direct sales customer that ordered a month (or more) in advance, in suburbia by the game live date??

did i miss something??

other than the frustration of hearing how great the game i ordered is from a kid who bought it the day it went live from the mall?

nope, i don't miss that at all!
Unread 11-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Did you read the thread by sony about the CE on the EQ2 forums? They said they were having trouble getting the tins they used to package the CE with through customs.

The regular DVD/CD versions were shipped on time.

This is an old thread anyways. Let it die. *shrug*
Closed Thread