Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-17-2010, 10:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelyna101 View Post
(sidenote) totally love this UI, Thanks for the quick updates!!)
when I run the autoupdater
UIPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\ui\DrumsUI\
Downloading Manifest Retreaved
Scanning EQ2MAP files for updates.
653 file(s) found needing updates.
Downloading updated file(s)

Then I get a (Not Responding). Please advise. Scan will not start, when I remove the EQMap folder out of DrumsUI it updates fine but then I dont have your awesome UI in game. I would love to have both working together as it was before the expan.
Is anyone else having this problem? I installed this on a new computer today, and then ran the EQ2map updater and it ran without a hitch.

So, I'm not too sure why it would feed back that error
Maybe you're old, original EQ2 map installation is up-to-date already so it doesn't give you that error. Not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxs View Post
WHOOOT now one last question how do you get the ID for the spells :-) trying to set up my quick cast cures and can get it to work on one type but not the second
For abilities it's a more lengthy process:

1. Put your ability on a hotbar (preferably the first hotbar on the first slot to find it quicker....)
2. Type this: /savehotkeys MyHotkeys.txt
3. Find MyHotkeys.txt in your EverQuest II installation directory and open it up

It lists your hotkeys by bar number and hotkey number (0 is the first key, 11 is the last one)

For example this spell ID is Unholy Blessing VI in the first hotbar in the first hotkey:
Quote:
0 0 spell 4057210147 20709845 3655337140
I've created a sticky topic on how to get Item and Spell ID's here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13831

For AA spells (or any spell) you can just use the spell name to cast. If there are apostrophe's, you'll wanna use the spell ID, or you'll have to restart the game for the click button to work.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-18-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Love the ui, but I'm having a problem with my hotbars not moving. I've been able to resize and stretch, but for some reason it won't give me the crosshairs to move them. I can move every other window UI element so far, just not the hotbars.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertyeti View Post
Love the ui, but I'm having a problem with my hotbars not moving. I've been able to resize and stretch, but for some reason it won't give me the crosshairs to move them. I can move every other window UI element so far, just not the hotbars.
Enable the spinners for each of the hotbars. The easiest way to move them is by clicking and dragging on the bank number.

Cheers!
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Got it. Thanx.
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

** IMPORTANT

I managed to leave out a file on the 1.3 zip file!!!
It is the reason the edit buttons are showing the "Parent.Parent.Parent..." code.
A fix is incoming soon.

You won't lose what you tried to save already!
Sorry for the troubles all

Zip being uploaded soon.

*edit* zip uploaded.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-18-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:03 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.4

Update Log:
v1.4 - 2010.02.18
- Update: Previous zip was missing file /DrumsUI/Settings/DrumsUI_TextSettings.xml
- Update: Alternate group window With Pets is updated to new code
- Fix: Group quick buttons/cures now properly load and function
- Fix: Self cure & Group/Raid now load default settings correctly
- Fix: When editing a quick button, you can no longer close either of the custom settings window (code limitation prevention). You must first finish editing your quick button
- Note: EQ2's raid window is currently bugged, and raid quick buttons and cures are not working (cannot retrieve raid window's player names properly)

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.3)

Note: EQ2's raid window is currently bugged, and raid quick buttons and cures are not working (cannot retrieve raid window's player names properly)

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-18-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM
A Brown Bear

You newest version is not showing up in the downloads section. When i click to show the listing of all your pieces Version 1.4 is showing as pending (been like this for about 3 hours now)
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxs View Post
You newest version is not showing up in the downloads section. When i click to show the listing of all your pieces Version 1.4 is showing as pending (been like this for about 3 hours now)
Patience, young padawan. We need to make sure uncle Drumstix didn't put anything bad in it before releasing the file to the masses. Your download has now been approved.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
A Brown Bear

sorry new to this whole Custom UI thing. But i blame you GM9 you got me hooked with profit and i infected my wife who is now hooked on Drums and i am getting asked frequently when i can get her UI fixed

And NO i do not want to buy a used car
Unread 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey - DrumsUI - have a comment and a question for you:

1. Love the tradeskill window mod! Space-saving, and the buttons work far better than the norm!

2. Question: A while back I attempted to modify it to show a second icon (and succeeded in showing one) that when hovered over would display the Examine window for the finished product. (The existing icon in the list shows the Examine window for the crafting spell, so you see the parts and such.)

You're far more familiar with the interface than I, any idea if that can be added? It's a real pain as a crafter trying to see what the heck you'll be making if you are searching through a bunch of items in the craft list...

P.S. I'll repeat that I love the Tradeskills window even without the above!
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Nagafen
Unhappy Quest Journal

I Don't want to use a full UI of anyone's. I generally pick certain pieces that I like and most of them seem to be from Drums. My problem since the expac release is that I get error boxes for EVERY quest update due to incompatiblity with my quest journal and I do not have a quest helper window now. Any fixes for JUST the quest journal any time soon or does anyone know how I can default my quest journal to the lame game one?
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Hehe thanks gm9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagusOfAtlan View Post
Hey - DrumsUI - have a comment and a question for you:

1. Love the tradeskill window mod! Space-saving, and the buttons work far better than the norm!

2. Question: A while back I attempted to modify it to show a second icon (and succeeded in showing one) that when hovered over would display the Examine window for the finished product. (The existing icon in the list shows the Examine window for the crafting spell, so you see the parts and such.)

You're far more familiar with the interface than I, any idea if that can be added? It's a real pain as a crafter trying to see what the heck you'll be making if you are searching through a bunch of items in the craft list...

P.S. I'll repeat that I love the Tradeskills window even without the above!
Do you mean during the creation process or before? Because the 4 little icons that show while tradeskilling should be able to be hover'd over to show what they make (namely the last one).

Lemme know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerius View Post
I Don't want to use a full UI of anyone's. I generally pick certain pieces that I like and most of them seem to be from Drums. My problem since the expac release is that I get error boxes for EVERY quest update due to incompatiblity with my quest journal and I do not have a quest helper window now. Any fixes for JUST the quest journal any time soon or does anyone know how I can default my quest journal to the lame game one?
I wanted to make sure my main UI was working and then found some bugs and needed to update it again.

I will indeed by updating every single one of my individual, independent pieces to be working fully with Sentinel's Fate and GU#55.
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

Since the last update to the stats bar, how does one configure what stats are to be shown? It doesn't seem to like my .txt file from previous versions.
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Beforehand. I'm speaking of the listbox of recipes you *can* make, before starting one. It currently has a single icon on the left side of each item in the list. When hovered over, it displays the craft info. If you right-click and choose examine, a new window appears. On that window you can then hover (or click) on the icon of the item to view the Examine window of the final crafted product.

I'd like to skip the right-click, click on examine, waste screen space on a window, and click again. Instead I'd like the listbox to just have two icons (or the word View or whatever) that you can hover over to see the final product Examine window.

Example: I was trying to quickly find a list of adornments that would fit on different slots last night. My screen turned into a ton of windows because I had to examine, then click again to bring up another window. It was nuts. Being able to slowly move down the list of items and just view those final examine windows would be super fast.

(Of course, power-searching for items would be even better, but I recognize what that would take, and doubt we have the API hooks to do it.)
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
Since the last update to the stats bar, how does one configure what stats are to be shown? It doesn't seem to like my .txt file from previous versions.
The stat bar is no longer configurable from the TXT file. There's an options button in-game when hovering the bar, and you pick and choose which stats to show from in-game.

Cheers.

Quote:
Example: I was trying to quickly find a list of adornments that would fit on different slots last night. My screen turned into a ton of windows because I had to examine, then click again to bring up another window. It was nuts. Being able to slowly move down the list of items and just view those final examine windows would be super fast.
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do. If you said you did it once in the past? Then it should still be doable
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
The stat bar is no longer configurable from the TXT file. There's an options button in-game when hovering the bar, and you pick and choose which stats to show from in-game.
I'm liking your UI bits more and more, sir.
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Maintained spells window issue

Nice work on the UI, I just installed it last night and I am likeing it so far. I have a problem with the maintained spells window though. It shows the countdown on spells but it doesn't show the overlay of what the spell is and who it is on. It there some option I need to choose or some additional file I need to put somewhere?

Also, any chance you could add Tradeskill and Guild XP bars to the persona window like RickF7666 Persona Window? That was my favorite persona window ever made and I am sad it hasn't been updated.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see constant improvements!
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do. If you said you did it once in the past? Then it should still be doable
I succeeded in adding a second icon to every item in the listbox. I failed to make it work where you could hover the mouse over the icon to display the examine window. It was just a dead icon.

I really wish their listboxes weren't pretty much a single command. It'd have worked better to have an xml tag with sub-tags for each column in each row.

Or if they do, I just don't know enough about their xml scheme.

But hey, if you find a way to do it I think you'll make a lot of crafters happy!
Unread 02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks for adding the pet health to the Alt group window; now I can see my wife's pet when we group our necros

I noticed that the tradeskill window is showing [DEVL] Time Left 1:10:30 in all the spaces that normally count down the Rush Order time. The 1:10:30 time never changes, but the quest helper shows the countdown properly. This has only occured since the last GU.
Unread 02-19-2010, 04:26 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Downloaded the newest version of the interface and now it seems I can't close the "Self Cure Settings" window. I don't use every single piece of your UI and I generally understand what I need to add to the eq2ui_custom file, if the reason it won't close is due to a mistake I have made I'm not sure what I did.

These are the four lines I added to my custom file:
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_PlayerCureWindow.xml</include>
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_TextSettings.xml</include>
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_ClickButtonSettings.xml</include>
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_PartyClickWindow.xml</include>

The "DrumsUI" before the settings for the file location isn't needed since I import them into the settings file for my interface. Would also like to mention that the window worked normally before I updated and added the textsettings.xml file/included it in the eq2ui_custom file.

EDIT: Hmm, I had added the eq2ui_popup_houseitems/rewardpack with the new pieces I usually use. Got rid of those two files and the window acts normally now. Also, is it possible to have the group window without the Quick Casting options (basically, the functionality of the standalone piece available for download).

Last edited by Qupe : 02-19-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenal View Post
I have a problem with the maintained spells window though. It shows the countdown on spells but it doesn't show the overlay of what the spell is and who it is on.

Also, any chance you could add Tradeskill and Guild XP bars to the persona window like RickF7666 Persona Window?
Right click and go to window properties and enable Frame and Titlebar to enable showing the spellnames/target.

Quote:
I succeeded in adding a second icon to every item in the listbox. I failed to make it work where you could hover the mouse over the icon to display the examine window. It was just a dead icon.
Alright, I'll see what I can do. There's a good chance there's no way to do that. I know in the past I've examined the item icon and then you can inspect the products. Usually no to extract that information since it's sent from the server upon inspect each icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
I noticed that the tradeskill window is showing [DEVL] Time Left 1:10:30 in all the spaces that normally count down the Rush Order time. The 1:10:30 time never changes, but the quest helper shows the countdown properly. This has only occured since the last GU.
Aye this was noted by a few peoples so far, and I'll see if it can be fixed (it should be fixable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Also, is it possible to have the group window without the Quick Casting options (basically, the functionality of the standalone piece available for download).
I'll be adding a checkbox to Settings popup window to enable/disable overlay buttons

Cheers everyone. Hope I got all the new questions answered.
Raid window should will be updated tonight to be functional again, with hopefully a few fixes on other windows to boot.

-Drum
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:10 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil

Aye this was noted by a few peoples so far, and I'll see if it can be fixed (it should be fixable).
Sorry if I missed the posts where it was mentioned; didn't mean to push about something you were already aware of. My son got me sick last night so I'm all drugged up on DayQuil and not quite thinking straight.

Thanks for your hard work and responsiveness to fans of your interface.
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

No problem
It may have first been noted on the download page comments, but not sure.
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm gonna be away for most of this weekend. Probably won't have enough time to anything by morning, but we shall see.

Will answer any questions that arise by Sunday evening
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:23 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.5

Update Log:
v1.5 - 2010.02.20
- Update: Tracking window's con checkboxes and track button now autohide when not hovering over the window
- Fix: Tracking window restored with the sort-by-name header
- Fix: Group window can now be size horizontally far enough to show all 5 group members (max width was too small before)
- Fix: Raid window quick cast/cure buttons should be working again
- Fix: Guild bank window now includes the level 80 row

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.4)