EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Well, I'm glad to turn those unhappy smilies into happy ones

I think many will be pleased with the UI update!
Unread 02-14-2010, 02:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Auto attack bar dissapearing

Mr Drumstix, please allow me to thank you for this great and easy to use UI. I have it running perfectly on my computer except for one problem that is kind of annoying.
When I first installed the UI everything showed up fine. I moved a few windows around to accommodate my tastes. I put my auto attack bar below the health bar in the middle of the screen. In plain sight, never covered up by my hotkeys. After a few times of logging in and out of the game I noticed that the auto attack bar stopped showing up while i was fighting. I thought that i had done something wrong so I tried pressing F10, moving all my windows around to find it while I was in combat.
I tried reinstalling the auto attack only into the drums ui folder to no avail.
Finally I had to completely remove the UI and reinstall it fresh for the auto attack bar to show up again in combat. I was very happy with myself until I logged in today and found that when I attacked anything it was no where to be found.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

-Lettles

EDIT: I also noticed that none of the options windows pop up now IE Cure options, the menu screen for your UI etc. They did before and now when i left click them nothing happens.

Last edited by allysonlettie : 02-14-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by allysonlettie View Post
Mr Drumstix, please allow me to thank you for this great and easy to use UI. I have it running perfectly on my computer except for one problem that is kind of annoying.
When I first installed the UI everything showed up fine. I moved a few windows around to accommodate my tastes. I put my auto attack bar below the health bar in the middle of the screen. In plain sight, never covered up by my hotkeys. After a few times of logging in and out of the game I noticed that the auto attack bar stopped showing up while i was fighting. I thought that i had done something wrong so I tried pressing F10, moving all my windows around to find it while I was in combat.
I tried reinstalling the auto attack only into the drums ui folder to no avail.
Finally I had to completely remove the UI and reinstall it fresh for the auto attack bar to show up again in combat. I was very happy with myself until I logged in today and found that when I attacked anything it was no where to be found.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

-Lettles

EDIT: I also noticed that none of the options windows pop up now IE Cure options, the menu screen for your UI etc. They did before and now when i left click them nothing happens.

That's strange that your options windows aren't showing up. I'm not sure why the auto-attack window would work and then not working later.

Are you installing any other mods along with this one?
Unread 02-14-2010, 04:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I had profit beforehand but i completed removed it from my eq2 folder. Even deleted the old character ui settings associated with it. I am going to try another reinstall of the UI and see if it will fix itself.

edit: I just installed drums again and the auto attack bar is not there, i dont think its your UI. I think its something on my side that is causing a conflict.
edit: Found the conflict! It was an old file from profit that i forgot to delete. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited by allysonlettie : 02-14-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad you got everything sorted out
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.3

Custom text saving from with in-game has arrived!

Update Log:
v1.3 - 2010.02.16
- New: Group/Raid button quick buttons & cures
- New: Tracking window -- several asked for it, hope you enjoy
- New: rearranged Broker window (with more updates coming)
- Update: Player window self cures now editable
- Update: Journal window, active quest, persona, inspect player, stat bar updated for Sentinel's Fate
- Fix: Guild bank settings rank list displays properly now
- Fix: Target/Implied windows show now play nicely in either con mode (originally a game bug?)
- Several other small spacing tweaks/changes

UNINSTALL YOUR OLD VERSION FIRST!
It's not likely to cause issues, but some files have changed and some have been removed!

-------------------------------------------

DrumsUI now has it's own forum section!

With this update comes a lot of changes to the custom-saving options and the all new custom-saving text! Many of the features/updates included with community-requested ideas and suggestions. So I hope you all enjoy the update.
There's still more updates on the way, but I want to make sure everything was updated for Sentinel's Fate

The in-game settings (see screenshot below for example) save per-character and are editable on the fly from a popup screen. These quick cast buttons have few limitations, and I'll be explaining them in a sticky and make a page on the DrumsUI portal shortly.

Please report any bugs you come across. I'll be posting details information about tips and usage for the in-game buttons soon.

-Drum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	selfcures_ingame1.png
Views:	477
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	7120  
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:24 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Aww, no matching target/implied frame =(

Thanks for the prompt update for server up!
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Aww, no matching target/implied frame =(

Thanks for the prompt update for server up!
Aye, I ran out of time on that. But you can bet it'll be in the next update.
Cheers!
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
A Grassland Beetle

It's not a problem at all. Thanks again, sir!
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Not sure if this is just me, but my quest helper disappeared with the update to SF. I can right click and open the window properties and make the frame visible. But I can't see any text within the frame.

If i delete the two journal XML's from my custom folder I can see the default journal helper just fine though. Any idea what's up?
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

nm, heh.

Works fine. Another 'idiot behind the wheel' situation.

Last edited by wymp : 02-16-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:22 PM
A Mist Grinnin

All of the new modifications look good. You fixed the bugs noted in the previous version of guild and persona windows Nice work on the whole.

One thing I noticed is that the default and all Alt versions of the group window are sans pets. Do you have a version that includes the group pets (there is one in the Alts folder, but says OUTDATED)?
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

kiersten and wymp, download and install the new version of DrumsUI. The expansion changed the Journal and Active windows, but the new version of DrumsUI has them fixed and working.
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Having problems getting the click to cure to work when as a potion only. do i need to edit the settings to make that work.
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiersten View Post
Not sure if this is just me, but my quest helper disappeared with the update to SF. I can right click and open the window properties and make the frame visible. But I can't see any text within the frame.

If i delete the two journal XML's from my custom folder I can see the default journal helper just fine though. Any idea what's up?
Quests don't show in the quest helper anymore when you just highlight them in the journal. You need to click the checkboxes in the journal to select them to display in the Quest helper.
The Quest helper checkbox seems to be broken, but you can still toggle the helper with ALT+J (or your custom bind).

@Manxs: What code are you using to use your potion?

And to everyone else: being this is the first release with all the new quick button stuff, a lot of this is still in testing. I tested as much as I could, and now it's up to everyone to submit feedback and any bugs that may still exist

Cheers!
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
A Brown Bear

useitemonplayer MYSELF Dedicated Trauma Remedy
is this correct?
Unread 02-17-2010, 03:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest
Cool

Quite a clever way you managed to save settings sir!
Unread 02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Hey there.
I am trying to update Profit's click to cures in the raid window and getting an error. It shows Parent.Parent.Basic.member1.name.text not found. This is a valid path in the xml. Changing it to end with localtext instead of text does not work.

When I tried Drumsui to see if it was working with the current game update I had a similiar issue. In drumsui I get basic.name.localtext could not be found.

Have you verified that it is working on the current setup? I have DrumsUI 1.3 installed which I just downloaded from here.

Thanks for your time,
Silat
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxs View Post
useitemonplayer MYSELF Dedicated Trauma Remedy
is this correct?
You'll wanna use:
Code:
use_itemvdl 855760996
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Hey there.
I am trying to update Profit's click to cures in the raid window and getting an error. It shows Parent.Parent.Basic.member1.name.text not found. This is a valid path in the xml. Changing it to end with localtext instead of text does not work.

When I tried Drumsui to see if it was working with the current game update I had a similiar issue. In drumsui I get basic.name.localtext could not be found.

Have you verified that it is working on the current setup? I have DrumsUI 1.3 installed which I just downloaded from here.

Thanks for your time,
Silat
Lemme check everything with a clean install, but you need to setup your own abilities. Please read this topic:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13801

On first editing the quick buttin it "should" show the default commands. If it's show "Parent.Parent.blah blah" text, then I may need to tweak something.

Cheers

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-17-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Nektulos
Default Tradeskill Interface a bit wonky

The issue with commissions (from the stand-alone UI piece) is still present.

And to add to the confusion, SoE apparently changed how the timers are called in XML. Instead of seeing "Time Remaining: " and a countdown, I only see: "[DEVL]Time Left 01:10:30".

Probably not a quick fix, but if you would be so kind as to add it to your list. :-)
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You'll wanna use:
Code:
use_itemvdl 855760996
cool thanks. Now can you tell me how to get the item number? so i can snag the ones for the new potions
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugernaut View Post
The issue with commissions (from the stand-alone UI piece) is still present.

And to add to the confusion, SoE apparently changed how the timers are called in XML. Instead of seeing "Time Remaining: " and a countdown, I only see: "[DEVL]Time Left 01:10:30".

Probably not a quick fix, but if you would be so kind as to add it to your list. :-)
I'll check this out, thanks for the info!

@ Manxs:

Turn your logging on and link the item in chat. Then go to your log file:

Quote:
(1266452844)[Wed Feb 17 19:27:24 2010] Logging to 'logs/Blackburrow/eq2log_Drumstixx.txt' is now *ON*
(1266452852)[Wed Feb 17 19:27:32 2010] You say, "\aITEM 855760996 -149127685:Dedicated Trauma Remedy\/a"
The the first number (in orange) is the item ID.

Cheers!
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question DrumsUI & EQ2MAPs updater

(sidenote) totally love this UI, Thanks for the quick updates!!)
when I run the autoupdater
UIPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\ui\DrumsUI\
Downloading Manifest Retreaved
Scanning EQ2MAP files for updates.
653 file(s) found needing updates.
Downloading updated file(s)

Then I get a (Not Responding). Please advise. Scan will not start, when I remove the EQMap folder out of DrumsUI it updates fine but then I dont have your awesome UI in game. I would love to have both working together as it was before the expan.
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I'll check this out, thanks for the info!

@ Manxs:

Turn your logging on and link the item in chat. Then go to your log file:

The the first number (in orange) is the item ID.

Cheers!
WHOOOT now one last question how do you get the ID for the spells :-) trying to set up my quick cast cures and can get it to work on one type but not the second