EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 10-25-2004, 04:03 AM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Release Date Announcement Mon 10/25

John Smedley stopped by the beta forums today and touched on a couple of key issues. The biggest that they will be making an official release date announcement on Monday

You can read the whole thing in This post that I started just for the discussion of it.

Update: 10/25 11am Moorgard announced the Shipping date of Nov 8th, Which Means a full live/release date of Nov 9th for EQ2. You can the official press release here.

PLEASE remember to keep in nice, everyone will have different ideas and everyone is allowed thier own opinions!

- Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 10-25-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Unread 10-25-2004, 04:04 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Blackburrow

Kudane really is The Man
Unread 10-25-2004, 04:40 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
PLEASE remember to keep in nice, everyone will have different ideas and everyone is allowed thier own opinions!
Think that was directed to me?

I will admit I am cynical/sckeptic when it comes to SOE dealings.
Unread 10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Sweet, way earlier than I expected it to be officially released, can't wait, especially since I'm still unable to get into beta(having trouble downloading).
Unread 10-25-2004, 12:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Send a message via AIM to Ukthar Send a message via MSN to Ukthar

And releasing it 3 days b4 WoW, marketing at its finest. heh heh
Unread 10-25-2004, 01:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It is offical the release date is confirmed as nov. 8th =) WOOT!!

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...&message.id=30
Unread 10-25-2004, 03:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile There is a gaming god!

Well well the gaming gods have answered our cries EQ2 is being released in 2 weeks,drool!This is great news I can't wait the game is going to be awesome and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in the game.
Unread 10-25-2004, 03:52 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Talking

YES! I totally agree with you. I have been waiting for this game for a long time, and I havent been in any beta testing. Im confident the full release will be great and the constant patching and upgrading (which is something present in any MMO) will make the game an even greater experience. Im stoked!!

Unread 10-26-2004, 06:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face

Quote:
Remeber, BE NICE! :P

I really hope they are not doing this early release to get a foot up on WoW.

I am hoping that the views that a few people have given me will not be true in this case. Many keep pointing out to me about SoE's 'release' history and how a lot of the stuff they release is released too soon, and full of broken content. Even with some of the EQ expansion packs that were at the stores, the content of some of them was/is broken.

I know that MMO's are always evolving and there is no such thing as a 'perfect game' when its one of this type. Especially with how massive it is.

I just hope that with all my excitement and hope that I have for this game doesn't come tumbling down like it has with The Sims Online. That was a major bomb when it was released so soon with lack of content, and a slow development team. While I am glad with the changes they've made, there is no fun on there and it's just easier to talk with the friends on a messenger.

This game genre is completely different then TSO though. Anyway, While I was playing EQ before, and looked at the updates that were there. I was glad to see how detail they were and spelled out and how they explained what was wrong, what was causing it, and how it was fixed. I hope they continue this, and continue to have a great development team to fix problem, and release new content on a steady bases.