Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Closed Thread
Unread 07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Exclamation A quick lil EQ2 UI primer

Mostly made for peeps moving from eq1 to eq2 but good info for everyone. This is basically all the important stuff known about the ui so far.

·Group mana bars - In the group window, an individual’s mana bar is right under their health bar, no more mana checks.

· 12 hotbuttons per page - Buttons 1-0 and – and +. (no screenshots show this yet)

· No more spell bar - Spells now take up a hotbutton slot, and you no longer need to mem spells. In fact, you can cast them right out of the book. And I know, some people are saying “only 12 spells/hotbuttons! That sucks!” not to worry, cause:

· You can have multiple rows of hotbuttons - Default is the 1st row of hotbuttons visible. Stretch the window higher and a second row appears, then a third, ect.

· Its still XML - So all your uber coding skillz from eq1 can still be put to good use

· Mana has a number value - You won’t need magelo to find out how much mana you have, you’ll be able to have your min/max mana on your ui.

· True windowed mode - No mouse releasing key combos needed. Works just like a normal Windows window.

· No mp3 player, voice chat, or other stuff - Since they now have a serviceable windowed mode they are leaving all this stuff up to 3rd party apps.

· A Social window - /help emote is dead. The social window has a list of all your emotes.

· Option for 16:9 Displays - cause widescreen is cool.

·(oh yeah) Mana is now called Power - Because melees get it too. But I’m still calling it mana... I guess that makes me old school.

·The EQII button - You’ll see a lil button with the eq2 logo on it in a few screenshots. It “opens up a full list of options for those who don’t know or prefer not to use the hotkeys.” and is similar to the start button in windows.

·A couple equipment slots are gone - face, shoulders, charm, and ear2 didn’t make the cut. While a new guy, the food slot, is in.

All info is from either the Moorgard index at EQII.com, Faarwolf, or Fan Fair/E3 accounts, and is subject to change.

Oh, check out this picture it gives you an idea of the new default ui and stats and stuff.

Last edited by insomniac : 07-07-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 07-13-2004, 02:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

Wow I didnt know that about the spells from the book. The whole spell casting thing sounds very horizons ish, which had IMO the best spell system todate. But that game sucks and is almost dead sooo..... GO EQ2!

Unread 07-14-2004, 11:49 AM
A Coastal Crab

I agree, Horizons has had the best Spell system to date. I hope the ability for scholars to increase power of spells is like the Horizons system.

Maybe this time it will be actually harder to get the components so not every single person has the best of everything.

Ok rant off.
Unread 07-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Xaln

Insomniac,

Your more versed in XML I'm sure than I would ever hope to be.... will it be possible to have, ready to use, more than one "page" of spells up. Possibly making the second or third row, at least clickable, where as your first page would still use the assigned hotkeys? This would be really beneficial to those classes that use a lot of spells, like summoning classes.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 07-19-2004, 03:01 PM
A Griffon

Thumbs Up

Quote:
will it be possible to have, ready to use, more than one "page" of spells up. Possibly making the second or third row, at least clickable, where as your first page would still use the assigned hotkeys?
You can have as many rows of hotbuttons up as you want. 48 spells (or whatever crazy number you want)on the screen, ready to launch, is totally possible. you wont even need xml.

Unread 07-20-2004, 08:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Can't wait for it!!!
Unread 07-30-2004, 01:12 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

I really like the idea of multiple spell bars...err hot button bars. And the casting from the spell book.

Unread 01-03-2005, 12:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default My layout

Here's my layout.. since my main is a healer I like to keep my target along with everyones Health/Power centralized so I don't have to move around the screen to keep track.

Chat windows are set to only show on update or mouseover.

Thanks to all for the wonderful mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000015.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	537  
Unread 01-03-2005, 01:44 AM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Send a message via AIM to tonyis3l33t Send a message via Yahoo to tonyis3l33t

i have a doc i wrote for this website but its 750kb or so. Which is like twice the size allowed for attachments and its definetly not a mod so i wont dare try to post it as one. Would be nice to be able to post it....

Its just a little introduction with lots of screenshots on how to set up EQ2UI Builder and has an example of a mod. Maybe ill host it on an angelfire site or something...
Unread 01-03-2005, 04:22 AM
A Griffon

VERY old thread, very outdated info (pre-beta i think) let it die. feel free to pm me about it

Closed Thread