EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

There was no folder included with the zip file that I downloaded. All the files were just there..
Unread 01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSniper
There was no folder included with the zip file that I downloaded. All the files were just there..
Then, as I said, your unzip program ignored the folder structure in the zip file, as the zip *does* include an "infocenter" folder and various subfolders. That structure *has* to be maintained, if the game is to be able to find the various data files.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
I'll give that a try right now and see if it works.
Awesome thanks.
This would allow me to provide your work in the ThorUI AU without fear of overwriting others works that may require an edited mainhud file.

[quote=I'm not quite following you. The "notes" text files are already in their own folder. The download has to include blank notes files, of course, but as long as you have backup copies of your modified notes files, you can easily replace the default ones with your modified ones whenever the mod is updated.[/QUOTE]

Understood, no change requested on how they are provided. Just wondering if you could make a separate resizable window to reference the notes. You or I could offer a button that would open up the notes window. If the notes had a resizable window all to themselves users could leave the window open while questing or what have you rather than having to keep opening the full InfoCenter window. Just a thought.

I was also working on some artisan and adventure guides. I'll send you an email of what I have so far so you can evaluate them and see if they are worth including.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 01-22-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Unread 01-22-2006, 09:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Awesome thanks.
It's done. I had to change the name of the main file from "eq2ui_mainhud_infocenter.xml" to "eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml" for the change to actually work, but that was a minor issue, and you're quite right about things much easier for everyone if it's called from "eq2ui_journals.xml" rather than from "eq2ui_mainhud.xml."

Quote:
Just wondering if you could make a separate resizable window to reference the notes.
Hmm. No immediate response. I'll think about it.

Quote:
I was also working on some artisan and adventure guides. I'll send you an email of what I have so far so you can evaluate them and see if they are worth including.
I'd love to see 'em!

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:31 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

Just a heads up to let you know. Love Infocenter. I compiled a UI based on T.King's Undead-Gothic with some mods from Fetish UI, ie, the map, inventory etc and I put yer mod into it as well. If you would like to check it out, please feel free at:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4163

Thanx again and keep it coming

tpb Kharzon
Unread 01-23-2006, 10:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Is this now accessable from the Journal, like it used to be?
If so, then I've done something wrong.
Unread 01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
Is this now accessable from the Journal, like it used to be?
No, it's not accessible from the journal. The connection to the journal is entirely "behind the scenes"; the info center's XML file is called ("included") from the journal's XML file.

To access the info center in the game, simply type (or create a macro to type for you):

/show_window Journals.InfoCenter

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-23-2006, 10:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Default Color in *.txt Files

Hi there!

Let me start by saying I think InfoCenter is great! Thanks so very much!

I have two quick (and hopefully painless) questions.

1. Is there a way that certain words can have color/highights in the text files?

2. Is there a way I can skin this with the Fetish Nightfall?

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Again, thanks again for sharing InfoCenter with us!
Unread 01-23-2006, 11:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawrid
1. Is there a way that certain words can have color/highights in the text files?
I'm not really sure. The text files are "included" as contents of <TEXT> containers in the XML files. So any formatting commands that could normally be used as part of a text string within a <TEXT> container ought to work fine. But I've not actually tested it.

Quote:
2. Is there a way I can skin this with the Fetish Nightfall?
I don't know of anything that would stop you.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-23-2006, 09:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
No, it's not accessible from the journal. The connection to the journal is entirely "behind the scenes"; the info center's XML file is called ("included") from the journal's XML file.

To access the info center in the game, simply type (or create a macro to type for you):

/show_window Journals.InfoCenter

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Would adding a <include> make it so this will pull up in the journal? Or has that been tried already? I'd love to have the full layout just in the journal if possible lol =)

Dawrid, I skinned a previous version of this for Fetish, for myself it wasn't hard =) Just a little trial and error lol.
Unread 01-23-2006, 11:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
Would adding a <include> make it so this will pull up in the journal?
Um, no; the Info Center is a completely separate window. By design. Quite intentionally.

My old help window and guild window and journal window mods are obsolete; the info center contains all the data files those other mods used to contain, and much more besides, in a separate window that won't be affected by future changes to the default windows' appearances or functions.

-- Darryl
Unread 02-03-2006, 10:34 AM
A Griffon

Default Another Update

In the wake of LU19, the Info Center's been updated again.

First, you'll find that it now includes the full Live Update 19 patch notes, as well as a history file containing the "headline" info from previous LUs. While I have no desire to try to maintain a full patch history in the Info Center, it occurred to me that being able to easily reference the notes from the latest "huge change" while in the game could be handy.

I've revised the spell list page to reflect the new "direct to subclass" character progression, with a single spell list for each subclass, showing spells (or songs or combat arts) all the way from level 1 to level 60. However, the spell lists themselves have *not* been updated yet, and still show the old (generic) spells for levels 1-19; updating the lists will have to come later.

I've also begun updating the harvesting and cookbook info to reflect the new "no subcombines" tradeskilling system that's been implemented for tiers 1 and 2, and which will soon be implemented for other tiers, as well.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 02-04-2006, 01:13 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

Hey, maybe you've already tried this or maybe not, but I was thinking that you could implement a page that shows the current patch notes from the patch notes web page:

http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/pat...ates_live.html

Can the web browser be launched with a URL? This is the page that comes up from the launch pad when you press the Update Notes button. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Unread 02-04-2006, 02:07 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FYI, I've come to the conclusion that custom windows have issues accepting any script commands when closed (other than show_window). I'll be exploring work arounds for this soon, but it came up when intigrating InfoCenter into various help icons that activate the related InfoCenter tab.
Unread 02-05-2006, 09:24 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unkown

Hy....it is possible to fix the problem with german clients? many window isīnt showing for me...
But i would not delete any infos in the text files for a matchable size

can everybody help me?

The Guardian Angels
Unread 02-06-2006, 05:13 PM
A Griffon

Default Another Update

The window's been updated again. No XML changes this time, though. Mainly just updates to the spell lists, thanks in large part to Valdacil. They're still not *completely* updated for LU19, but they're mostly done.

-- Darryl
Unread 02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMagica
Hy....it is possible to fix the problem with german clients?
I'm sorry, but unfortunately, I know nothing about any of the non-English clients. I've no idea why the German client won't allow inclusion of larger text files as the English one does, and so far as I know, I don't even have access to the files to try to figure it out. (Not that I'd likely know what to look for, anyway.)

-- Darryl (Milq)
Unread 02-14-2006, 04:45 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Unhappy Wordwrap problems

I love this InfoCenter. I'm even more glad that Fetish incorporated it, in his last large upgrade.

However, I'm having a few problems reading it. On several of the pages, where the information wraps from line to line, the right side of the window doesn't have the correct placement of the information on the wordwrap. As a result, part of each line is missing. If I widen the window, the position changes, but the fact of missing information doesn't, just which words are missing. And, there is no slider on the bottom of the window, to move to the right, to read the rest of the line.

Any help with this would be appreciated, as I use this center constantly.

Thanks, Milque
Unread 02-14-2006, 05:16 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Give me a few examples and I'll look at them. Its possible I set the text area for a tab or 2 wider than the page containing it.

Bleh! While looking into this, I noticed why editing the Notes pages wasn't working for folks using my version... UI Builder shoved all the txt include source into the parent pages. I'll have to reskin those pages manually for the next release

Last edited by Zonx : 02-14-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Unread 02-14-2006, 07:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Give me a few examples and I'll look at them. Its possible I set the text area for a tab or 2 wider than the page containing it.
Zonx

I updated the infocenter directory with the xml files from the latest MIC download. it seems to effect every page. i have posted an example of the welcome screen below for you to see. it doesnt matter in some windows as there isnt much text but in others like the HQ descriptions it is a pain. YOu also loose the scroll bar from the right hand side.

my guess is you will need to increase the text area slightly in your _eq2ui_journals_infocenter file.

For the time being i am using the eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml (supplied with the MIC download) renamed with the _ in place of the one you supplied and it works fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000005.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	4579  

Last edited by Liandra : 02-14-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Unread 02-15-2006, 07:06 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Default Collections

First off - excellent, excellent addon. I'm a new player and this is incredibly valuable to me.

Now, I went through and looked for Collection information because I was a bit confused on what rewards were and what I needed to do exactly but couldn't find anything. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a list of all the collections off of TenTonHammer into notes that I could view in game.

It all went well until I tried to test them: now the game just crashes. Probably one of the characters I used or something. Anyways, I'll post them here to see if they're of any use to you, or at least how to fix them so that they will display properly. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt note01.txt (6.5 KB, 515 views)
File Type: txt note02.txt (2.1 KB, 418 views)
File Type: txt note03.txt (2.9 KB, 450 views)
Unread 02-15-2006, 10:06 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Spiricore - I would stand to wager it's the single bracket you used in Note 3. In XML the < and > are used to denote tags. By using the > in your formatting you just closed the tag for that note, which causes everything coming after that to be formatted as code. Since the UI doesn't know what to do with that, it gets confused and thus crashes. Try removing all of the ">" from the file and see if that works for you.
Unread 02-15-2006, 10:31 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
It all went well until I tried to test them: now the game just crashes.
I made two minor corrections to your files, and they worked fine for me. I changed the fancy quotation marks to normal quotation marks, and I removed the "<" symbols. I'm not sure the quotation marks were actually problematic, but I just don't like the fancy ones. But while the ">" symbol is fine in text files, the "<" symbol will, at the least, cause the display to abort where it appears, and may cause crashes.

However, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The info's too useful not to include now that someone's actually compiled it, and so it'll be added to the next Info Center release.

-- Darryl
Unread 02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the quotation marks, they came in with the copy/paste job. Thanks for getting that cleared up.

Also, I'm not sure how you're doing credit, but just to be on the safe side, I pulled all this info from http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/index.ph...d=132&meid=183

Quote:
However, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The info's too useful not to include now that someone's actually compiled it, and so it'll be added to the next Info Center release.
Yay Glad I could help. If I come across any other stuff that I end up adding I'll post it here as well. I'll also let you know if I run across any mistakes I made ;p

Last edited by Spiricore : 02-15-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Unread 02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Loved your help window, and love this one too

I was wondering though if there was any way for it to 'remember' what tab you were on and how far down the page you were at in each tab the way your help window did. I have several notes I referance in game, and having it remember exactly where I was scrolled down to when I had to last close the window would be extreamly usefull.