EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-18-2010, 07:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I have profit UI reborn and I updated it a couple times now but in game it still says your UI is incompatible update it. But I have

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
I have profit UI reborn and I updated it a couple times now but in game it still says your UI is incompatible update it. But I have

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you
It must be installing to the wrong directory...make sure the updater is pointing to where you installed eq2. Also make sure to run as admin on vista/win7.

Quote:
Here is the correct lines for _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites1.txt for the new rares to show in broker window.
Yea, i made a cut and paste error lol. Fix going up now.

Silat
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
did you install from the cd? if so you now have a new install of the game possibly and its pointing to the wrong one.
Yes I did install it from the CD. I have checked all I know to check. The eq2.ini is correct (cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/). The ui folder is in the right place (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI). Finally the file paths is correct (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II). Any idea on how I can resolve the issue, point it to the right one if that is the problem.
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:29 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by volko View Post
Yes I did install it from the CD. I have checked all I know to check. The eq2.ini is correct (cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/). The ui folder is in the right place (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI). Finally the file paths is correct (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II). Any idea on how I can resolve the issue, point it to the right one if that is the problem.
What OS are you using...is it Vista/win7?

Silat
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Also, it seems that the raid window being borked is a SOE issue. Drumsui is having the same problem. As GM9 suggested they probably modified the dynamic data. I have sent a PM to Rothgar. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Silat
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
As GM9 suggested they probably modified the dynamic data.
There is no dynamic data for the raid window, is there?

Also don't make me come out of retirement for this, lol. The whole essence of eq2 UI modding is things being unnecessarily complicated and you wasting hours trying to find ways around the quirks.
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost
Default No Login Data

I updated to the latest version today that only dealt with journals, persona and market but now, when I go to log in with the login data screen, it's blank. The file is still there with all the correct data and eq2.ini still points to the correct directory, etc. It seems the file is just not being looked at. Did the directory for it change or something?
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
There is no dynamic data for the raid window, is there?

Also don't make me come out of retirement for this, lol. The whole essence of eq2 UI modding is things being unnecessarily complicated and you wasting hours trying to find ways around the quirks.
lol. If this gets you out of retirement I will consider it a job well done by SOE .

Silat
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's more stuff like that which made me glad to leave in the end.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziekew View Post
I updated to the latest version today that only dealt with journals, persona and market but now, when I go to log in with the login data screen, it's blank. The file is still there with all the correct data and eq2.ini still points to the correct directory, etc. It seems the file is just not being looked at. Did the directory for it change or something?
My login data screen works fine. If you're referring to the quick login which holds char and pw etc.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost

I found this in another thread, not sure it will help but might point in the right direction.

"Battlegrounds....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love this mod for healing, but in battlegrounds it would be of no use for the simple fact that ever character has the _servername after there character name.

This is done so people from different servers, but with the same name are not counted as one person or something like that from the test forums.

Is there anyway to get the server name for healing?"

This is from the Darq group/raid thread.

Mao.
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Then ya have other update then me PB... Cos i just ran patcher and it broke my quick login list
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Update: I fond fix for the login window. eq2ui_loginscene is linking the date file _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt.xml
after patching profitui.

tho the data is standing in _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt (so no XML file)

You can easly fix this by resaving _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt to _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt.xml

Login and all works fine
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the update. Someone posted a fix for the login screen picture issue earlier and it must of had that error in it. It will get changed back to _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt in that file by default.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_loginscene.zip (4.3 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by TalTal : 02-18-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock
Default Broker Window

I updated the broker window drop down files to include the T9 stuff.

Corrected some directing issues where if you search for T9 rares it goes to T9 rares instead of T8.

added The new adornment and transmuting books to the drop down searches and removed the enigma book search (as they no longer exist).

I added the slot amounts on backpacks and strongboxes that were missing (the ones that I knew, still missing a couple).

added the Sumac display cases to the drop down searches.

I don't take credit for this stuff other than Master of copy & paste please give all props for this to the original creator

Toodles,
James

P.S. This is the first time I've added files to a message here so I hope it works. Just copy these 6 files into your profit UI folder overwriting the old ones.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites1.txt (12.6 KB, 337 views)
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites2.txt (4.3 KB, 339 views)
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites3.txt (27.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites4.txt (4.8 KB, 348 views)
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites5.txt (14.1 KB, 333 views)
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites6.txt (6.2 KB, 339 views)
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

James,
Thanks much. I tried to get a quick update done on them...but I am not as masterful as you with cut and paste

Silat
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock
Default your welcome

your welcome did I upload them correctly to the site or should I have stuck them all together in a zip?
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Thanks for the update. Someone posted a fix for the login screen picture issue earlier and it must of had that error in it. It will get changed back to _ProfitUI_LoginData.txt in that file by default.

Silat
That was me, sorry for that. I didn't actually change anything in the file except the images it used. If someone could explain what changed, it'd be great so I don't have that problem again.
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Is anyone else having issues with the hot buttons not displaying when transmuting. All the progress lines and everything come up just no icons to click
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Oasis
Default Adorning Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by stondgoat View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the hot buttons not displaying when transmuting. All the progress lines and everything come up just no icons to click
You have to go buy your skills again from the adorning trainer. I had that problem and noticed that they were not in my knowledge book.
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:29 PM
A Griffon

Just noticed Extreme 2010 uses a different way of calling things. Not sure if the quotes are what is messing up the profit window or not. But looks like most the call to Parent.Parent.Member1.Basic.Name.Localtext is the same.
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I discovered this problem for the first time today and devised a trick to fix it in my own raid window.

Essentially the problem is that they changed something in the script interpreter/compiler which no longer allows an XML element Name to equal "Name". I would guess the problem is when you reference "Basic.Name.LocalText", you're not referencing the Attribute LocalText of the Element Name of the Element Basic... you're trying to reference the Attribute LocalText of the Attribute Name of the Element Basic. There's no such thing as an Attribute of an Attribute in XML, so the reference fails and is interpreted as a literal string.

Since you can no longer reference this Element from the outside, the data must be placed outside. In my case, I added an OnTextChanged event handler to the Name element and populated an Attribute in Basic called NameText. Then all I had to do as change my references from "Basic.Name.LocalText" to "Basic.NameText".

Last edited by EQAditu : 02-18-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added some color and formatting because the content is confusing
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
I discovered this problem for the first time today and devised a trick to fix it in my own raid window.

Essentially the problem is that they changed something in the script interpreter/compiler which no longer allows an XML element Name to equal "Name". I would guess the problem is when you reference "Basic.Name.LocalText", you're not referencing the Attribute LocalText of the Element Name of the Element Basic... you're trying to reference the Attribute LocalText of the Attribute Name of the Element Basic. There's no such thing as an Attribute of an Attribute in XML, so the reference fails and is interpreted as a literal string.

Since you can no longer reference this Element from the outside, the data must be placed outside. In my case, I added an OnTextChanged event handler to the Name element and populated an Attribute in Basic called NameText. Then all I had to do as change my references from "Basic.Name.LocalText" to "Basic.NameText".

Good stuff. I was trying to think of a way to do this, but did not know WHY it wasn't working...

Thanks !
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Shameless copy of EQAditu's idea for the raid window. Tests as functional on my PC. Direct all thanks to him!

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml (212.5 KB, 406 views)

Last edited by TalTal : 02-18-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:34 PM
A Griffon

Woot push live it works