Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal
Default Profit and GU#57

I was working on modding it for the update but I have had some rl issues come up and am not going to have the time or ability to mod for a while. Hopefully someone else will step up and take care of this for you guys.

Silat
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

I will help where I can but I am not by any means a modder however if I had someone holding my hand so to speak to teach me the ins and outs I do have the time to work on it. I am good enough to be able to open a page of code and figure out what I am looking at and what window or role it plays in the game but not good enough to change it drastically to fit what is needed.

If someone could guide me as to what needs to be done I am willing to put the blisters on my fingers to do the writing.
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Dang Silat hope things are ok.

I'll do what I can to keep it running but you know as well as me that my experiences with this is just beginning. I have been able to finally get a few things working like I want.

I've sent you a PM
Unread 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

I hope someone can help out, I'd hate to see profit not be compatible with the new update.
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
A Sea Turtle

I've been exploring the new interface on the test server. Today I decide to copy my ProfitUI stuff over to my test account. The only two items that did not work properly where the maintained spells and the persona/character window. The plug-ugly experience bar was gone and the standard ProfitUI one was up.

Also, all the bags and hot bars had their square corners back, but the grab handles were gone. Not a big loss as far as I'm concerned.

A quick fix for the maintained spells and persona windows was to delete the corresponding files in the profitUI folder and the default ones popped up.

OH, for those who don't care for the new red color, with Profit, the older blue one was used.

So, depending on what SOE does with the new interface between now and release of GU57, it looks like you can still use pretty much all of Profit.

Hope this helps some.
Unread 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM
A Berserk Golem

The one annoying thing is the xp bar resizes to cross the entire screen everytime you log into test. Hopefully this will get fixed as well. I really do not want to get stuck w/ the new default one - it's awful. The default maintained window is bugged - one of the icons is constantly distorted and stretched out and you can't scroll the static buffs up and out of the way so you can actually see procs in the window. I hope someone can manage to get the profit files fixed. Hope things in RL work out for you Silat - thanks for all your work keeping profit going.

Last edited by primamezzo : 08-16-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Well it seems GU57 is hitting live servers tomorrow, so I hope someone is on top of Profit's needed modifications so we won't be without our favorite UI for too long.
Unread 08-16-2010, 10:51 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewton View Post
I've been exploring the new interface on the test server. Today I decide to copy my ProfitUI stuff over to my test account. The only two items that did not work properly where the maintained spells and the persona/character window. The plug-ugly experience bar was gone and the standard ProfitUI one was up.

Also, all the bags and hot bars had their square corners back, but the grab handles were gone. Not a big loss as far as I'm concerned.

A quick fix for the maintained spells and persona windows was to delete the corresponding files in the profitUI folder and the default ones popped up.

OH, for those who don't care for the new red color, with Profit, the older blue one was used.

So, depending on what SOE does with the new interface between now and release of GU57, it looks like you can still use pretty much all of Profit.

Hope this helps some.
Has anyone else confirmed that this is the case? I know there were supposed to be big changes, so I'm kind of shocked that only two Profit windows are broke without any modifications.
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:11 AM
A Griffon
Featured

It is the case almost. The borders of the start button menu do not line up either but it is still functional. The maintained window needs Version="2.0" added to the end of the first <Page> tag for it to work. The persona window works but has no inventory window so if you use the profit one you'll be missing the inventory tab.

Silat
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:01 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
It is the case almost. The borders of the start button menu do not line up either but it is still functional. The maintained window needs Version="2.0" added to the end of the first <Page> tag for it to work. The persona window works but has no inventory window so if you use the profit one you'll be missing the inventory tab.

Silat
Thanks for the explanation Silat.

I hope everything is ok with whatever you're going through in RL.
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:18 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleknot View Post
Thanks for the explanation Silat.

I hope everything is ok with whatever you're going through in RL.
My rl thing is not that bad....had an electrical surge that fried both my gaming pc's (one of which I do my xml work on). So I lost the work for the ui, the ability to play the game in a reasonable manner and some of my unbackedup work on other projects I am on.

BTW the start menu thing I mentioned seems to be a default ui issue as well.

Silat
Unread 08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore
Default the experience window issues

I just added UserResizable="true" at the end of the first <page> tag in the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml file and everything seems back to normal for me as far as the crappy docking experience window goes. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by xerek : 08-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Unread 08-17-2010, 12:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here is the instructions in case anybody wanted step by step instructions on the day it goes live and the auto updater for some reason does not work etc.

Go to your "\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II (GB)\UI\ProfitUI" directory and delete "eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml"

Find "eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml" and open it with notepad by right clicking and choosing edit, you need to change the the second line down such that the top 2 lines look like -

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page alwaysonbottom="true" DynamicData="/GameData.Spells.MaintainedWindow" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="0,90" MinimumSize="32,35" Name="Maintained" PackLocation="left,nfn" PackSize="f,p" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" Size="255,318" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" Version="2.0">
Basically you have inserted Version="2.0" into the the end of the Page tab, i.e. before the > the close.

Last edited by mjgr33n : 08-17-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Edit
Unread 08-17-2010, 12:13 PM
A Griffon

Nice so far people are posting the things needed to make sure this functions on release of GU57

Oh and I want to officially name that update the Cartoonversion of eq2 anyway here is the fix for the startmenu issue

open your server
_character_settings.xml file and find startmenu

Remove the line

<Window Name="StartMenu" alignment="3" alignment_offset="0,37" backdrop_mo_o="1" backdrop_n_o="1" foreground_mo_o="1" foreground_n_o="1" frame_mo_o="1" frame_n_o="1" locked="true" size="192,720" window_style="1" />
varibles will vary but you're lookin for the startmenu item delete that line. This will fix the start menu from looking all crappy without having to delete your other window locations.
Unread 08-17-2010, 12:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerek View Post
I just added UserResizable="true" at the end of the first <page> tag in the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml file and everything seems back to normal for me as far as the crappy docking experience window goes. Hope this helps someone.
I noticed you posted in DrumsUI so wondering if this works for Profit since they are different windows all together.
Unread 08-17-2010, 12:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
I noticed you posted in DrumsUI so wondering if this works for Profit since they are different windows all together.
I use a mix of DrumsUI windows and Profit. But the window I was referring to here is the experience xml file that profit provides.

My post on the DrumsUI forum is for the statbar/start button. For some reason it's no longer bringing up the start menu for me. I compared the live default xml file to the test default xml file and couldn't find a difference which leaves me confused. If the drumsui file works on the live server and the live and test xml files show no difference you'd think the drumsui file would continue to work as it has in the past. That or I am completely missing something about what's happening here.
Unread 08-17-2010, 01:27 PM
A Griffon

Server: Guk

The start menu is part of the Experience bar in the NEW default UI so my guess is they are no longer processing that window with LIVE data.

It doesn't work in Fetish either.
Unread 08-17-2010, 09:06 PM
A Griffon

Default Experience window

One thing I noticed today: the new experience window hoses the default layout. Normally the Profit experience window's in the upper-left corner. Now it looks like it's spread the full width of the screen down near the bottom (maybe an inch or so above the lower edge of the screen).

I'm getting the sinking feeling that the new experience window, with all it's bells and whistles for beginners, is going to become a major pain for any UI mod that doesn't want a full-screen-width experience bar with buttons on it (eg. me).

Also, since the inventory window doesn't exist the Profit persona window definitely has to be reverted to the default one if you want access to your inventory.
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerek View Post
UserResizable="true" would be redundant to add to the profit experience window as it is already in there. You can resize it on test as is currently...after it snaps in place. But on first load it moves it to the bottom corner and across the full screen which is going to bother people tomorrow. Other than drums suggestion of switching the start button code and xp bar code I can see no way to make it all work quite right.

Silat
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

These files should make you compatible with gu57 for the most part. They will show up on the patcher at some point I am sure as well.

Silat

PS I am back up and running but I lost my data so these are just quick edits to make them functional.

Moved attachments to this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14657

Last edited by TalTal : 09-01-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 02:05 AM
A Forest Scavenger

This is true about the resizing thing. Apologies, I forgot that I snagged an alternate of that window from the EliteUI config of profit in which it is not resize-able.
Unread 08-18-2010, 04:56 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
These files should make you compatible with gu57 for the most part. They will show up on the patcher at some point I am sure as well.

Silat

PS I am back up and running but I lost my data so these are just quick edits to make them functional.
Thanks A lot,

Welcome back so to speak
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

Silat

Thanks for the updates. How would one go about getting the spell names on the left side of the icons, and make the overall size smaller again?
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:19 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose1123 View Post
Thanks for the updates. How would one go about getting the spell names on the left side of the icons, and make the overall size smaller again?
edit the maintained window file and add Version="2.0" to the end of it. Each variant would need this added.
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

ZOMG someone fix the xp window from stretching every time we log in.