EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default Windows changing position upon returning to fullscreen

Hello there, I've been stumbling with this for some time now and was wondering if anyone knows why certain windows shift their position slightly when changing the game back into fullscreen mode from windowed mode (I alternate between the 2 on a fairly regular basis).

I've always noticed this problem with my exp bar but found it pretty easy to ignore, but now that it's happened to my chat windows I feel like I have to at least try to figure out what's causing it.

Basically, I have 2 chat windows at the bottom left and center of my screen, which also line up with my horizontal rows of hotbars on the bottom right of my screen. When I switch back to fullscreen mode from Windowed, my chat windows shift downward a couple pixels, but the hotbars, which they were previously perfectly aligned with before don't move an inch.

So the question is why do the chat windows shift down while every single other window in my UI stays exactly where it was before. I've thought of all kinds of things, like how the game screen is actaully a little smaller in windowed mode since both my game and desktop resolution are the same, and yet that still doesn't make sense since ONLY the chat windows move.

If anyone is experienced with this phenomenon and knows how to stop it (any sort of absolute positioning?) suggestions would be much appreciated. I have no problem diving into the code as long as you can tell me where to go =0.
Unread 11-16-2005, 11:03 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm not sure if it has to do with the "Allow windows off screen or not", but I would suggest setting windows in their place in full screen, and hope for the best when going to windowed mode. I play in windowed mode a bit, but I run 1600x1200 and the screen extended as much as posssible. So, I don't seen a huge window shift, but there is a litte from the bottom, usually my 2 or 3 hotbars get shoved up a bit, and my chat windows.

But, one thing I know is that the settings can be different. IE: you can set a different resolution for windowed and fullscreen, so maybe there's different window placements? No idea.
Unread 11-17-2005, 02:55 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

When the window resizes (or you switch to/from fullscreen mode), each window will remain where it is in relation to the nearest "anchor point". These include the screen edges, the letterbox edges, and the center of the screen.

What's probably happening is that the chat windows are anchoring to the screen edge, but the hotbars are anchoring to the center line.

No ideas on how to correct this, but I thought I'd let you know just what's (probably) occuring.