Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbush @ File comments
I like these target windows, but they only work on my XP system. They do not work with my Laptop running Vista. The default Everquest UI .xml files are used. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Thats weird! Are you sure your eq2 client in the vista laptop have its INI configured to use a custom interface?

The operative system shouldnt be a problem since the xmls are used by the game itself, windows have nothing to do with it.
Unread 09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Vista and Target/Implied Problems

Yeah it's exactly the same as on the XP box.

cl_ui_skinname Koko
cl_ui_subdir UI/

The bove is in the /sony/Everquest II/eq2.ini file and the .xml files are in the Koko directory /sony/Everquest II/UI/Koko.

Other UI interfaces work okay. I tried downloading them a couple of times and replacing them, but same problem. Copied the exact files over to XP box and copied over the files and worked fine. Tried using each by themselves and same problem.

What's really strange is that your Group interface works fine on both systems.

Thanks for the help.
Unread 10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

having the same issue as robb :/

awesome pieces tho,

any chance the guy who made the necro customizations could post that file? that looked sweet.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Will be updating all the SORi pieces for GU40 very soon.
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

hi. i just got EQ2 today. loaded into the world for the first time about an hour ago. been fiddling with the options and controls etc. and realized how poor the default health bars are.

ive been playing wow since its release and am familiar with custom UI mods. i just found your player/target/implied bars. great job! they are very similar to what i am used to from wow. nice thick bars that show the values on them. not to mention yours seem to be the only ones that are up to date. which is fine by me, because out of all the ones ive looked at (about 3-4 pages worth) i liked your the best.

i am having an issue though. i cant seem to get the target/implied target windows to work. it just shows the default stuff ingame. the player window works fine though. im pretty sure its all in the right directory. the eq2.ini is pointing to the right directory. as i said the player window works fine.

*edit* nevermind i figured it out. i had NPC evaluation in the the user interface options set to 'detailed'. changed it back to 'simple' and all works fine.

love these bars!

Last edited by devius : 12-03-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Unread 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thank you for your comments, glad you liked my work

About the problem you had, is the first time i read something like that but you managed to make it work neways. Thanks for posting the solution, other players may find the same problem and now they know how to fix it
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:05 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Is there any way to change the HP/Power text to white, or something more contrasting?

Really love this player frame, good work!

EDIT: I also had the same problem as Devius, had to change to simple for them to work. There wouldn't be any way to be able to use this frame and keep detailed NPC? I sincerely appologize, I'm really nit-picky; but there wouldn't be any way to make the Target and Implied frame larger is there? =\

Last edited by Qupe : 12-12-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Is there any way to change the HP/Power text to white, or something more contrasting?
The original color of the numbers is white, but since you health and power are buffed the color changes.

There is no way to overwrite that "effect" because it is hardcoded, the only thing you can do is change the color for the 100%,75%,50%,25% health values on the game options. Tryed to use it that way but after some weeks rolled back to the original colors and finally got used to it.

Quote:
Really love this player frame, good work!
Thanks

Quote:
EDIT: I also had the same problem as Devius, had to change to simple for them to work. There wouldn't be any way to be able to use this frame and keep detailed NPC? I sincerely appologize, I'm really nit-picky; but there wouldn't be any way to make the Target and Implied frame larger is there? =\
Will try to fix that detailed-simple thing as soon i can find some time to work on it, the same version of the window should appear in both modes.
Regarding the "frames" of the detailled version, well... really hate em so i dont think that's goin to be changed.

There is no way to make the target/implied target larger, sizes of all windows are locked.
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Simple and clean as I like it.. that why I use the SORi group, player, target and implied ones.

I just wonder if it would be possible to add an information about the class in the group window.. with the name of the class or an icon.. especially when grouping with random people and being the healer.. it would help to know by a quick look who is playing what class when doing the healer job.
Unread 02-18-2008, 11:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Nevermind.. added the classes myself.. was pretty easy
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Any plans on updating any of your frames for LU44 or have you quit the modding scene =(
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

any chance this could be updated to gu44, pretty please
Unread 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes i know this is sort of a necropost, but is there any chance that someone could update this to work with the consolidated cure spell and have the cure curse in it?

I'd do it myself, but i got no clue how