EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Not grasping concept of working in UIBuilder - Please help!

I've opened up XML files that I've downloaded without problem. I've opened up the default eq2 xml file just fine. I can kinda drag stuff around and move stuff, but I'm just not understanding the basic concept of how UIBuilder works. I'm a developer so it's driving me crazzy that I can't figure this out. I've tried moving Window frames and expanding stuff. I couldnt even figure out how to just add a static label to a window such as persona. Where is a list of things that can or cannot be added? How do i click in my Inventory window and add say my health %? What am I missing?!? I've looked at the word tutorial and I couldnt get the MainHUD to pull up anything I could edit. Thanks for your help!

mechtn
Unread 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtn
I've opened up XML files that I've downloaded without problem. I've opened up the default eq2 xml file just fine. I can kinda drag stuff around and move stuff, but I'm just not understanding the basic concept of how UIBuilder works. I'm a developer so it's driving me crazzy that I can't figure this out. I've tried moving Window frames and expanding stuff. I couldnt even figure out how to just add a static label to a window such as persona. Where is a list of things that can or cannot be added? How do i click in my Inventory window and add say my health %? What am I missing?!? I've looked at the word tutorial and I couldnt get the MainHUD to pull up anything I could edit. Thanks for your help!

mechtn
Once the uibuilder is loaded, new>open. Then open eq2ui.ini from your UI folder. To veiw the inventory,manhud ect.. click on its tab in the right window.( they run along the top).

I'll use mainhud for an example,

Click on the mainhud tab in the right side window( view window). You are showen some of the windows in the main hud, the ones you can't see are eithre behind or set to visible=false. Now on the left window ( the tree view) exmand mainhud. Find target and expand it, then expand v0. With v0 highlighted doe insert>object>label. This will put new label( I think is the name) in the v0 tree. Find the font propertie and add /TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle, then find the propertie Text and enter 100, finaly find dynamic data and enter /gamedata.target.health.

You have just added a health read out to the simple con of the target window. You can drag it around and place it where ever

Happy modding..
Unread 12-15-2005, 05:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

This is usually people new to the program miss:

the little "eye" button on the left window, toggles a window's visiblity. It's next to the lock and +/- buttons.