EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-09-2005, 11:12 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Creeping List Text

ARG!!! These mods are ticking me off immensely today. So Sony broke both my store window and my market window. So rebuild both, however, I cannot get the quick search store button to send text to the market window. All I get is the market window to open, but no search occurs and it doesn't input the name of the selected item.

Additionally, i think I finally finished rebuilding the market window, however I have a minor problem that is agrivating me to no end. I have the creeping text problem (Zonx should know what I'm talking about). In the listing of market items when you click any item, the Price and Seller fields shift to the right until eventually they aren't there. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this (including trying to mirror pieces of code from Fetish Tradeskill after Zonx fixed the problem). I'm am really just getting frustrated out of my mind and would appreciate any help anyone is willing to provide.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_market.xml (25.3 KB, 258 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_store.xml (19.5 KB, 254 views)
Unread 11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I FINALLY fixed the problem with the market window and the creeping text. Now does anyone have any ideas why the store window won't pass data to the market window? I've tried duplicating the scripting for both Jaxal and Fetish, but neither scripting works. Any help would be great.
Unread 11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Parent.Parent.Parent.Market.TextItemName.LocalText

Should be

Parent.Parent.Parent.Market.SearchPage.TextItemName.LocalText

Thats the correct path but it still wont pass the info on, I think its somthing to do with the Qm_Selection not not working correctly or rather the elements that referance it.....

Basicly I dont think that any "LocalText" is getting picked up to actualy pass onto the market window ...... Hence the path problem above but like I say it turns out that, that dont fix it either /shrug
Unread 11-10-2005, 10:51 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Thanks for the reply. I did fix the code however you are saying that SOE broke the underlying mechanic behind the code and we're going to have to wait till they fix it? (What's new!?!)
Unread 11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil
Thanks for the reply. I did fix the code however you are saying that SOE broke the underlying mechanic behind the code and we're going to have to wait till they fix it? (What's new!?!)
I have notice some things that use to have localtext no longer have that propertie, so that may be it.. That marker search code has alwasy made my head hurt, and I just reskinned someone elses hard work and put a not of think in my update post ..
Unread 11-12-2005, 03:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil
You are assuming they didn't break this functionality on purpose
Unread 11-12-2005, 12:28 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I ended up figuring it out. Between a bit of help from other modders, examining the Fetish Store code and figuring out how the initial market window is setup. Please see the following forum if you want to know more:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4735
Unread 11-12-2005, 12:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

Would you mind posting what it was that caused the creeping text and how you fixed it?
Unread 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Hehe, I fiddled w/ so many settings it's hard to pin down exactly what I did to fix it. But I believe it had something to do with first changing the PackLocation to "left,top" for the price and seller columns. Then changing the PackLocationProp to match the Location tag on the same lines. Then I also changed the PackSize on both to "f,f" to fix their size. Since I was doing a lot of that all at the same time I'm not sure the exact fix, however it could all add up... or maybe I just got lucky

Anyhow, here is the file if you want to examine those lines, look specifically for the section noted as ScrollPage (Results Rows):
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_market.xml (25.3 KB, 234 views)