Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-03-2004, 04:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via AIM to Humudce
Default Both XP Bars with Zone, Class/Level, XP % and Death Debt%

Experience Bar with both Adventure, and Tradeskill XP, Adventure Class and Level, Artisian Class and Level, Your Current Zone, % into Level, and % of Death Debt. This is an expansion on some of the other Experience Bar's available here. I also noticed when making my changes to this mod, that the Adventure Class was not completely showing on longer names such as Enchanter and Shadownight, I have fixed this by making the text area larger.

Update [12/2/2004]Fixed this Mod to correctly indicate the Sub-Class for Both Adventure and Artisan Classes. Was still showing Warrior, or Cleric, etc. after Level 20. This is not fixed to reflect the correct Sub-class.

Last edited by Humudce : 12-03-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Unread 12-09-2004, 08:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

i love this xp display more than any other i have tried but i am a jewler now and it still says scholar

what's the label name for artisan sub-class so i can fix this?

or if you fix it i'll just download the updated xp bar...also looking forward to having the decimal places for adv. xp and the percentage of tradeskill xp listed

thanks for the xp bar.

**EDIT** n/m i'm a dumbass...i see that you've already fixed the problem...dowloading the new one

Last edited by romac : 12-09-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 12-09-2004, 02:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by romac
...also looking forward to having the decimal places for adv. xp and the percentage of tradeskill xp listed
Thank You for the complements, the latest version available here on EQ2Interface should have resolved the Scholar / Jeweler issue. If it does not fix the Scholar / Jeweler issue please let me know.

As for the Decimal Places in the XP% and Death% that is something Sony will have to implement in the Game. Currently the Dynamic Data rounds the numbers and does not show the Decimal places. I am also hoping one day they will fix the Dynamic Data call out for the Percentage of Tradeskill XP.
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:20 PM
A Griffon

I am looking at the Tablets II Beta 3 UI to see how the Decimal Point is working so I can modify my Bars accordingly

Testing the decimal point XP now, if it works OK I will update the UI's tonight.

Last edited by Humudce : 12-09-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Unread 12-10-2004, 06:07 AM
A Griffon

Thanks to the Author of the Tablets II Beta 3, I have made the modifications to my file, and will be uploading a New Interface Piece that will contain the Decimal Point.

After speaking with alot of people I think that I should keep this version for those that do not want the Decimal Point.

Please look for the New Download that contains the Decimal Point, as soon as it is approved and available here.
Unread 12-10-2004, 03:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I really like this mod. First one to get me off my lazy butt and actually apply. Just had a trivial bug report. Please don't take this the wrong way (I will continue to use it if there is no update).

I noticed today that the decimel version of this mod works fine for 2 of my characters. However, my third character just went up a level. He is currently at 0.3% of a level. The mod shows an extra % sign. So I now see 0%.3%. I suspect it is due to the centering and the "0" only being a single digit, probably like that until 10 percent into the level when ya get the second digit.
Unread 12-10-2004, 04:38 PM
A Griffon

Oooh Very Nice find, I'll see what I can do to fix it.
Hopefully have an update by Monday if I can.
Unread 12-10-2004, 06:22 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Great work Humudce!

I downloaded and installed this late last night and it is exactly what i was looking for

I look forward to more work from you!

Juravael
18 Predator
Antonia Bayle
Unread 12-10-2004, 09:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

If you are using this mod and you disable combat XP, you cannot re-enable combat XP.

I had to remove my mods, remove my character ui settings, log in, enable combat xp (as the default UI was in effect), then log out, reapply all my mods, log in, keep playing.

(i'm using the mod without the decimal point)

Other than that i think this is a marvellous mod!
Unread 12-10-2004, 09:57 PM
A Griffon

I saw something like that also, but found when, I disabled Combat XP it did not show the Combat Expierence Disabled Message until I zoned to another zone. It also appears that once you see the Combat XP Disabled Message it will not clear off the Screen althought it has been re-enabled, until you zone. I have not had to go to the extent you did to get things working again. I also have duplicated this bug on the Default UI on my system and the code I'm using for the Combat XP Disabled is the same code from the Default UI. But I will keep an eye on this. And see if there is anything I can do to fix it on my end.
Unread 12-11-2004, 02:15 PM
A Griffon

I have also been investigating an issue where you are 0% into Level and the XP shows 0%.0%. I've been working with the Tablets II Beta 2 all night. And the author appeared to fix that issue using the Pack Location and Pack Size commands, but I found if the XP goes above 100% such as Getting all the way through Level 6 and needing Citizenship at Level 7 the 121% into Level get's cut off.
Unread 12-12-2004, 01:34 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullydavid
I really like this mod. First one to get me off my lazy butt and actually apply. Just had a trivial bug report. Please don't take this the wrong way (I will continue to use it if there is no update).

I noticed today that the decimel version of this mod works fine for 2 of my characters. However, my third character just went up a level. He is currently at 0.3% of a level. The mod shows an extra % sign. So I now see 0%.3%. I suspect it is due to the centering and the "0" only being a single digit, probably like that until 10 percent into the level when ya get the second digit.
I have made an update that is being uploaded on the Evening of 12/11/2004. I was working on fixing and updating my other UI's and made an adjustment to the way I display the Adventure XP xxx.xx%, this update should fix the 0%.03% error you have found (many thanks to Talyns the author of Tablets II beta for showing me the way to do it), and to the Area that displays the Debt XP%. To test the UI Completely I used a character that was 124% into Level and 203% Death Debt to ensure that it will display properly. Thanks for finding that bug and one you have downloaded the new version, it should all be fixed. Please keep me informed if you all see any more bugs in this mod. I want it to be right and useful.
Thanks,
Humudce
Unread 12-13-2004, 06:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Works like a champ, thanks for the quick response.

Last edited by sullydavid : 12-13-2004 at 06:30 AM.
Unread 12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally posted by gaarder
There is a huge bug in your mod.

The numbers after the decimal points are not real exp values, they are just readings off the blue gauge.

Since the blue gauge is the maximized version of 1/10 of the yellow gauge, its first digit will always be the same as the last digit of the reading off yellow gauge.

In other words, 12.25% in the display represents 12.5% exp
34.42% represents 34.2%.

So it seems that you can only archieve the precision of 1 decimal point instead of two. Can you fix the mod and get rid of this faulty display?
Uploading the 1 Decimal Point Precision Versions as we speak. That should fix the issues found with the 2 Decimal Point not reading accurately. New version should be available as soon as they are approved.
Unread 12-15-2004, 05:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Would it be possible to add the % at the end to the crafting xp bar?
Unread 12-15-2004, 06:19 PM
A Griffon

Yes it is possible but right now the Tradeskill XP % is bugged, and not displaying correctly. As soon as that bug is fixed I will add that feature.

Please see this thread....
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535

Last edited by Humudce : 12-19-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 05:27 PM
A Griffon

Default Big Patch Issues

Quote:
Originally posted by elderleaf
After the patch on 01/06/05 the debt no longer works properly, it is always a neg number equal to the whole number percentage of your xp.
I know this is an issue now. I saw the problem on Test Server, and since it's a change on the Server Side and not the Client Side, I am not sure how I am going to be able to fix this issue. SoE Changed the code on the server to more accurately display the actual Death Debt you have. To do this they have made the Death Debt follow your Adventure XP as a Negative Number equal to your XP so that when you have 3% Death debt it shows as 3% and not your Current XP% plus the 3% as it did before.

Possible solutions to this issue are welcome, and I am aware of the situation. One possible solution I have right now is to remove the Death Debt XP from the UI Mod. What would everyone like to see? Are you all OK with the -% or should I remove the death debt completely.... I am here for all of those players using my interface, what would you all like to see? Please feedback here or on the Message Boards.
Unread 01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Is there a way to add a line of code that states:

If XP Debt <=0% then set xp debt to 0%. Also add,
If XP Debt >0% then set xp debt to xpdebt%.

Not sure if you can do this, but maybe a checkwum like this can be added?
Unread 01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It's not totally broken.

Playing my (weakling) mage earlier, I had both percentages showing my current experience level, but alas, he died. Once that happened, the xp debt portion showed JUST the percentage of my debt, 14% before getting shard, and 4% afterwards.
Unread 01-06-2005, 07:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yes it displays fine unless you have no debt. If you have no debt, it just shows your current xp % with a negative sign. At least that's how I'm interpreting this.
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Correct this is why I suggested a check point to display the XP debt. With no debt, it shows a -%, maybe a check would format the -% to show just 0%. This is all I was getting at. Othen the Zero Debt (negative thingy) the Debt works well.

I personally like this UI mod and hope it can be fixed.
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:11 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

No way to do if statements that we know of yet..
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

First off, I love your mod. I have been using it for a couple weeks now, and it's such a big help.

I like being able to see the debt percentage, so I hope you don't remove it due to this bug. I do consider it a bug on the part of SOE - judging by their poor record for actually fixing bugs, I don't expect that it will ever be resolved, but who knows.

I've heard that math calculations can be done in xml; what about adding the debt and the current xp, and if that equals 0, then set the debt percentage text to non-visible. Otherwise, show the debt percentage. This way you work around the current bug, and also you aren't showing a useless 0% debt.

On another note, any chance they fixed the tradeskill xp percentage callouts? I'd love to see those on this mod as well..
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:50 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

Another idea - since apparently if statements are not possible, you could simply add the current xp and the debt together, and display that value. Thus restoring functionality back to pre-patch display.
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:12 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Najena
Default Big Patch

The debt now shows negative number if you have no debt.

Lets say you have 35% exp into the level. The red debt percent shows -35%

Big Patch makes work for EQ2Interface...=)