EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 01-13-2009, 11:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Feedback - All in one

I don't feel its ready for public testing, but it works perfectly fine so far. Its an all in one window that combines the Raid, Group and player window with all the functionality of each. Looking for a little feedback since its almost done.

Little information! It fills up the groups from the bottom up, and if you change groups it will automatically adjust everything.
Unread 01-14-2009, 12:35 AM
A Griffon

Figured it was a toss up which section!! since its not really a "concept" its working and I'm using it atm. Sorry I posted it in the wrong area.
Unread 01-14-2009, 12:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I think it's pretty unambiguous:

Quote:
Beta
Authors/Developers post an official thread about your beta interface to get users feedback and to allow them to test it and report bugs. All beta interfaces posted here must have files available for download.
But nvm. Apart from that your layout looks good. Did you manage to get raid drag'n'drop functionality with that? Only thing I noticed from the screenshots is that the group/player window part may be missing the class/level indicators that you have on the raid window part.
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:13 AM
A Griffon

It has everything that each window has including raid drag and drop functionality, as far as the level I never liked seeing the level on my group window But its something to think about. Only real reason I show the level on other members so I can see de-levels easy in other groups.

Not gonna really argue about the miss placed post because, well I posted in the wrong place nothing else to say
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:45 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I like the idea. It took me a few seconds for my brain to kick in reading the "format". I think I'm functioning a little slow tonight

Only cause I'm used to seeing the raid groups go top to bottom, and then having the group go across in 2 rows threw me off. (of course when I first looked at it I couldn't figure out where the 4th raid group was, LOL) But I could definitely see it working and be nice.

Anyhow, I wanted to say: Nice job on combining a group+raid window. Never thought of this idea myself.
I like the hovering levels over class icons. I think it might look better with modified icons -- have them squares instead of diamonds, if you follow me. Just a thought, I might like to try it out myself to see if it works visually.

Question: do class icons not work with the group portion?
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:56 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Only cause I'm used to seeing the raid groups go top to bottom, and then having the group go across in 2 rows threw me off. (of course when I first looked at it I couldn't figure out where the 4th raid group was, LOL) But I could definitely see it working and be nice.

Anyhow, I wanted to say: Nice job on combining a group+raid window. Never thought of this idea myself.
I like the hovering levels over class icons. I think it might look better with modified icons -- have them squares instead of diamonds, if you follow me. Just a thought, I might like to try it out myself to see if it works visually.

Question: do class icons not work with the group portion?
Do you have an example of some modifyed icons?
Class Icons work fine but seemed personally unnecessary for your group.