EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-27-2011, 09:47 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default AoD updates...

Heya. I am currently playing on the Beta server and, without breaking the NDA, all I want to say is that there are quite a few changes that will need to be implemented.

Is somebody that maintains profitui currently playing on Beta?
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Nope. Have not received an invite this time.

Silat
Unread 11-27-2011, 04:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

That's a damn shame. ProfitUI and Drums' owners shouldve been on the first batch. If SoE can't build as good a UI as these guys, they should at least let you in early to fix all their garbage. /smh
Unread 11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdec518 View Post
That's a damn shame. ProfitUI and Drums' owners shouldve been on the first batch. If SoE can't build as good a UI as these guys, they should at least let you in early to fix all their garbage. /smh
Yes for Sure I'd secioond that least profit adds a skin colour to what is posible to make the hard to see and EYE ache less a problem somethig that SOE just can not fathom ,,, or does not wish to attempt to try to improve the screen look
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I usually get my beta invite a day or two before launch day
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:36 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Cool

I'm to the point right now if either one of you need access for updating Profit or Drums just PM me.
I will explain more detail as/if needed.
Also, I'm highly surprised you where not already invited just for helping keep UI updated.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

New expansion comes out on December 6th. I am curious if the update to the game launcher happening on Nov 30th will break the Profit UI log-in screens. I hope not.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I am disappointed but not very surprised that the UI maintainers did not get invitations. There is a small 'friends and family' pool that gets in on the first day of any beta. It is not easy group to get into, and members are selected largely by a history of a massive and sustained presence on Test server, generation of significant content in a major fan site, or anything else on that scale. Everyone else is supposedly chosen at random from the pool of applicants.

For the record, I am not in the 'friends and family' group although my work this round *might* get me there. We'll see. In the meantime, I am exercising such influence as I do have to get the maintainers of major UI packages some assurance that they will get into future betas, even if not on the first round. The argument is simple: these people provide SOE with value-added content that SOE doesn't have to pay for, so they should be in the betas. I certainly heard from enough people who wanted to know if Profit was being tested.

But AoD launches in a week, so I am winding down my work in this beta. Looks like our real opportunity to update Profit for AoD will happen next Tuesday.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

They stated in the webcast that they are letting everyone who applied to beta in by the end of the week. So we will get a little bit to fix/patch our UI's.

Silat
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:34 AM
A Griffon

That's good news. I didn't watch the webcast, so I missed that.
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Butcherblock

The only people that were in closed beta were Fan Faire attendees and close friends/family. The "faux" Beta just started recently, and the "real" Beta will start on the 6th--just like last time. But I'm surprised the faux beta didn't start earlier. Oh wait, no I'm not since this isn't a real expac.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrel View Post
The only people that were in closed beta were Fan Faire attendees and close friends/family.
That is not true. I was selected randomly for the beta on one of my accounts. I signed them all up and my least used account was selected. I have never been to Fan Faire or even filled a single petition on that account.
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Is there an ETA on the update? Please don't think I'm trying to rush it. I don't get off work for another 8 hrs, and I'm just curious.
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
A Griffon

We have patched files. Just not sure when the boss will have a chance to post a link. I'm running with the patched stuff now.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-07-2011, 03:54 PM
A Sea Turtle

Can you archive them and upload them somewhere so we can fix our files in the meantime?
Unread 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

I am missing the tabs in the persona window. Also...maybe related...in the housing leaderboards I can't see any categories, but that has been missing since before aod. The only file that is on the ignore list is the threat meter. I don't know what to do to fix it.

EDIT: nvm figured out it is because of this: [DragowulfUI] Enhanced T.King Undead Gothic Skin {ProfitUI Compatible}

Last edited by wickedss : 12-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dernia View Post
Is there an ETA on the update? Please don't think I'm trying to rush it. I don't get off work for another 8 hrs, and I'm just curious.
They were up on the auto updater before this post was posted.

Silat
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:44 PM
A Brown Bear

ATM it seems we are missing the tabs in persona (small version) to show warders for the beastlord class and to show the Merc info. My little Beastlord can't see his pet's abilities until that is created.

(Edited to reflect that it is only the Small variant of the persona window that has yet to be updated.)

Last edited by Bordd : 12-07-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:26 PM
A Griffon

Did you have a warder summoned when you looked? It seems the tab isn't there unless you have an active warder.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordd View Post
ATM it seems we are missing a tab in persona to show warders for the beastlord class. My little Beastlord can't see his pet's abilities until that is created.
If you are using the small variant of the persona window it is not updated for AoD yet as I got into beta late and have been working overnights every day since I did get in. I will get it updated as it is my personal preference but it will take a little while. If you are using the default or large persona window variant you should see the warder tab if you have a warder up. If you use /loadui you will not see the tab until you zone.

Silat
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:42 PM
A Griffon

I just checked to make sure I knew what I was talking about. I had the default persona window and verified that the Warders tab was there. Also dismissed the warder to see if the tab stayed or went, and discovered that it stayed.

Also: they either changed the tab order in the default UI or Profit displays it differently. The warder tab was originally at the bottom of the tab list and appeared only when a warder was active. It now appears farther up next to the Mercenaries tab, and seems to be persistent.

Blargh. And I thought automatic transmissions were complicated....

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

They might have changed it after I added the feature to profit....I remember it workind as you do therendil.

Silat
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:26 AM
A Griffon

I'll try to remember to check with the default UI on someone. I would not be surprised if it had changed.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:08 AM
A Sea Turtle

The "Dungeons" Tab in the persona window does display any dungeons. I tried restoring and even replacing the UI file with the Default one, still doesnt display. However.. Loading the Default UI works fine.
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noviets View Post
The "Dungeons" Tab in the persona window does display any dungeons. I tried restoring and even replacing the UI file with the Default one, still doesnt display. However.. Loading the Default UI works fine.
Will look into it.

Silat

Edit: Looked into it. I see the dungeon I created in the dungeon tab. If you use loadui make sure you zone first or alot of stuff will not work quite right. If you mean other peoples dungeons you view those through the eq2 button.

If anyone else does not see their own dungeons there let me know.

Last edited by TalTal : 12-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.