EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 04-21-2008, 03:59 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Crushbone
Default Group member archetype icons bugged

With the release that came out yesterday, the icons that show the archetype of each group member are bugged for me. No matter who I group with, he is designated a priest by this icon. I haven't yet tried grouping with multiple people under this release, so I can't be sure how it would designate additional group members, but I imagine the bug would exist in similar form for them.
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Ok, to clarify, out of the 5 other group members listed in the group window, the first is being labeled a priest and the second a scout and the third, fourth, and fifth are getting no label at all.
Unread 04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

MacDaddy62 are all the reports you made fixed with the last release?
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:35 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Whoa, sorry for slow response. Everything's fixed as of the 4/27 build except the raid click2cast buttons, which still usually give me the sort of error message I cite in my post on the matter (sometimes it works, it's spotty). Also, I'd really like there to be some way to toggle off the raid click2cast buttons, as right now their presence makes it difficult to target someone using the raid window and extremely difficult to move people between groups as the raid leader, which I often am. Thanks a lot for the fixes so far.
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy62 View Post
Whoa, sorry for slow response. Everything's fixed as of the 4/27 build except the raid click2cast buttons, which still usually give me the sort of error message I cite in my post on the matter (sometimes it works, it's spotty). Also, I'd really like there to be some way to toggle off the raid click2cast buttons, as right now their presence makes it difficult to target someone using the raid window and extremely difficult to move people between groups as the raid leader, which I often am. Thanks a lot for the fixes so far.
Ok I'll focus on the raid window and better placement of the cast and cure buttons.
Unread 04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Umm actually I was just in a group that improperly labeled a templar as a scout and a monk as a mage according to the archetype icons, so that's not completely fixed yet. The templar was in the 1st slot of the group window and the monk was in the 5th (last) slot.

Last edited by MacDaddy62 : 04-30-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Unread 05-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Umm actually I was just in a group that improperly labeled a templar as a scout and a monk as a mage according to the archetype icons, so that's not completely fixed yet. The templar was in the 1st slot of the group window and the monk was in the 5th (last) slot.
Ok found where I had templar incorrectly labled as a scout and troubador labeld as a priest but could not find any error in the monk subclass conversion.

I've included a fix in the below zip that will correct these errors until I get out a new complete version. Just extract the zip into your eXtermeUI's directory overwriting the current file with the new one.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-26-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Unread 05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

I actually noticed this mislabeling issue happening frequently and with a variety of classes while I was raiding last night. I think part of the problem may be that the archetype icons aren't really good about updating themselves, as group switches were, I think, throwing them off, but it's hard for me to be sure, as I was paying more attention to leading the raid and killing the avatar and Trakanon. I'll try to give some better feedback based on the VP raid tonight. I have installed your new file.
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

You do have to hover over the group window to get them to configure. If you add, remove are move people in the group a rehover is needed. The reason for this is, SOE makes a members section visible before the actual member data is there. So using an OnShow event doesn't work.
Unread 05-01-2008, 05:23 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Oh yea, I know that. I want to see how it works tonight in VP with the new file.
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Here try out this New raid window while your there..

Unread 05-02-2008, 01:29 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Bah, you were too late on the raid window. =/ My raids start at 8 eastern on weekdays. I'll install the new window now.

But yea, my experiences in VP tonight were consistent with my expectations. When the groups were first formed up, everyone was labeled correctly, but after I started switching people around, people started getting the wrong archetype labels sometimes. I'm pretty sure what was happening was that they were keeping the icon of the previous person to hold that spot in the group window, and hovering over the group window wasn't fixing it. I think the icons were updating properly sometimes, but it was really spotty.
Unread 05-02-2008, 03:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
But yea, my experiences in VP tonight were consistent with my expectations. When the groups were first formed up, everyone was labeled correctly, but after I started switching people around, people started getting the wrong archetype labels sometimes. I'm pretty sure what was happening was that they were keeping the icon of the previous person to hold that spot in the group window, and hovering over the group window wasn't fixing it. I think the icons were updating properly sometimes, but it was really spotty.
Thats what I was seeing the other day also. Its like the game isn't updating the dynamicdata. I have one more thing for you to try before I send off a bug report. Try the attached group window file out and let me know how it behaves.

Unread 05-03-2008, 03:53 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Fyi I won't really be able to test this out until tomorrow night.
Unread 05-04-2008, 06:37 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

I'm definitely still seeing the same issue. The last spot in my group window is stuck on fighter atm even though it's being held by an assassin.
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
I'm definitely still seeing the same issue. The last spot in my group window is stuck on fighter atm even though it's being held by an assassin.
Yup, seen the same thing. That is SOE not repopulating the group dynamic data when a group as been altered via the raid leader. It seems only the hard coded objects are being repopulated when the raid leader switches members around. We defiantly need to bug this isssue.
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:22 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Yup, seen the same thing. That is SOE not repopulating the group dynamic data when a group as been altered via the raid leader. It seems only the hard coded objects are being repopulated when the raid leader switches members around. We defiantly need to bug this isssue.
Might be only the archetype DD, since my UI shows the subclass DD and I never noticed an issue with that.
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Might be only the archetype DD, since my UI shows the subclass DD and I never noticed an issue with that.
I do to because I use the class detection script to cover all languages. The only deference is; your class object is directly owned by MemberInfoPage and mine is in a sub page. Maybe its only repopulating objects that are directly owned by MemberInfoPage.

Its so hard testing this bug, finding people to make a mini raid.. grrr lol
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
The only deference is; your class object is directly owned by MemberInfoPage and mine is in a sub page. Maybe its only repopulating objects that are directly owned by MemberInfoPage.
That would be really strange. The other possible explanation is that I (and everybody else using ProfitUI) never really paid attention to this, but that's somewhat unlikely as well, unless the bug was only introduced recently.

For testing just invite guildies with nothing better to do, like tradeskillers.