EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Am looking for a graphic artist...

I can code the mods, but quite frankly I suck at graphics.

I am currently seeking a graphic artist to help with 2 projects

1) Fixing a eq1 TGA into a workable DDS format, so i can make a EQ2 version of the mod, ( i have tried converting the file myself, but I loose the bottom graphic of the 2 ).

2) creating a new graphic from scratch. am looking to a headstone, granite, curved, maybe a little grass at the bottom, maybe a vase and a couple of flowers on one side. this would be used as a backdrop for the death/revive screen, something along the lines of the death screen from "Rogue".

I have included the TGA file i need fixed if anyone wants to take a shot at it.

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip bubbles.zip (35.6 KB, 410 views)
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:20 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I would LOVE to take a look at it !! not much on the scripting and coding, but i can do graphics in my sleep :P

Just wanta make sure what you want. How would you like the Bubbles fixed up to look like? Kinda rainbow/oil spil looking?

and for the grave stone Death Screan you want done NO PROBLEM.! i even want this for myself when it's complete :P

VIEW MY ARTWORK... ORDER A SIGNATURE TAG
http://aprilmaeshowers.tripod.com/

Last edited by aprilmaeshowers : 04-28-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Unread 04-28-2005, 09:37 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default bubbles

Am looking to remake the breath bar, the breathbubbles.tga that i snagged from the eq1 side of this site, has dual graphics, one plain grey, and one blue neon, the grey was ment to be the background with the blue neon the "fill" for the progress bar.

the problem I have run into is I have one graphics viewing program (Brennig's) that sees both versions of the image in the TGA file, yet when I try and use PSP7 to convert from tga to dds, it only shows the neon bubbles, not the grey version, and when I try and code it into the xml ( as TGA or DDS), the interface does not see the grey version. I can only assume its a layering issue or something, as my graphics knowledge is very limited.

dont let me limit you on creativity, I have seen your website....wow... basically I am shooting for a breathing bar represented buy Air Bubbles, needs 2 versions of any graphic you may come up with ( both can be on same .dds file), one foreground version that will diminish from right to left, and one background shadow version that will stay in place as the brighter top receeds, kind of a place holder or scale marker.
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:20 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

OK well i tried the same thing in Photoshop 7, i have the .dds converter plugins and it does the same thing for me. The bottom bubbles don't show up at all. I don't know what else to do, i'm kinda new to this my self BUT, i'm working on the grave stone pic atm. Just had a question.."Can i use a sceanery from the game as the background for the tomb stone , or do you want it on a black back ground? Or would it be alright if i just doctor up some picts from the Graveyard near Freeport?

and if you could please post a copy of the default death screan so i know what dimensions to work with and where the buttons go, i don't know how to view the on in the html in the default folder

VIEW MY ARTWORK... ORDER A SIGNATURE TAG
http://aprilmaeshowers.tripod.com/

Last edited by aprilmaeshowers : 04-28-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:09 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Diabolist did you look at the alpha channel? I did a straight save to DDS and even though the image wasnt in the RGB range, it showed in the alpha. I have two images because i took two approaches. Will post when I get them cleaned up.

The second one doesnt show up in RGB but the alpha channel regulates the visiblitiy of it (shows up as grey in alpha.) Sad part is you wont be able to see it in UI builder, but you will in game. Hrmph.
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Got rid of the background in #2 so you should be able to see the gfx fine now. lemme know if you cant
Unread 04-28-2005, 04:54 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default Thanks DC

will give it a try.

In the mean time here is the temporary dds i made for sizing and placement of the death window.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tombstone.zip (141.2 KB, 387 views)