EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 06-10-2005, 03:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problem with POIs not showing

Hi folks.

In advance, thanks for your time reading this and I hope someone can help me.

With the new update to the journal, my previous custom journal UI stopped working. So, I went to disable it and in the process discovered that I had inadvertently installed eq2map into the customer journal directory when I had originally installed it.

Obviously, this was going to cause me a problem in disabling the journal UI, because then eq2map would probably not work. So, after a bit of screwing around, I uninstalled eq2map, removed the eq2map directories from the journal UI directory, and started over.

I now have UI\JournalUI and UI\eq2map. On re-installing eq2map using the installer, I selected the correct directory this time and the install worked fine. I ran the updater and all the map content downloaded properly. I checked my eq2.ini file and removed the JournalUI reference, but noted there was no equivalen eq2map reference (I think this is because the JournalUI reference would already have caused it to be included properly). So I changed my .ini file to the following:

cl_ui_skinname eq2map
cl_ui_subdir UI/eq2map

I have tried the following "clu_ui_subdir" paths to try and get it to work, to no avail:

UI/eq2map/
UI/eq2map/eq2map/
UI/eq2map/eq2map

None work. I am obviously doing something wrong and wonder if anyone can possibly provide some insight. It's probably an obvious thing, but I'm lost.

If you need any other information to help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Valdyn.
Unread 06-10-2005, 09:17 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

you have the eq2.ini all jacked up. just delete it and open the updater, it will create one that is formatted correctly. once its open just click stop and go to the options window and select the directory you want. it will change eq2.ini for you. then just start the update again and it will update to the right folder and everything will work fine and eq2.ini wont have all kinds of wierd stuff that you have added to it and it will actually work