EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Patch Notes

Unread 01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Default [Live] Update Notes: Wednesday January 20, 2010(0)

GENERAL
  • We have taken a look at the experience required to gain levels and made some adjustments. Leveling from 1-65 will still require the same overall amount of experience, but the experience required at certain levels has changed. There were certain levels that required much more experience than others, but now the progression should be much steadier. Leveling to 65-75 should be a bit faster now for two reasons. The first is that required experience was lowered some. The second is that quests should give slightly more experience in this range now.

More...
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Didn't they "smooth" out XP gains across these level not too long ago? And wow another xp lower? Geez

I'm really not against leveling up fast though. I think in the end it gets more players into the action and all. Though flying through content makes it.... stand out less I suppose. I leveled pretty slow over the years I've played and I enjoyed the game. I guess once slow was enough for me
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Didn't they "smooth" out XP gains across these level not too long ago? And wow another xp lower? Geez

I'm really not against leveling up fast though. I think in the end it gets more players into the action and all. Though flying through content makes it.... stand out less I suppose. I leveled pretty slow over the years I've played and I enjoyed the game. I guess once slow was enough for me
It's really not surprising, imho. New expansion that's pretty much just ~80+ combined with new starting city and new advertising push = lets make it easier for those new folks to get to 80 to buy SF.
Unread 01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

There's another new city? I wonder if they will finally add "Home City" to the game data.
Unread 01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF7666 View Post
There's another new city? I wonder if they will finally add "Home City" to the game data.
Yeah, isn't Halas supposed to come out with GU55?

It's also worth pointing out that the total xp to level 80 was unchanged, they just redistributed some of the critical amounts that define a level. That and made some quests give out a bit of xp. The range that they changed was kind of a dry spot, so even if it's timed to get folks in and playing before SF it's not all that bad a change.
Unread 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
It's also worth pointing out that the total xp to level 80 was unchanged, they just redistributed some of the critical amounts that define a level. That and made some quests give out a bit of xp. The range that they changed was kind of a dry spot, so even if it's timed to get folks in and playing before SF it's not all that bad a change.
From what I'm reading above 1-65 was unchanged in total, but the next sentence:

Quote:
The first is that required experience was lowered some.
Is what I meant about them lowering xp to level. I'm sure it's not much either way. And yeah updating quest xp will make it appear to be quicker. Figures as I just quested out an alt in RoK
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Figures as I just quested out an alt in RoK
Same, lol. Finished getting my warlock to 80 last week.
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

My alt conj went from 40% into 77 to 4% into 78. Very nice!