EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Just wanted to add in some big thanks to your work as well gm9.

You've made my 2½ last year (out of 3) of playing a lot more pleasant. Hope (and think) we have enough knowledge and drive to keep it running as long as the game lives on, cause without this ui, at least I wouldn't stand playing this game for a long time I'm sure.

Big thanks once again and I hope you've enjoyed driving it as much as we all have enjoyed the result.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
If you are serious send me a PM about it, 500 bucks would probably buy you my time, lol.
I would be willing to donate some cash to keep GM9 working on this awesome UI.. and I do appreciate all you have done with Profit UI. You revived it and brought it to the next 2 levels.. Great work.. hate to see you go :-(

SoE should make this UI the default
Unread 05-13-2009, 01:53 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Wow...thank you.

I have used Profit off an on and tried using different ones over the years and I just cant seem to find either a combination, or just one UI that cant top Profit for just flat out awesomeness!!! I cant tell you enough how grateful I am that you took the time out of your life to help amplify the enjoyment of this game for complete strangers. I thank you very much...Good luck and I hope all goes more than well...

Love, Peace and chicken grease...I'm out

Bumrush - Unrest
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just wanted to put my thanks in for profit it's all i have ever used. I hope whoever tries to keep it alive does as good a job as you. You will be missed.
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40 View Post
I would be willing to donate some cash to keep GM9 working on this awesome UI.. and I do appreciate all you have done with Profit UI. You revived it and brought it to the next 2 levels.. Great work.. hate to see you go :-(

SoE should make this UI the default

Make a pool and I will trow in some cash as well for sure..
Really can't see myself play the game without Profit
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

Sorry to see you go, GM9. Your work has been appreciated for quite some time and will be missed. I wish I could afford to offer anything to you, but my funds are tied up with my kids and wife back home while I am deployed.
Unread 05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
A Forest Scavenger

This is very sad news to hear. Huge thanks goes to you for keeping this going so strong. This is hands down the best UI out there so I hope someone plans to keep it up to date. Has anyone showed any interest in keeping this going?
Unread 05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Funding

Was GM9 serious about being willing to continue his work with this project if his work was funded at a higher level? Maybe we need an NPR style membership drive.

If everyone that has written a post in this thread donated $20.00 that should add up fairly nicely. I would be willing to match contributions up to $100.00. I don't think that anyone should work for free. I don't. We could do a membership drive maybe twice a year, and like NPR when the funds don't come in, work stops until they do. It reminds me how much I miss a show when it's not on. Just a thought.
Unread 05-22-2009, 02:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Think we only need 2 things now..

GM9 to make a choice about keeping it going for payment and to have aplace to put in the $$

What do you say GM9, would you consider it ??
Unread 05-22-2009, 03:56 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

After reading the first post my response to it was a face plant. I now have waffle face.

I hope someone takes over management of this UI. It's the only one i like. Once SOE does some huge interface change thats the end and I have to go back to default. I appreciate your work over the years you've been updating this UI and improving it. Whatever you do from here i bid you good will. I have been known to tinker with XML and mod interface pieces for EQ2, EQ1, Vanguard and SecondLife. However i doubt i could hold a match to ProfitUI or even older outdated UIs like thor (it is outdated right? seems like it). I would use jethals UI (kithicor forest) because its perdy, but I'm not sure how it would fair in a raid.

-Eschia Mousehold (80 Warden on Antonia Bayle)
Unread 05-25-2009, 11:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I hope GM9 will continue if we can get enough users to agree to pay something for it.

How about making it available only to those willing to pay for it and have GM9 get the contributions? That should add up nicely as I'd be willing to pay some cash to have access to it.

I can't imagine playing the game without it.

Unread 06-01-2009, 01:45 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The best suggestion i can think of is donations. He probably already does that though. Requesting a fee to update the UI or buy it wouldn't be very efficient, because it would encourage people to just pirate it, and the code is already made available. It can't be encrypted and still work either. It's a hard problem to face. :/
Unread 06-01-2009, 03:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i would like to thank you for the many years of hard work u gave us ...

the ui modding has lost a great person ( bum lick time ) ( and cow also lost out .. )

i wish you the very best for ur new targets in life and ty from a ex cow member

paininthe ( runnyeye)

ps u dont know me )
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:25 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Innovation
Default Thanks

Dear GM9,

Thanks from al the folks of the Innovation Server, who are using YOUR great work!

It makes me sad to read your retread!

Anyway the best wishes on your way's!

And Thanks for your GREAT work!

cincerly

ivenhoe