Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Bugs

Unread 03-27-2005, 09:28 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Scroll Page Select Highlighters

Several windows contain Scroll Pages that use a row template with a RowSelection image object. Merchant window is one example.

Although the highlighter is an image object, it appears these highlighters ignore image info. Providing an image style results in a nearly transparent highlight in game, even though the image shows in UIBuilder. The only visible properties seam to be foreground and background colors. BackgroundColor opacity settings work as expected. Forground Color nearly always produces a VERY transparent fill.

These highlight images also appear to change their layer order, often winding up above other row template objects, regardless of how they are ordered in UIBuilder.
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Several windows contain Scroll Pages that use a row template with a RowSelection image object. Merchant window is one example.

Although the highlighter is an image object, it appears these highlighters ignore image info. Providing an image style results in a nearly transparent highlight in game, even though the image shows in UIBuilder. The only visible properties seam to be foreground and background colors. BackgroundColor opacity settings work as expected. Forground Color nearly always produces a VERY transparent fill.

These highlight images also appear to change their layer order, often winding up above other row template objects, regardless of how they are ordered in UIBuilder.

I think you are smarter than 'I' from your post, and I've just begun to learn about this stuff, but one of the occasions that I've run into with things showing in UI Builder, but not in game was because I didn't have the .dds at the end of the source file location.
Everything looked fine in the UI Builder, but in game I would just get white boxes. Unless I put the .dds part on there.

The other thing I've run into that might be related is the transparency.
It seems that the included images files.. some have a black background, and some have the grey/tan type background, which both appear to be interpreted as transparent.
I'm a little confused on this. For example On my tracking window mod.
The frames of the filer buttons I wanted to retain a 'tint' of the color the button represetents.
As it is now.. I can make all the frames the color I want, EXCEPT the white con, buttons, and the grey con buttons.
The grey con is actually just a .200 transparency settings, and the white is interpreted as transparent all together.
On all the others, I can set the color of the frame image with no problem at all.

I'm sure that doesn't help, but it may be the same problem.
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:03 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

DDS transparency is set by the image's alpha channel. If an area in the alpha channel is black, that area is transparent regardless of the color in other layers. Greys in the alpha channel control transparency percentages. White would be solid.

I'm positive the image reference was correct since I was using an image style that works fine for other images.

What the various color settings are supposed to (and usually do) do is scale the red, green, and blue values for the source image.

Say you're source image has a yellow pixel in it that's 888800. That's 50% Red, 50% Green, 0% Blue. Setting the background color in UIBuilder to 50% grey (888888) cuts the source image color values in half. Your yellow becomes 444400, that's 25% Red, 25% Green, 0% Blue. Since the source image doesn't have any blue in it, no amount of blue coloring in UIBuilder will change how the image looks.

For objects that aren't containers, there doesn't appear to be any real diff between foreground and background color. Foreground color is just another color adjustment to the source image.

However, there is a big difference for containers. Background color only affects the object its applied to. Foreground color affects every object within the object its applied to. Slap a red foreground color on a page and everything inside the page goes red.

At any rate, it looks as though most of the scrollpage highlighters are hard coded to ignore most of our settings. In the Market window, the highlighter appears to have a fixed 50% opacity and ignores image style info. Similar issues with Store, Merchant, Tradeskills, prety much anywhere an image is used as a highlighter in a row template.