EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-07-2012, 12:44 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Ummmm... all default UI?

Woke up this morning and magically EQ is using the default UI instead of Profit.

So once I figured out for sure that was the problem, I checked eq2.ini. It only has:
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Logging in, everything is back to the default folder. I changed the loginscene xml file in the ui/default folder to a custom file and it changed on using everquest2.exe to login, so I'm pretty positive EQ2 is using the default folder.

Trying to fix things I did also download the update (the Easter updates I guess) that was available today, but I usually only patch when I am unable to login so it may have patched more. Anyway, no change to the default UI problem.

Someone in game said they had this issue when the ProfitUI folder somehow got hidden, but eq2.ini, UI. and ProfitUI are all not hidden.

I don't see anyone else having any issues like this, so I assume it's a corrupted file or something? I guess I'll try a complete file sync in the patcher.

What do I try beyond that? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

If you're using the desktop icon to enter the game, right-click on it and select Properties, and down on the bottom-left use the "Open File Location" button or take a close look at the "Target" and "Start in" fields. Make sure they're pointing to the folders you think your game's installed in. I've seen more than a few cases where there was a second copy of the game installed and someone was looking at one copy but running the other.
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
If you're using the desktop icon to enter the game, right-click on it and select Properties, and down on the bottom-left use the "Open File Location" button or take a close look at the "Target" and "Start in" fields. Make sure they're pointing to the folders you think your game's installed in. I've seen more than a few cases where there was a second copy of the game installed and someone was looking at one copy but running the other.
Thanks for the suggestion.

However, there is just one install. This PC recently was installed with EQ2 fresh (newer PC) and I'm running these tests while I'm having problems directly in explorer from EQ2.exe and Everquest2.exe. The icons also point to the same location.
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Also, installed DrumsUI and that's working okay from that directory. Might try a fresh install of Profit (hate to recustomize everything). Nothing else to do though.
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCC View Post
This PC recently was installed with EQ2 fresh (newer PC) and I'm running these tests while I'm having problems directly in explorer from EQ2.exe and Everquest2.exe. The icons also point to the same location.
There's something odd there, because the current game doesn't start from EQ2.exe, it starts from LaunchPad.exe. I don't think that's the cause, but it's an anomaly. The other thing is to make sure UI\ProfitUI is OK. Try opening UI\ProfitUI\_ProfitUI_Settings_GroupWindow.txt in Notepad, add a space and then backspace to remove it and save the file, and see if there's any problems saving it.

If that doesn't work, try deleting everything in UI/ProfitUI and then running the ProfitUI updater (and the EQ2Map updater if you use it) to force a reload of everything. You won't lose your window positions or anything, but you'll get a clean copy of Profit and EQ2Map. If there's any kind of file corruption causing a problem, that should clear it up.

If that fails, look in your game installation folder for a file called ui.log and post it. That might have some error messages in it.
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Ahhhh, found it.

Thanks for the ui.log tip. I had quickly saved _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt when I shut down my PC last night, and didn't realize there were some edits that messed up the parsing (a quote within quotes).

Ui.log pointed me to that file as being the parsing error, which kept _ProfitUI_Persona_Settings.xml from finshing loading, and somehow that causes EQ to revert to the default UI.

Removed the edit, saved and everything is back. Thanks for the help! I need to remember that trick.
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:00 PM
A Griffon

The _ProfitUI_Persona_Settings.xml error won't keep ProfitUI from loading, but the quick-raid buttons error might.

I noticed the persona settings error checking my own logs, turns out it's an obsolete file that didn't get the line to load it removed. I'm going to fix that and upload the fix to the updater later today.