EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 07-26-2008, 03:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Avoidance Percent (dynamic data)

As far as I know and can see, there is no dynamic data for total Avoidance percentage. There is the avoidance number, and the percentages for each invididual percent (see attached screenshot).

My first thought was to just add these percents together, and code it up specially in the UI, but this does not equal the actual avoidance percentage. So, there's a problem with that. Currently we can display mitigation numbers and percent, but only the avoidance number. Could this be added?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avoidance_percents.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	6482  
Unread 07-26-2008, 04:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Interesting. I don't have any tanks so I never noticed.
Unread 07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

they don't add, because each is a separate check - the total avoidance is the chance that one of your avoidance methods will kick in on any given attack. the way to find it is to calculate the inverse, that is, the chance that all avoidance chances fail, then subtract it from 100%

total avoidance = 1 - ( (1 - base) * (1 - block) * (1 - parry) * (1 - deflection) )

in your example:
total avoidance = 1 - ( (1 - 0.238) * (1 - 0.174) * (1 - 0.080) * (1 - 0) ) = 0.42094096 rounds to 0.421
Unread 07-27-2008, 02:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Nice. Guess I should have checked it that way, too.

The problem still remains, however. The dynamic data includes a % sign in it, and there is no way to subtract or add the data together in the UI.
Unread 07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
The problem still remains, however. The dynamic data includes a % sign in it, and there is no way to subtract or add the data together in the UI.
Make a database with elements like <Data Name="12%" Value="12"> and then perform a string comparison to find the correcte element.
Unread 07-27-2008, 06:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via AIM to nluerdarea
Default Meh

Sounds like work to me...
Unread 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Make a database with elements like <Data Name="12%" Value="12"> and then perform a string comparison to find the correcte element.
LOL ...