EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Premium Member

Default Prestige points

I've been trying out Profit, and have a fresh install from the updater as of May 9.

My wizard just got prestige point 7, and I could not spend it. I don't know if my issue was that particular point, or just prestige in general, but in case it matters, I'm working on the right-hand tree, and I had the first two abilities filled out already. The abilities on the prestige panel where there, and the active ones lit up as they should, but I could not click a new one. I had to revert to my old UI to spend the point, then switch back to Profit again.
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I was able to use prestige points using profit. But I had to relog first.
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

It's a known bug sometimes it will let you spend it,but most of the time you have to zone/log before it can be used. Happens to both me and my GF and were using different UI's,and has happened to our friends who don't even use a custom UI,which makes me think this is a SOE bug.

Last edited by Ixoa : 05-11-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Prestige points have a bug on SOE's side for all UIs (even in the Default) where you usually have to zone before you'll be able to spend a new prestige point.
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

Except I never zoned to get it to work ... just loaded my old UI while standing in place. And when I tried to spend it, it was several zones after I earned it.
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:59 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeanor View Post
Except I never zoned to get it to work ... just loaded my old UI while standing in place. And when I tried to spend it, it was several zones after I earned it.
each time you earn a prestige after you have logged in you have to zone or camp out and back in to spend it. I had this issue it is an SoE side issue not pertaining to any single aa. Now if you're saying you still can't spend that AA read the tool tips to see if you are meeting the requirements for it. Some require that you have x amount spent in another one.
Unread 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
each time you earn a prestige after you have logged in you have to zone or camp out and back in to spend it. I had this issue it is an SoE side issue not pertaining to any single aa. Now if you're saying you still can't spend that AA read the tool tips to see if you are meeting the requirements for it. Some require that you have x amount spent in another one.
I think you missed the part where I said using another UI allowed me to spend the point. I did not zone, I did not log, I just switched UIs. Maybe it was a glitch, maybe it was a freak occurrence. Maybe there's nothing to be done. But please read my post properly before jumping to conclusions.

I'll let y'all know if I have the same issue when I get my next point.
Unread 05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
I think you missed the part where I said using another UI allowed me to spend the point. I did not zone, I did not log, I just switched UIs. Maybe it was a glitch, maybe it was a freak occurrence. Maybe there's nothing to be done. But please read my post properly before jumping to conclusions.

I'll let y'all know if I have the same issue when I get my next point.
Maybe he read it and thought you were mistaken? At any rate maybe /loadui refreshed the data and allowed you to spend the point. This would make what others told you true and what you said true as well. An easy test would be if the error occurs again, and it will since it is definately a SoE bug, try /loadui ProfitUI and see if the problem persists.

Silat
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It's a UI-server end error as far as I can tell. If your UI is displaying the Prestige tab, it's already as modified as it's gonna get. UI authors can't edit anything about the contents of the AA tabs, so there's not much to really report there.

I've had this problem happen multiple times. Sometimes the problem fixed itself without zoning or doing anything. One minute I couldn't spend points, the next moment I could.
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Maybe swapping to another UI is like a refresh which in a sense is like zoning,which is why it worked.

Unread 05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixoa View Post
Maybe swapping to another UI is like a refresh which in a sense is like zoning,which is why it worked.

I agree. But the really odd part is I didn't even attempt to spend the point until I had already zoned several times, so by all rights it should have worked the first time.
Unread 05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

"Should have worked the first time" is unfortunately a sentence used quite often in EQ2 these days. Sadly, a lot of things do not work the first time
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:38 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Far too many things do not work the first time, or work randomly, or don't work at all. The execution of EQII is very sloppy and unpolished these days.
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Premium Member

Got another point today, and this time it worked fine. Just one of those things I guess.