Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 05-29-2005, 01:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Laffs_Lite

As sugested by Madhog..

Basicly its a cut down version of Laffs alt etc etc

So using this slot here to develop / test it out.. More info and some screenshots a bit later..

Oks lets get on with it.... Madhog,
I redone the effects window, it should size in every direction correctly now also there should be no "run off" with the icons

Changed spell font in the player window (still not quite happy with this font size either)

Also by the looks of your screenshot in other thread the target window can be reduced in size to line up with hotkey banks... but the player window wont go any smaller.

The zip has the updated files for you to test / comment on
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (5.2 KB, 426 views)
Unread 05-29-2005, 04:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Raar!

Ok, not sure what difference there is to the group box, it still works, its still smaller and its still fine *giggle*

Effects box is much better, can adjust length and it retains its graphics. Nice! Id still like to see a vertical version...

Been thinking about the layout of the bottom, I wasnt sure you could slice enough off the player box to allow the lot to be shrunk, so, Ive rearranged the layout, putting 2 hotbars on the top right (screeny attached). I used Perds like this for a long time tbh and its easy to use like this. This leaves me with the problem of the start button.

Options for this seem to be to:

1. Shrink the width of the various elements on the top so it can fit in the top.

2. Put the start button on one of the other elements. This seems to be most sensible, in fact, dare I suggest that we lose the paper doll and put it there? *giggle*. I seriously like this idea. My suggestion would be to put the start button here along with either icons or text for Shd on, Shd Off, Bags, Notes and harvest. Ive seen it done with icons which would take up less space than text.

I dont know if you noticed but I am using the default inventory, I just prefer that view, I find just the boxes confusing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000027.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2774  
Attached Files
File Type: zip oasis_hoggy_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.9 KB, 356 views)
Unread 05-29-2005, 04:13 PM
A Griffon

Doh Im a dumb ass, I even read your post too.

Yes the text in the player window looks better, well it looks ok to me. I dont have any skills as a ranger that take up much room tho hehe.

Yes the effects box can resize up and down *blush* Actually now Ive just seen the effects vertically, I hate it, its much better horizontal and along the top of the chat box etc, tho, I can see times when Id want it vertically *ahem*. Yes, I like the mod to this element now and it works fine, Ive cast 4 buffs and resized it all kindsa ways, the icons seem to stack correctly which ever way you stretch it, nice work!

Implied target box same shape and height as this in horizontal mode would be fab!

Btw other place you can use to add start button, icons, etc is the 2nd layer of the clock as its possible to display that and have a 3rd row of hotbars along the top, this fits nicely too.
Unread 05-29-2005, 06:35 PM
A Griffon

Lol slow down.....

Oks there is a trick with the damn effects box you only need to set the 1st effects position then they all snap to the window size after that no matter what .. Damn things but in this version it works well

Imp target same size... Oks but you do know the bars are going to be... Oh hang on.. yeh I can size that down np and have the same style

With the spell name stuff over the player name ... dump all your bags in bank and fill up your 6 Inv slots and go harvest somthing to get an overflow and then have a look at the text on display and tell me if its ok or not (please) Or even equip somthing thats not attuned .. that should cause the text to go into 2 lines

The start button where the paperdoll is sounds like the best bet me... also room for those 3 buttons in there nicely...

Havent looked at your SS as yet.... Just poped in here during a bit game downtime for bud to catch up with a quest lol

Also I am starting to like this as well, made a few changes to the standard variations also .. but will put them in 'alt' folders when done I guess

Expect an update tomorrow somtime

*EDIT*
Sorry just had quick look at the SS ... OMG hotbars up there yups a real pain in the aspectus... Gotta try and shrink target window rather i thinks.. Player cant shrink as the maintained wouldnt pull up far enough to display all 30 icons if needed to.

Last edited by Laffs : 05-29-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Unread 05-29-2005, 11:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

1) In order to install Laffs Lite, do I need a previous install of Laffs Tyejae?
2) Where are the effects for the groupmembers?
(not asking those questions for myself, but for everyone )

Not necessarily for Laffs Lite alone:
1) Loose the paperdoll That thing is so small you can't even discern what it is anyway. I'd rather see the "alt" startbutton in that spot anyway.
2) make the experience bar look like the others. Not super important.
3) Reskin ger's HO to look more like your version of TyeJae. That black marble doesnt go well.
4) Create an alt group window that doesnt have that " ,,,,/''''' " look to it.
5) Make startbutton 3/4 size if its not already.
Start button extra essentials: Notes & Harvest. Bags are unnecessary, unless that also opens bank bags (when interacting with bank) Shd's not needed (for me)

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 05-29-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Unread 05-30-2005, 03:25 AM
A Griffon

Sorry Laffs was just tryin to be helpful *giggle*

Fanz - Erm its based on LAFFSV8, with the modifications done in this thread and from the other thread. If you got LAFFSV8 then copied in the UI files I posted, then copied in Laffs latest mods to them, you should be close to where we are heh. I cant copy up my whole UI folder cos theres a limit of file size here
Unread 05-30-2005, 03:31 AM
A Griffon

Here is the last version of the UI, although you need to copy the images file from LAFFSV8 and run the eq2map updater too.

I have a different HO wheel then Laffs put in, different bags and I dont use the inventory one cos I like a paperdoll in there.
Unread 05-30-2005, 05:18 AM
A Griffon

*blush* sorry forgot to add the file into my post! You will need my last ui file I posted too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAFFSLITE.zip (398.4 KB, 342 views)
Unread 05-30-2005, 05:20 AM
A Griffon

I put on an unattuned item, and, the text looked fine, clear and easy to read.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000028.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	2786  
Unread 05-30-2005, 08:43 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lucan DLere

hi all

first post ever! woohoo!
first things first love the UI i did use nightfall to begin with but i much prefer Laffs stuff!

Ive come across a glitch with the heroic opportunity, it happens when u hit the second phase.

check the screen shot.

PS how the hell do i make the widescreen to say high!! it always comes back down to where u can see it in the screenshot!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	2787  
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:19 PM
A Griffon

erm your missing the image file for the HO mod hehe. I didnt post my entire UI folder cos it was too big.

Go to the downloads section, in fact go RIGHT HERE

Just download that and put the lot into your UI folder, overwriting as neccessary.

Im sure soon Laffs will post a proper entire UI file hehe.

Laffs feel free to throw out the HO wheel Im using, even the bag one if you wanna, I can get them back meself when we done with this.

Oh for your widescreen problem...edit your eq2.ini file in text editor, I assume your using the one that sets letterbox, just delete the 2 lines that refer to it, I find mine with just:

Quote:
cl_ui_skinname LAFFSV8
cl_ui_subdir UI/
works just great. The file is in the root of your eq2 directory.

Last edited by Madhog : 05-30-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamscott255
hi all

first post ever! woohoo!
first things first love the UI i did use nightfall to begin with but i much prefer Laffs stuff!

Ive come across a glitch with the heroic opportunity, it happens when u hit the second phase.

check the screen shot.

PS how the hell do i make the widescreen to say high!! it always comes back down to where u can see it in the screenshot!
If your using Laffs alt perdition , I have the letterbox settings in the eq2.ini file if you open it with notepad remove the last 2 lines in there that should sort it..

As for the HO window thats from Perdition BottomV8 and looks like your missing an image file.

Hey up, Dc is back again trying to break my stuff My 'Hide dc_roenfanz' button must have broke after LU9, Gotta get that working again real quick Lol

I like the ,,,,/''''' of the group window
The effects for the group members are actualy over the top of the mana bar for want of a better placement,
But surpose I could make an alt version but it will probably look like any other group window in the end...

Eventualy there will be the whole UI here so for now yes you do need some variation of Laffs UI if your wanting to try this as Madhog has explained already.

No update as of yet, me ended up going to a party that went on till 8am so been in bed all day, lol going to work on some of this again now...
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
I like the ,,,,/''''' of the group window
Me too! Dont change it!!
Unread 05-30-2005, 02:53 PM
A Griffon

Exp window been shrunk down to fit new start button at the side of it..

More changes to come for these 2 windows but have a look at them for starters
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (9.5 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 05-30-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 05-30-2005, 06:49 PM
A Griffon

Yes that works. Ive changed the layout back to hotbars at the bottom right and combat chat window to top right.

The bag icon seems stretched. But it works. The Shd on/off works great too!

That element with the start button on is completetly resizable, which helped fit it in where I did.

Its starting to look great! Just need reskinning soon....
Attached Files
File Type: zip oasis_hoggy_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.9 KB, 322 views)
Unread 05-30-2005, 07:15 PM
A Grove Wisp

cheers for the info peeps

this is how i got mine setup so far

which files do i need to copy over for the top left to have the money showing and the start bar with extra buttons?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	update.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	2796  
Unread 05-30-2005, 08:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamscott255
cheers for the info peeps

this is how i got mine setup so far

which files do i need to copy over for the top left to have the money showing and the start bar with extra buttons?
That SS looking good ... Me trying to maintain flexablity with the windows still so you can arrange stuff like you have

Most of this is not working correctly at the moment as its still work in progress I have a big list of stuff i need to change / do beside me now lol

Have a look at my SS below..

The triangles need sorting out I know, so does loads of other stuff

changes pending now are,

1 Exp needs option for coin page
2 little filler triangle needs reversed
3 new stats page below group window
4 health where the power gauge is in the SS
5 Casting where the health gauge is in the SS
6 Power where the health gauge is in the SS now
7 switch on the left triangle to expand the triangle and the effects window to show all 30 effects .. and vice versa
8 more icon buttons to add in below the start button..... Notes/harvesting will be one of them, I may even set it up as pages again so you can have what ones you want on display, Just see how it go's I guess

The bottom of the UI is still quite tall , but I dont see a way to change that as yet, But we do have quite a bit of screen area gain at the top now and that does make a big diff, Well to me it seems to anyway

All windows will be resizeable whilst in beta so that we can make them fit in where we want them, and once done I guess I will set the default sizes to my set up and place some sensible size restrictions after that on the windows like min / max

As you see the target is going to be centered up now, That is somthing that always bugged me for some reason lol.... Problem is its a bit more of a move for the mouse to get to the other hotkey banks on the right when in combat but a change in spell locations should cure that I guess / we will get used to it lol

Long way from a re-skin as yet likes Madhog lol... Also I will need to have at lest 2 bottles of red wine before I even think about loading up photoshop to do that lmao
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000088.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	2797  
Unread 05-31-2005, 01:23 AM
A Griffon

Ok heres my screeny that goes with that last ini I posted, but Ill repost here for clarity.

I have an idea for the dip above the 2 bars on the right, Ill post more when Im at work, cos, Im nearly late now *giggle*
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000029.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	2799  
Attached Files
File Type: zip oasis_hoggy_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.9 KB, 310 views)
Unread 05-31-2005, 03:26 AM
A Griffon

Ok, what I thought was, and I dont know if its possible...

When you use only 2 hotbars bottom right, you get a small gap above in relation to the other elements. Is it possible to do another element that would fit there and put on it say, bag open, map, notes in text or icon format?

If possible I would have thought it could be used to fill in that gap as text could be sized to make sure a rectangle box wouldnt be too high.

Just a thought!
Unread 05-31-2005, 04:30 AM
A Grove Wisp

i suppose its all about taste of placement

bets bet i think, is to skin the whole thing with a standard texture, not just a plain boring colour but yes a texture, but one that doesnt really affect where you put things.

every1 is always going to have a different idea of where they want things, its so versitile at the moment as it is, there are 3 of us who already have our own arangements as we can see in the screenshots.

the idea of having all sections resizable is a great idea cos then we can all have our own setups, thats what makes this UI "THE BEST" cos nomater where u put things, it always looks solid and nothing looks out of place!
Unread 05-31-2005, 04:35 AM
A Grove Wisp

oh and another thing. ill put 2 screen shots if i get the chance, as i come across a cool idea which was actually a fault of the letterbox always reverting to the standard hight.

it made the stats at the top left only 1 bar, but when u put your mouse over it, the money section on the second bar faded in, which in affect was like a mouseover style. as in it was set to "frame" (i think) but it was showing "none", u get me?????
Unread 05-31-2005, 05:35 AM
A Griffon

Erm the last thing Laffs is likely to do is to skin it, I was teasing him, its the hardest part hehe.

I might have a look myself tbh, if I can figure out which parts are used to affect the UI, I am ashamed to admit Im an advanced Photoshop User and I have the dds plugin

Laffs just thought, you notice that the > part on the right edge of the exp bar is cut off? I havent put my start button element over it, its just missing!!
Unread 05-31-2005, 06:06 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Laffs just thought, you notice that the > part on the right edge of the exp bar is cut off? I havent put my start button element over it, its just missing!!
im not sure which bit u mean?
Unread 05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
A Griffon

Its the overflow gem that gets cut off yups I know about it

Madhog it is perdigraphics.dss thats what you need to be looking at for the skin, If you going to have a shot at this..

Coin page, yups when I was told about that, I am thinking about having it mouse over.... maybe frame and titlebar enabled makes it mouse over.... frame only visible all the time and none it dont show at all ... or somthing to that effect that way it keeps everyone happy

Going to work on some of this list now....
Unread 05-31-2005, 01:13 PM
A Grove Wisp

keep it up laffs, excelent work

and much apreciated