EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 06-05-2005, 11:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

I was just tossing it on there as an option. I am eventually going to move them to the pet window with switchable tabs per say, like the eq1 version.

The group window, yea I really need to make it bigger, The current size for height is exactly the same as the eq1 window peices, I am going to test out some modifications with a bigger group window.

One thing I really want some feeback on is the knowledge window. It looks 10x better with the new fonts on test, but with some longer file names its kinda hard to read, but I am once again might do some readjustments to make the window a bit bigger if nessary.

Unread 06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
A Griffon

Well thanks to LU10 I have to do some adjusting. Please move this to the beta forums, as I think I am ready to release it as a beta once I fix the fonts.

Look for the update tomarrow (thursday)

Unread 06-08-2005, 05:01 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

looks awesome!
Unread 06-14-2005, 06:29 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest

Is this updated as of LU 10? Would really like to try it out.

hello? just wondering if your still working on this? you said you would have update last thursday or something
Unrest

Berri D`Licious
Fae Conj

Last edited by Kilaer : 06-15-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Unread 06-16-2005, 02:20 AM
A Griffon

Yes I am still here and still working on it. I wanted to get some things changed and tested before I put out a new update. My guild just also moved hosting companies and as the guild "web guy" I had to go thought the process of moving all the files from one place to the other :/ well now its there and I can get back to work on this mod.

Any sugestions on things that dont seem to be working or things you would like changed?

The knowledge book is being changed, the font is just too big, I dropped it down to a 12pt font arial and it looks a lot better.

I have attached the last update before I post RC 1 below, Please let me know whats not working and what you would like to see diffrent.

Still on the todo list.
1. Pet Window
2. Macro Window
3. New Quest Jurnal
4. EQ2Maps window skinned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2_000071.png
Views:	408
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	2946  
Attached Files
File Type: zip classicVert.zip (548.2 KB, 292 views)

Last edited by Findarato : 06-16-2005 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Added on a Screen Shot
Unread 06-16-2005, 03:21 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Looking good so far, here are some of my observations and suggestions:

-The final splash screen that reads "EverQuest II" is upside down . I say do away with all of the splash screens completely if you either don't know what you want to do with them or don't feel like reskinning those windows If you do reskin spalsh and loading screens, I think something like the Incubi Silver look would go well with the Vert style. (Silver also included a pretty blue color for the casting/loading bars).

-Enable the text in the maintained spell window to wrap around to a second line so that the width of the window can be reduced without cutting off long buff names.

-The shade of blue used to display the power % in the target windows is a tad dark and hard to read. This is with and without font smoothing, and even pre LU 10 fonts. Perhaps a lighter shade would make it more ledgible.

-The fonts in the mod post LU 10 seem to be too big. I replaced pre LU 10 fonts plus switch to Arial and it looks much better. Conversely the text that is part of the graphics such as on the next/prev page buttons in the spell book are very small and hard to read at my resolution.

-The casting bar is really, really big even at my reso. Not sure how others feel about this but I think it could stand to be sized down a bit.

-I would like to see a second option for the player window that removes the health/power totals from the bars. Though I do like seeing my totals displayed somewhere, I am not a fan of them blocking my view of the bars themselves.

-If the bank selectors for the hotkeys is going to outright cover the first button, make it autohide (there are a few hotbar mods around that do that) or make it hide as part of the frame if opacity is set to 0.

-The text above the exp bar reads "(50)50 Mystic" at all times, which I now know refers to mentoring, but it doesn't need to be there when not mentoring.

-I like the arrangement of the group window, but at my reso it is pretty small overall. The effects icons are a challenge to correcty identify for fast group curing due to being so small, and the number displayed on top of the icons further hinder this. I would like to see a larger version of the grp window, with the empty space on the right filled instead of just a place for the LFG button to go. Move the LFG button up top on the blue frame area if possible, maybe add a disband button as well. Increase the size of the effects icons by a couple pixels all around, maybe elongate the group members' bars if possible.

That's pretty much it for now (whew). Keep up the fine work

Last edited by Eloora : 06-17-2005 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Edited some points for clarification and accuracy
Unread 06-16-2005, 04:33 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Also the text above the exp bar reads "(50)50 Mystic", which I assume means I am level 50 in a tradeskill which I am not.
IIRC, the format of that is in terms of (true level) mentor level Or it could be the other way around. IE, you are a level 50, and you mentor down to 42. It would then read as: (50) 42 Mystic, however, it was my understanding that the aformentioned format would only show while in mentored mode
Unread 06-16-2005, 06:38 PM
A Griffon

DC is right, with the XP bar level.

The bars are "ribbed" when they are full/filling, but not when they are empty. I think the look is nice. The casting bar is a bit big, yea and I plan on making it smaller.

The group window... yea its small and I agree it needs some work. I am also planning on tweeking the fonts in the interface. if you look at the tradeskill screen of the knowledge window you can see some smaller version of arial, 12 point actually, I am thinking about using that for all the spells as it makes it smaller. The effects window will wrap when I finish, but I just wanted to get that into the mod early so it can be tested, also looking at making the font/icons smaller so it takes up less space. Right now there are timers below the names, well there woudl be if SoE would fix the D.D. um lets see. There will be a version of the player window with out the totals, it will be even more throw back to old school vert. I am not fully finished but I hope when its finished you all will love it.

Unread 06-16-2005, 09:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Looks like you're pretty well on top of most things .

One other thing I'd like to see improved a bit is the concentration slots in the player window. It isn't very easy to tell at-a-glance if all slots are filled since the slots do not stretch accross the whole way.
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
A Griffon

I have added a nifty little way to see how many concentration slots you have used / free. So your request has been processed and completed .

I am thinking about changing how it looks though. So more to come on that.

Unread 06-18-2005, 11:16 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Ok really loving this ui.
One small problem which I am sure you can fix.

When you go to make a hotkey or look at your emote box, it is all white and have hard time seeing it....... Other than that I reeeeeally love it
Unrest

Berri D`Licious
Fae Conj
Unread 06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
A Griffon

Woops, guess I missed that window. I will get right on that

Unread 06-28-2005, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Look for an update as soon as I test it out.

I have skinned all the modified windows, and fixed some buggs.

Like I said as soon as I can test it out in the actual game I will post an update compatable with LU11.

Unread 06-28-2005, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

Here ya go, its a 90% some skinning I didnt finish cus I wanted to see how it was going to look in game, but now you all get to see the current version of the beta.

This SHOULD be fully compatable with the new UI mods, if its not you will see a patch here very soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip classicVert.zip (573.5 KB, 338 views)

Unread 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Mind taking some updated SS's and posting? (if the skins havent changed, just SS the new skinned ui's) Thanks!
Unread 06-28-2005, 07:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

the Skills window no longer works with the current patch, but that seems to be it.
Unread 06-28-2005, 09:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantek
the Skills window no longer works with the current patch, but that seems to be it.
Well, considering that the patch just came out TODAY, then I dont blame him.
Unread 06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Well, considering that the patch just came out TODAY, then I dont blame him.
Oh yeah I'm not blaming anyone, just letting him know
Unread 06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Jeez DC don't be so harsh, he was just letting Find know about the ui, that is why it is in beta.
Unrest

Berri D`Licious
Fae Conj
Unread 06-29-2005, 02:01 PM
A Griffon

well actually it was skinned, I sorta .. broke it :P

I was doing the skills window while the servers where down yesterday, I will have them fixed by tomarrow, I really wana see what it looks like :P

Unread 06-29-2005, 11:02 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

you are still doing very nice job find...
Unrest

Berri D`Licious
Fae Conj
Unread 06-29-2005, 11:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilaer
Jeez DC don't be so harsh, he was just letting Find know about the ui, that is why it is in beta.
... You read too much into my post.
Unread 06-30-2005, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Ok it might just be me, but I am hardcore stuck on this area of the UI.

The new skills window is very diffrent. I cant find a single item like it.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="30,12" MinimumSize="350,396" Name="Skills" PackLocation="center,center" PackLocationProp="-482/0001,-372/0001" ScrollExtent="350,396" Size="350,396" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" Version="1">
<Namespace Name="HeaderImages">
<ImageStyle Name="Combat" progresscolor="#9F5D33">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="0,0,42,42"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Harvesting" progresscolor="#D1A074">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="42,0,84,42"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Spellcasting" progresscolor="7B5978">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="84,0,126,42"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Outfitter" progresscolor="#A64835">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="0,42,42,84"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Artisan" progresscolor="#536AA6">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="84,42,126,84"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Avoidance" progresscolor="#748C84">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="42,42,84,84"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Scholar" progresscolor="BEAD85">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="42,84,84,126"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Craftsman" progresscolor="#BD9245">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="0,84,42,126"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="Language" progresscolor="#6B8BBC">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="84,84,126,126"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="General" progresscolor="#99A978">
<ImageFrame Source="images\icons\icon_sw_01.dds" SourceRect="0,126,42,168"/>
</ImageStyle>
</Namespace>
<ImageStyle Name="progress_fill">
<ImageFrame Name="progress_fill" Source="images/window_elements_generic.dds" SourceRect="222,445,380,451"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ProgressbarStyle Bar.Background="Breath.progress_fill" Name="progress_style"/>
<Page DragAccepts="icon" DropToParent="true" Location="33,80" Name="CategoryTemplate" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0078/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="272,68" Size="272,68" Visible="false">
<Image Location="11,27" Name="Image" ScrollExtent="42,42" Size="42,42" Style="HeaderImages.Combat"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Font.FontArial12" LocalText="[DEVL]Category" Location="13,0" Name="Name" ScrollExtent="251,26" Size="251,26">[DEVL]Category</Text>
<Composite DragAccepts="icon" Location="62,27" Name="Composite" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0063/0001,0028/0001" ScrollExtent="209,40" Size="209,40" SpacingType="Constant"/>
</Page>
<Page DropToParent="true" Location="59,163" Margin="10,20,20,10" Name="SkillTemplate" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0140/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="210,32" Size="210,32" Visible="false">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.style" LocalText="15 / 25" Location="148,9" MaxLines="1" Name="Status" PackLocation="right,center" PackLocationProp="-062/0001,-007/0001" PackSize="fixed,fixed" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="55,18" Size="55,18" TextAlignment="Right">15 / 25</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="---" LocalText="Very Light Armor" Location="6,9" MaxLines="1" Name="Name" PackLocation="left,center" PackLocationProp="0006/0001,-007/0001" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0061/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="149,21" Size="149,21">Very Light Armor</Text>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Frame" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0002/0003" RStyleDefault="/SpecialElements.SkillProgressBar.data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="210,32" Size="210,32"/>
<Progressbar BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Color="#FF0000" Name="Progress" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0002/0003" Progress="0.750" ScrollExtent="210,32" Size="210,32" Style="/SpecialElements.SkillProgressBar.data.style"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Bkg" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0002/0003" RStyleDefault="/SpecialElements.SkillProgressBar.data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="210,32" Size="210,32"/>
</Page>
<RectangleStyle Center="tile_image" CenterStretchH="false" CenterStretchV="false" Name="tile"/>
<ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="tile_image">
<ImageFrame Name="tile" Source="images/ui_qst_jrnl_bg.dds" SourceRect="0,0,128,128"/>
</ImageStyle>
<RectangleStyle Name="TabRectStyle"/>
<ButtonStyle DisabledTextColor="#F0F000" DisabledTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf15" MouseOverSound="ui_mouseover" MouseOverTextColor="#F0F000" MouseOverTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf15" Name="TabStyle" NormalTextColor="#C0C0C0" NormalTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf15" PressedTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf15" PressSound="ui_pressed" ReleaseSound="ui_released" RStyleActivated="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_active" RStyleDefault="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_inactive" RStyleDisabled="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_disabled" RStyleDisabledActivated="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_active" RStyleMouseOver="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_inactive" RStyleMouseOverActivated="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_active" RStyleMouseOverSelected="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_active" RStyleSelected="/ButtonStyles.TabButton.tab_active" SelectedTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf15"/>
<TabbedPaneStyle ButtonStyle="/Journals.JournalsQuest.TabStyle" Name="TabbedPaneStyle"/>
<TabbedPane ActiveTab="2" DataSource="TabSource" Location="6,24" Name="TabPane" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0006/0001,0024/0001" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0051/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="299,26" Size="299,26" Style="/t_Styles.TabPane" TargetPage="TabPages">
</TabbedPane>
<DataSource Name="TabSource">
<Data Name="Adventure" Target="Adventure" Text="Adventure"/>
<Data Name="Tradeskill" Target="Tradeskill" Text="Tradeskill"/>
<Data Name="Utility" Target="Utility" Text="Utility"/>
</DataSource>
<Page Location="7,48" Name="TabPages" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0007/0001,0048/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0034/0001,0086/0001" RStyleMouseOver=" " RStyleMouseOverActivated=" " RStyleMouseOverSelected=" " RStyleSelected=" " ScrollExtent="316,310" Size="316,310">
<Page BackgroundColor="#554736" BackgroundOpacity="0.008" DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Enabled="false" Location="0,1" Name="Adventure" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0001/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="316,310" Size="316,310" Visible="false">
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Location="4,4" Name="SkillFrame" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0004/0001,0004/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0024/0001,0008/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.frame" ScrollExtent="292,302" Size="292,302">
<Composite DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Location="6,6" Name="SkillComposite" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0011/0001,0009/0001" RStyleDisabled="/Journals.JournalsQuest.TabPages.Collection.CollectionFrame.tile" ScrollExtent="281,293" ScrollSize="1,83" Size="281,293" Spacing="5" SpacingType="Constant"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="4,4" Name="Background" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0004/0001,0004/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0008/0001,0008/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.backdrop_dark" ScrollExtent="284,294" Size="284,294"/>
</Page>
<Scrollbar ArrowPressSound="sounds/button" Control="SkillFrame.SkillComposite" Location="295,5" Name="SkillScroll" PackLocation="right" PackLocationProp="-021/0001,xxxx/xxxx" PackSize="fixed,absolute" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0011/0001" ScrollExtent="19,299" Size="19,299" Style="/t_Styles.default_vscroll"/>
</Page>
<Page BackgroundColor="#554736" BackgroundOpacity="0.008" DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Enabled="false" Location="0,1" Name="Tradeskill" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0001/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="316,310" Size="316,310" Visible="false">
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Location="4,4" Name="SkillFrame" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0004/0001,0004/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0024/0001,0008/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.frame" ScrollExtent="292,302" Size="292,302">
<Composite DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Location="6,6" Name="SkillComposite" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0011/0001,0010/0001" RStyleDisabled="/Journals.JournalsQuest.TabPages.Collection.CollectionFrame.tile" ScrollExtent="281,292" ScrollSize="1,83" Size="281,292" Spacing="5" SpacingType="Constant"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="4,4" Name="Background" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0004/0001,0004/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0008/0001,0008/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.backdrop_dark" ScrollExtent="284,294" Size="284,294"/>
</Page>
<Scrollbar ArrowPressSound="sounds/button" Control="SkillFrame.SkillComposite" Location="295,5" Name="SkillScroll" PackLocation="right" PackLocationProp="-021/0001,xxxx/xxxx" PackSize="fixed,absolute" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0011/0001" ScrollExtent="19,299" Size="19,299" Style="/t_Styles.default_vscroll"/>
</Page>
<Page BackgroundColor="#554736" BackgroundOpacity="0.008" DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Location="0,1" Name="Utility" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0001/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="316,310" Size="316,310">
<Composite DragAccepts="icon" DragType="icon" Location="6,6" Name="SkillComposite" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0011/0001,0014/0001" RStyleDisabled="/Journals.JournalsQuest.TabPages.Collection.CollectionFrame.tile" ScrollExtent="281,288" ScrollSize="1,83" Size="281,288" Spacing="5" SpacingType="Constant"/>
</Page>
</Page>
</Page>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#F00000" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Enabled="false" Location="4,46" Name="TabFrame" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0004/0001,0046/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0023/0001,0077/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.frame" ScrollExtent="327,319" Size="327,319"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf18" LocalText="Skills" Location="4,1" MaxLines="1" Name="WC_Title" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0004/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="165,18" Size="165,17" TextColor="#FCD781" UserMovable="true">Skills</Text>
<Button LocalTooltip="Close" Location="331,1" Name="WC_CloseButton" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-019/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="15,15" Size="15,15" Style="/ButtonStyles.close_button" Tooltip="Close" UserMovable="true"></Button>
<Button LocalTooltip="Window Options" Location="316,2" Name="WC_OptionsButton" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-034/0001,0002/0001" ScrollExtent="15,15" Size="15,15" Style="/ButtonStyles.options_button" Tooltip="Window Options" UserMovable="true"></Button>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="WC_Titlebar" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" PackSize="absolute" PackSizeProp="0001/0001,xxxx/xxxx" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.window_title" ScrollExtent="349,32" Size="349,32"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="0,19" Name="WC_Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0019/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0001/0001,0019/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.window" ScrollExtent="349,377" Size="349,377"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="2,18" Name="WC_Backdrop" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0002/0001,0018/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0005/0001,0021/0001" RStyleDefault="/t_Styles.backdrop_dark" ScrollExtent="345,375" Size="345,375"/>
</Page>
tell me what you think I am doing wrong. Thats the skinned skills window, and once I get in game I will post a SS of what it looks like, or what it dosent look like

Unread 06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Really love the progress your making on this, best looking mob in my opinion, keep it up!

I missed the vert mod, all I used in EQLive.

My biggest suggestion would have to be the blue bar that wraps above the group window..any plans on removing that?
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:10 PM
A Griffon

Group window will be changed a bit.

I just took the exact same graphics from the vert UI and moved them over.

I plan on making it about 15-20% longer and making some tweeks to how the debuffs are displayed.