EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Closed Thread
Unread 03-22-2005, 02:49 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mod

In isle of refuge.. i just got new spells, and crashed to desktop.. then reloaded game, tried to use the HO (lucky break), and again instantly crashed to desktop

aloe (everfrost)
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:04 AM
A Sea Turtle

One other thing that I did not see mentioned is the break out of mitigation and avoidance. Right now with the mod on it shows ac 10000 (I am a conjuor ... I wish I had 10000 ac <grin>).

You may already be working on it but did not see any mention of it so just wanted to make sure.
Unread 03-22-2005, 10:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Been using this for a few days and here are some observations:

1. when loading and trying to go to the charcter screen the interface crashes, but I can load if I chose a character before hitting Play.

2. After the patch: Using the Mail system, inspecting players or equipment will crash the game. I had to replace those files with the defaults, but still the mail system is borked using your UI.

3. The minimap doesn't work, dunno if that is the mapmod issue or your UI.

Some requests.

1. Change the Persona window back to somewhat like the original. Since zoning removes that window the concept is lost.

2. Take a look at Tablets II and how it adds the stats to the frame. This is a very sweet mod, and would pretty much accomplish what you are attempting to do with the persona window, but have it persist.

3. Any way for the "Find It" button in vendor mode could actually submit the search? I know it's not a major issue but would be a nice mod for people who sell a lot of items.
Unread 03-22-2005, 01:10 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Oggok

EQ crash on exiting to character select. This was posted a little ways up the page.
<verify> E:\live\eq2\game\client\Ui\src\Eq2GuiNCSCharSelectWindow.cpp (945): ( p_normal_style = reinterpret_cast<UIButtonStyle*>(m_pCharsPage
->GetChild( "bright_textonly_button18") ) )
Hope I typed all that in right

Also having troubles with no icons showing in the Maintained Spell screen. They only show as clouds of smoke regardless if you have a maintained spell running or not.

Still having issues of Defense showing as 10000 and not correct value.

Suggestion:
Any way possible to make it a selection with the sliders? To be able to change the slider bars back to the Fetish 2.5 style (original?) instead of the new one. The new one in my opinon takes up too much space.
Also is there a way to put the time, att and defense numbers to where they are grouped with the xp bars?

I hope I describes this stuff to where it can be understood, I don't know much about the UI design process so any help is appreciated.

BTW...
Great work on the UI, it has made things easier for me.
Unread 03-22-2005, 02:18 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Beta 2:
Uploaded 11:00 AM PST (2:00 PM EST). Should be available from the download page within a few hours.

Should resolve all posted issues to date with the following exceptions:

1) Journal text is still a bit buggy. Resizes can result in temporary cropping. Usualy fixes with a slight resize or clicking another quest. This is a long standing bug listed in the docs.

2) Appears to be no way to change quest icon sizes.

Note: Splitter bars appear to be finiky when shrinking a pane to minimum size. Often requires several slides to squeez out the last few pixels.
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default Beta 2 Issues

Found a couple issues with Beta 2:

In the XP window, my level being shown as (22)22 Monk even though I am not mentoring anyone. In addition, the (22) is positioned in such a way that it extends past the end of the bar on the left and overlaps the 22 on the right. (See attached screenshot)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp xpbar.bmp (69.9 KB, 257 views)
Unread 03-22-2005, 05:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadditude
Found a couple issues with Beta 2:

In the XP window, my level being shown as (22)22 Monk even though I am not mentoring anyone. In addition, the (22) is positioned in such a way that it extends past the end of the bar on the left and overlaps the 22 on the right. (See attached screenshot)
In yesterday's Patch they changed the callout that many of us were using for our XP Bars GameData.Self.Level to GameData.Self.EffectiveLevel. This was because in the Prior patch where they added Mentoring when Mentoring the GameData.Self.Level appeared as you describe. If you are up to a little XML changing you may want to try (after backing up your current file that is) changing the call out from GameData.Self.Level to GameData.Self.EffectiveLevel and see if that fixes the issue.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Beta 2 issue bug?

after setting up multiple chat windows and loging out after i log back in all teh chat windows are gone and i have to set them up again.

is this a known bug with this ui? or is there something i need to do to fix it?

by the way this one is very nice if only i can get this chat window problem fixed.
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
A Brown Bear

My chat windows do that to... but it's not a problem with the UI.

I tried a different UI to see if it was just FetishNightfall, but it wasn't. I even tried the default chat window UI, didn't work either.

It must be a problem with the game.
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
In yesterday's Patch they changed the callout that many of us were using for our XP Bars GameData.Self.Level to GameData.Self.EffectiveLevel. This was because in the Prior patch where they added Mentoring when Mentoring the GameData.Self.Level appeared as you describe. If you are up to a little XML changing you may want to try (after backing up your current file that is) changing the call out from GameData.Self.Level to GameData.Self.EffectiveLevel and see if that fixes the issue.
Its tagged correctly, alignment is screwy and apparently EffectiveLevel doesn't hide when you're not mentoring. I'll have to play with this to get both displaying as intended.
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor
Default EQ2MAP not working in beta 2

Downloaded new beta2 , deleted all exsisting files in "fetish"

Installed and ran EQ2map program for new "fetish" UI
Extracted all zipped files of Beta 2

The map for commonlands / nek shows up, but with no points of interest from the MAP project. Minimap pops up but doesn't seem to work correctly either. Resizing it and clicking update leaves me with a black mini-map box reguardless of what size/how many times I click update.

Any info on what's up?

Edit to add:
I used the default UI with only a EQ2MAP installed for it on a fresh EQ2.ini and everything worked just fine. Had PoI's for Nek forrest. Have tried setting the Beta2 up differant ways with EQ2map, and just not having any luck getting it to show PoI's for me in those 2 zones.

Last edited by Uggliey : 03-22-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Health on the persona window doubles up onto 2 lines and causes it to overlap the border.
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Beta 2

Thanks Zonx, boy you're quick =)

Just before I crashed the SONY servers a few minutes ago

I noticed that in crafting mode the casting buff bar is broken, all 6 slots or so appear to have spells that were just cast.

It also seems that these crafting buffs are showing up in the maintained Spells window (the left side) and not the other bar like they used to. (right side)

The new Persona bar you made, it's very hard to find a spot to "grab" it to move it and it looks like the status points is the only one that does not "mouse over" to tell you what they are.

The bank "auto drop" does not work.

Also, I could not email you a pizza...maybe that's how I crashed the servers?

Thank you
Unread 03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Awesome

i love this ui keep up the good work i see things have been posted about bugs and will wait for fixes thanks for a good ui
Unread 03-22-2005, 08:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Mini-map isn't working and icons in Antonica aren't showing up on neweset version. I havn't tested any other zones for icons though.

Everything else is working fine, nice work.
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Its tagged correctly, alignment is screwy and apparently EffectiveLevel doesn't hide when you're not mentoring. I'll have to play with this to get both displaying as intended.
I also noticed later that when I am mentoring, it displays as (11)11 Brawler, instead of (22)11 Brawler as it should.
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ehm.. newb question.. i downloaded this ui and it looks good, but i cant seem to find the default uisettings.ini for this ui, how do i set that up or whatever? im used to just finding the uisettings.ini in the download :/
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Unable to bypass the patcher using EverQuest2.exe with this mod. The login screen is blank and doesn't allow me to type my station name and password. I loaded up another UI and had no problem there.
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Ah. I joined a raid tonight and I had an idea for your UI.

Could you change the color of each group box on the raid window to better fit your UI, such as blues and purples instead of red, yellow, green and such?
Unread 03-23-2005, 12:49 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Everfrost

Character select doesnt seem to like more than 7 toons as it will knock one of em off, and newbie zones are still all black on map. So far so good though.
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Map
POIs still not showing up in most zones, zek, nek forest, TS, Ant, etc

Persona Window
Using standard one set to option1 - top line is always see through, ie no background, background shows up on other lines ok.
Does not stay where i place it upon exiting the game, ie it is put back in the default position and is a devil and a half to move due to not enough 'grab' area.
Health and power both change from xxx/xxx to..........
xxxx/
xxxx when going over 1000, this makes them almost impossible to read since 2 lines are effectively crammed into only 1 line

Bags
Bags of course shift on game restart
I like to stack my bags vertically on the left of the screen HOWEVER, there appears to be a hidden border across the top of each bag that will cover around half of the bag above it (half of the bottom row of slots that is)

Maintained spell window
Set options so UI windows are not allowed offscreen. The maintained window will not sit at the edge of the screen (right hand side of screen), however the spell effects window will. for the maintained window there is block of maybe 5 pixels offset.

Exp bar
Top line (28) 28 Monk .........the second 28 is not spaced correctly and starts under the ')'

All i can remember now - can't wait until it is finished although it has already ousted my fetish 2.5 UI

PS please fix the map bug first, it is killing me not having POIs showing up

/bow
Unread 03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
A Brown Bear

There's a kind of quick hack or so to make the persona window go back to where you had it. Switch modes from either fullscreen->window->fullscreen or window->fullscreen->window and it will be back to where it was.

Edit:
Also can't type in the boxes for login. I only use the patch when I absolutely must and right now, that's the only way to get in

Last edited by Xilo : 03-23-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:45 PM
A Brown Bear

One more thing, could you make the ability button the same size as the EQ2 button?
Unread 03-23-2005, 07:53 PM
A Coastal Crab

Another rather *important* thing to note... on the character select screen, the box only displays 8 characters, not the full 10 that those with station access have... in my case I see 8 of my characters but my 2 most recently played are above the box (if I hit up arrow it will select them, but they are not listed)

oh, hiroprotagonist seemed to have posted something to this effect... sorry
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

First I wanted to say how much I like this mod. It's SO much easier to use and with everything shrunk it takes up much less of my screen.

A couple of quick things. ...

Working with EQ2Maps .. I installed Fetish over an fresh install of eqmaps I get the following:

Also with the changes in Beta 2 (and the patch) the actual and "effective" level overlap a little .. I'm running at 1280 x 1024 if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for the great mod!

-- Ariaya
Closed Thread