Closed Thread
Unread 03-20-2005, 11:52 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
OK, I followed these instructions. The map is restored, but there are no POI overlays. If I run the updater again, no new files are downloaded.
Yah alot of the POIs in the original eq2map install haven't made it into their new Database. You run the patcher and it replaces the icon files with virtually empty files. Its an eq2map issue. They'll get all the POIs in the DB soon.

RE: the Compass size, right-click it and choose "Window Settings". Click the "Default Location" button then "OK". This should move the Comapss to the default location and set it to the new default size. Same trick works for any window.

In any case, I'll set the comapss images to scale to the window height so this isn't a problem in the future.
Unread 03-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Yah alot of the POIs in the original eq2map install haven't made it into their new Database. You run the patcher and it replaces the icon files with virtually empty files. Its an eq2map issue. They'll get all the POIs in the DB soon.
The map I was looking at was Antonica West, which works fine in my other UI setups.

Quote:
RE: the Compass size, right-click it and choose "Window Settings". Click the "Default Location" button then "OK". This should move the Comapss to the default location and set it to the new default size. Same trick works for any window.

In any case, I'll set the comapss images to scale to the window height so this isn't a problem in the future.
I did that, as well as the reset option in the Options menu, but no go. Same anomoly is present. It simply looks like a window/frame size issue, but I'm no interface expert... I'll leave that to you.
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:05 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
XP Bar: Increasing the font size of percentages or changing them to a horitontal layout would require a fairly major overhaul of the window. The background frame would need stretching, everything would need repositioning, and all scripted size changes would need updating. Side-by-side XP and Debt would unbalance the left and right sides of the window, so I'm disinclined to do that. I might bumpt the font size up a tad for final release if want this change.
I could live without the horizontal layout even though I like it better that way, but the font size has definitely got to come up a bit.

One thing I have always wondered, but never asked is whether or not it would be possible to have nothing showing (instead of 0%) when there is no xp debt... Although this isn't a vital feature, I always thought it would be nice.
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:21 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Just got a PM from the eq2map project lead. They'll be looking at my suggestions this week so I'll probably know what's approved by the end of this Beta. The Nightfall map may be a bit buggie until the official release.

I'll look at the Compass. Thx for the info

Unfortunately it currently isn't possible to hide 0% debt. SOE needs to tweak the data object on their end.
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:23 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hey man. I downloaded your Beta UI, and I really like it. Couple comments though.

The Journal font... I really don't like it. Is there a way to change it? I like the default font better than the one you chose.

The compass... The compess really doesn't seem to match the rest of the UI. Something about it just... doesn't fit.

My stat bar is not showing up either. Any solution to this?

If I think of any more, I'll post em.
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:25 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
- Dadd 5: Final version of Tracking will include a button to name sort (thought about it when reformating it the first time). Con buttons were laidout to minimize total window space. 1 horizontal line restircts minimum window width. 1 verticle line results in alot of dead space when the window is stretched vertically, resticts minimum window height and eats up horizontal screen space. I could be talked into 1 horizontal line if folks don't care about the minimum width so much.
Thinking about this, I was looking at Kosmo's Tracking Window Mod (found here), and I noticed how small his con selector buttons were. His mod (with name sort added), but with your border styles would be the ultimate compact tracking window, IMHO.
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:50 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edeka
Hey man. I downloaded your Beta UI, and I really like it. Couple comments though.

The Journal font... I really don't like it. Is there a way to change it? I like the default font better than the one you chose.

The compass... The compess really doesn't seem to match the rest of the UI. Something about it just... doesn't fit.

My stat bar is not showing up either. Any solution to this?

If I think of any more, I'll post em.
Nightfall Journal (and most things) use the default fonts. Could be you've got alternate fonts installed. Nightfall should not be installed over another mod, including prior Fetish mods. Installing Nightfall over FetishCombo will likely result in Arial being used for everything.

Check the screenshots. If your setup doesn't match, you should probably start over, following the install instructions carefully.

Personabar: Have you tried Alt+P? The stat bar is a mod of the Persona window, so it doesn't auto-open if your Persona window is saved in the closed state.
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:55 AM
A Brown Bear

Hello again.

I checked the screenshots, and the font is the same. I guess I just didn't recongnize it. Is there a way to change it though?

Also... Is it possible to zone without the UI showing, but still have your custom loading bar? I really like it... and It's taking me a while to zone with the UI showing, and I'd rather just have it not show.
Unread 03-21-2005, 11:02 AM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy Crashing to desktop

Everytime it trys to open a reward window it crashes me to desktop. Let me see if I can post the exact error.

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must be shutdown.

<verify> ........ \test\eq2\game\client\Ui\src\Eq2GuiRewardPackWindow.cpp (161):m_pFaction Text && "m_pFactionText was NULL"

Maybe i am doing someting wrong..? please help.
Thanks
Angelbones
Unread 03-21-2005, 01:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Updating Enviornment Map*crash*

Loading into EQ this happens:

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

<verify>E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuNCSCharSelectWindow.cpp(945)p_norm al_style=reinterpret_cast<UIButtonStyle*>(m_pCharsPage->GetChild(*bright_textonly_button18")))!=0

This happens upon loading after todays patch.

By the way, thanks for everything, you make it easy for us =)

Shucks Zonk, I just noticed this:
[quote=Zonx]Nightfall Journal (and most things) use the default fonts. Could be you've got alternate fonts installed. Nightfall should not be installed over another mod, including prior Fetish mods. Installing Nightfall over FetishCombo will likely result in Arial being used for everything.

You have my appologies, though the huge thank you still holds for all you (and the others here at eq2interface) have done

Last edited by Sidnee Sowthis : 03-21-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Unread 03-21-2005, 01:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, I removed all the old FetishCombo 2.5's and 6 files, reinstalled the Nightfall and it still does it. (after reinstalling the map 96a)

When hitting the Updating Enviorment map this still happens:

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

<verify>E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuNCSCharSelectWindow.cpp(945)p_normal _style=reinterpret_cast<UIButtonStyle*> (m_pCharsPage->GetChild(*bright_textonly_button18")))!=0
Unread 03-21-2005, 01:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Oops

I am a Coastal Crab...

nay, i am lower than a coastal Crab..

I am a Dung Beetle that did not install the itsy bitty patch in the very very small, tiny fine print.

/blush

I so enjoy these conversations I have with myself in these *shudder* "Public Forums

/sigh
Unread 03-21-2005, 01:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Couple of things after today's patch.

Your persona stat bar and inventory list Defense as 10,000. This is probably because SOE got rid of Defense and split it into two things, mitigation, and... I forgot the other one.

Also, EQ2Map is working fine, except the Icons on the map. It's not listing where any NPC's, mobs, or all that other jazz is now.

Everything else seems to be working fine. If I come across any other bugs, I'll let you know.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Another bug. Clicking on a linked object causes me to crash to desktop.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

I did a fresh install of Fetish on a freshly downloaded EQ2MAP folder, as the readme said. Put in patch1, and launched the game.

As soon as I scry on the rainbow lights, the game crashes.
If I use the default UI, this doesn't happen.
I do not even get to the big text that tells you which runes are shining and which color they are, so it's a bit different from the above reward box problems.
After relogging I got an reward box on my screen.

Edit: Apparently it crashes on any examine action, may it be linked items, or regular examine.

Last edited by Zao : 03-21-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Eek this new patch added alot of new problems it seems.
Unread 03-21-2005, 04:51 PM
A Griffawn

Aye poor Zonk pours his heart out here and one patch *Kablooie*. That said, bet it aint long and its up and working again .
The Fetish Mod's have been my favorite since they first started coming out, and I cant wait til Beta is over for the bugs to be gone, kudos for all the hard work Zonk.
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Very nice UI, but with any custom UI after this mornings patch I can't examine anything or I crash to desktop. I appreciate all the hard work that was obviously put into this UI. Can't wait til it is updated and I get the full functionality of it again.
Unread 03-21-2005, 07:13 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Looking at the latest changes from SOE now. Apparently this patch broke the Examine windows and includes the anticipated mail and maintained spells updates. An update will be uploaded ASAP.
Unread 03-21-2005, 07:34 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Finishing Quests

Firstly, thanks for such wonderful work!

When I attempted to complete a quest, as soon as I clicked on the reply button to the NPC my comp crashed to desktop and I got this error message:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown

Verify E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuiRewardPackWindow.cpp (161):
m_pFactionText && "m_pFactionText was NULL"

I looked in the Fetish folder for this window and didn't see it there, as you can temporarily solve the examine window problem by deleting eq2ui_examine.xml from that folder...

TIA!

Last edited by krizaani : 03-21-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Unread 03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Zonx is there any updates for the EQ2MAP bug I noted on in a earlier post?
Unread 03-21-2005, 08:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Default For now:

Delete eq2ui_popup_rewardpack.xml
and eq2ui_examine.xml

That oughtta get it workable.

Bug in Maintained Spells window, scrambled and does not show spells. Shows empty Icons.

Of course the housing window needs updating. Now lists a normal room as costing 2Gold and 200 status points...etc.

When refreshing spells now, it removes the old and gives you a counter you need to wait for refresh before casting.

Even with the fix on the main page for the mail, I could not get it to work.

/wave
Unread 03-21-2005, 09:45 PM
A Coastal Crab

also the crafting window has issues with the buffs, but works fine
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Unhappy Crash Issue

Well, being a big fan of the Fetish 2.5 interface, I decided to download this beta. I created a separate FetishNight directory and altered my EQ2.ini file to point to this location.

Well, everything seemed to load properly, and looks great, however I purchased an item from a broker and when I clicked to Examine the item I crashed to desktop. I ten realized that you had provided a patch which I quickly installed, and still I crashed attempting to examine the same object (shattered gnoll bone).

On a side note, after today's EQ Patch and utilizing my normal (fetish 2.5 interface) I was unable to type in the search space on the broker's market window, which is what promted me to check this site for an update and I noticed your Nightfall UI.

Please advise as I would love to utilize either interface.

Thank you,
Grymmtooth
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:37 AM
A Griffon

Look two posts above yours and you will see what you need to do for now, until Zonx gets a patch out to fix all the issues with yesterday's SOE patch.