EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 05-27-2005, 06:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Thank you for a to-be-AWESOME weekend Talyns

I'm one of your quiet fans, using your UI since I found it.

Imagine my surprise, that the stat bars are fixed and even better....

THE TRADESKILL WINDOWS are MODDED!!!

I'm thrilled to no end today - boss let us out early and I have all weekend to play this totally addictive game with an awesome UI.

So thank you for staying up late (I saw the timestamp last modified) and making this UI even better.

I only wish I had the time to play with the UI but this damn game called EQ2 keeps pulling me away from the books.

Wish I had something more then just "Thanks" but for now that's all I have, unless you are on Najena.... then we can talk.
Unread 05-27-2005, 09:24 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk

not working for me either...if you're wanting something to fill the space, would love a clock with real and game time, the one i use functions okay, but is cut off due to, i think, a conflict of fonts. Can't say thanks enough Talyns, this is by far the spiffiest UI out there. Husband wishes it worked better with his 1024x768 resolution(neener neener)
Unread 05-29-2005, 11:04 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

found another issue...have a line going thru the middle of my guild window (seems to have plunked the new "privacy" function in the middle of my window with a line going across it), not sure if it's me, UI or Sony and not sure whether you'll be able to address it since you're unguilded, thus far it is really more cosmetic than anything else, the window still works completely and the check box for privacy command still functions correctly, soooo /shrug
Unread 06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Great UI, but found a bug

First let me say thanks. This is the UI mod I have taken as my own. The others are cool too but usually way too much un-needed junk. Yours is sleek and usable. Please keep keeping it simple.

I have found a bug however. When asking a guard to find an NPC the resulting dialog box is completely skewed and unusable. The text runs down over and through the input box and won't take input. My Res is 1024 x 768 so that might have some bearing on it. I know it wasn't designed for it. So far that is the only major problem I've found.

A request/suggestion...
A real/game time clock. Just a clock and nothing but a clock. I know what zone I'm in. I know what my class is. I don't need an icon and don't care what day or month it is. : )

Again, thanks for a job well done.

Lorian
31 Monk and 43 Warden on Faydark
Unread 06-05-2005, 06:49 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Lucan DLere
Thumbs Up Very impressed with your work

Your UI is by far my favorite (GRAY) but if u could possibly make the little things the FETISH UI has like the BROWSE in your house store so u can figure out at what price the ITEM you are selling cost. for exmample when u hit that button it looks in the MARKET for the item you are selling so u can compare and give the item a reasonable price, other things that i notice in the MARKET WINDOW the FIRST - BACK - NEXT buttons are quite small should make them a little more bigger and some other stuff the other UI's have but your UI is my favorite and i use it dispite those things i mention that are missing but would love to see them Thnx for a JOB WELL DONE!!!
Unread 06-08-2005, 06:41 PM
A Berserk Golem

love the UI. I know there the game was just patched but wanted to let you know of a few things i noticed. Of course journal window no works now. I noticed when I was examinit a far seas requitsion form, the choices to take quest or save weren't visiblt to me, but when i clicked on where it should be on the box it worked fine, now sure what the deal is there. I think that's all i saw in my brief moment on line. Thanks can't wait for an update love the UI
Unread 06-08-2005, 07:28 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasriel
love the UI. I know there the game was just patched but wanted to let you know of a few things i noticed. Of course journal window no works now. I noticed when I was examinit a far seas requitsion form, the choices to take quest or save weren't visiblt to me, but when i clicked on where it should be on the box it worked fine, now sure what the deal is there. I think that's all i saw in my brief moment on line. Thanks can't wait for an update love the UI
Also when you click on the Tablets II button the icons are there and the choices work but there is no text.
Feebb
Unread 06-08-2005, 08:20 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Sorry guys I will no longer be updating the UI.. I have decided to stop playing and paying for EQ2.. Any one can take the UI and do what they like with it..

Have fun everyone.. Always remember it's only a game and to play nice
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:30 PM
A Sea Turtle

Argh!

I had a feeling this was coming. We're losing a lot of really good UI modders, but since yours was the one I used the most, it's a particularly hard blow.

Thanks for all you've done Talyns, and good luck in whatever you choose to do next!
Unread 06-09-2005, 01:46 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default I was in a good mood too...

Now I'm depressed!

Sorry to see you go! I've been appreciating your hard work since the beginning and am really going to miss your Mods.

I'm going to do my best to keep using Tablets until they change to much and/or the fixes are over my head.

Well, good luck to you & safe travels.

//lollygagger
Befallen
Unread 06-09-2005, 02:07 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Oh no my favorite UI no more?

Im a great fan of your work Talyns but farewell and best of luck to you man...

Can somebody pick up were he left off dont let this awesome UI die!!!!
Zonx maybe you can pick up this wonderfull UI and make all your wonderful mods with it, If it is the will of Talyn

Do not type in all caps. Do not start spin-off threads with all-caps titles. Do not type in all caps without using punctuation. Do not make assumptions about other people in all caps without punctuation.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 06-09-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Unread 06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you and best of luck to you
Unread 06-09-2005, 10:44 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo! you can't go Tal! Default UI is teh suck and i will have to quit too or poke my eyes out, if i have to go back to using it!!!

Seriously tho, your work is the best and you will be greatly missed. Safe travels to ya, have a for the road!
Unread 06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Thats a bummer, now how am I going to base my UI off yours :P

guess its time to make all the fixes to the UI myself :/

All the tables people could ya know switch over to VertClassic ^_^

Unread 06-13-2005, 10:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default update

can someone take over this us and update it please I hate to see this great ui die
Unread 06-14-2005, 02:01 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Anyone Out There to Save Tablets UI?

This is too great a UI to let die.
Unread 06-30-2005, 05:54 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song
This is too great a UI to let die.
Is anyone actually looking at picking this up?

Sixes.
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:54 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest

look like 3 posts up at what findarato said

Quote:
guess its time to make all the fixes to the UI myself :/
So yay
Unrest

Berri D`Licious
Fae Conj
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:55 AM
A Griffon

Every change I do to my UI is 100% compatable with Tables 2, so as I keep VertClassic updated with new patches you can always just grab the newest RC, or beta and copy the new windows to your tables II folder. I make almost no changes to the actual code of the windows.

One thing I might note, grab out the font files that are included with my UI, I do change them a bit, and I am a HUGE fan of arial, so I tend to use that as much as I can. I also have created 3 versions of the 14 point font, a 12, a 13, and a bold 14. These help my UI a ton, and I have snuck them into the files every so often. Also the windows have their titles moved to the left, so they might not visually look the same as the rest of the windows, but they will work perfectly the same in this UI as they did in mine.

Unread 07-04-2005, 05:35 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Findarato,

It's great there is hope for us Tablets fans, but you could easily cover both of these UI's in one swoop.

Would you consider adding the tablets UI to your other UI download? Perhaps just adding a seperate folder inside your UI that says "Tabletsmod" or "Tablets". Then people who wished to have only the tablets look, could simply copy the contents from that included folder to the main directory and select "Yes to overwrite all", and bam, simple process.

Or something of the sort,.. You get my point, just to make it simple, and as if tablets does indeed live on. You would get a brand new "fan base" for your work, and I'm sure people would start snagging some things from Vert and mixing it, both now being your work. You, hereby, taking over Tablets makes it from here out your work because the author no longer supports it. Over time it totally becomes yours from the change, and as you base your own work from it's very structure it just seems like the most natural progression and practicle solution for all these Tablets users left in the dark now.

What do you say?

Take care,
Unread 07-04-2005, 12:31 PM
A Griffon

Hmm, nifty idea, I will give it a shot.

I think 90% of the work I did can be undone by just replacing graphics and a coupple xml files. You might run into a wee bit of an issue with new windows such as the skills window, which could end up looking a lot like ClassicVert

I will create a TabledII version of ClassicVert. Look for it in the comming days. Need to finalize some buggs in mine and you will see both comming very soon.

Unread 07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thank you so much! I knew it wouldn't be much, and you will be Praised by many

I'd start a new thread -- Vert & Tablets II -- So people know where to get them both

Let me know when you have it added for us "dummy's" so we can just copy the TabletsII folder over the vert part..

Also,, small things like a skill window or something isn't that big of a deal.

I never liked the tabletsII Targetting windows nor group windows.. so I use the "supersmallgroup window mod", and some target window that I dunno where I can find it again, but I just recopy it over everything I get.

The tablets was a bit hard to decipher, the colors made it hard to recognize health in raids and such.

Speaking of raids,.. God, if someone would redo a raid window.. Like make it half the size or smaller, I'd love you for it.

If you need help with anything, email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Unread 07-10-2005, 06:03 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Tablets II has been taking over by Findarato -- The new thread for all future updates is located Below:

Tablets II Thread (Click Me)

Last edited by Rapidfury : 07-10-2005 at 06:05 AM.