08-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
[Live] Update Notes - 8/10/2021
Toil and Trouble Game Update Notes:
In the Loping Plains' village of Somborn, a society of secretive witches and warlocks has opened a portal to the Erudin experimental labs of Vasty Deep, located somewhere within Ultera. The labs had long been a hidden temple for the amoral exploration of magic and science, mutation and intelligent design, often on living creatures and sometimes with monstrous results, even after Odus' displacement. Driven by their incessant desire to expand their mastery of the arcane, the Dreadfell Coven are on a quest for knowledge and items.
The enigmatic Dr. Arcana seeks capable adventurers to send into the labs on a mission of disruption and elimination: Survive the unnatural threats of the Labs, dispose of the witches and warlocks you meet, destroy their minions and twisted bodyguards, and claim what items of power or knowledge they sought.
- The loyalty merchants in Qeynos and Freeport have been updated. You will find that Noble Taig Rhul is selling several new items, Noble Tark Validus is selling a new appearance mount, and Noble Toowik Mclure has decided that he no longer wishes to sell outdated level 90 stat gear. Instead, appearance-only versions of his former gear offerings are now available, along with appearance-only crates of the level 85 heroic armor crates.
- Call to Home examine now shows which city you will be teleporting to.
- Master's Interpose - Ability description typo has been corrected.
- Bulwark of Order can no longer be blocked by no-beneficial effects on the caster.
- Bulwark of Order no longer has a power cost.
- Bulwark of Orderís base casting time has been reduced to 0.2 seconds.
- Aqueous Swarm IX will now summon a single pet that does three times the damage.
- Fixed a bug that made level 120 necromancer pets lose 25 fervor.
- Triumphs within raiding content for Reign of Shadows should now list the correct boss name instead of showing as "Unknown" once updated. The more you know!
- Your current house layout will auto-save whenever packing all of your house items. This layout can be loaded normally like other saved layouts.
- Crude Halas Bed - House item can now be properly stacked.
- Halas Double Bed - House item can now be properly stacked.
- Corrected a bug that caused Recuso Specialized Reconnaissance Helmet to lose several harvesting bonuses when they were moved onto a spell effect.
- The Scepters of Illumination and Shadows cannot be used against certain Public Quest and Heroic [Challenge] boss encounters.
- The Heart of Luclin will no longer require purchasing Fragment of Luclin to level, and will instead automatically level once you have earned enough Reign of Shadows Ethereal rewards. If purchased after a level threshold has been met, it will recalculate it's level the next time you receive any item, as long as you are in a Reign of Shadows zone, or a house or guildhall.
- Veilwalker's Energy Inverter should less likely be resisted.
- A button has been added above the preview UI that opens a separate window for previewing the selected item.
- A "Recent Purchases" category has been added to the Marketplace which will list the last 6 items you purchased (that are applicable). Does not include purchases before this update.
- When viewing items in the Marketplace, you should now be able to zoom in / out and move the preview up / down, similar to the Dressing Room preview window.
- UI can now be resized vertically to show more items.
- A lone crafter took a foray into dusty furniture vaults and found quite a few interesting items that had never been made available to Norrathian homeowners. Recipe books have been created for some of the more desirable items and have been released into the Marketplace. Check out the Forgotten Furniture scrolls in the in-game /marketplace for more information!
- Players who have requested access to the furniture recipes from past expansion pre-orders rejoice! You may now purchase the following recipe scrolls on the Marketplace: Dhalgar Home Builder's Kit, Deepwater Retreat Recipe Book, City of Mist Home Builder's Kit, Sprocket's Interlocking Plane Builder's Kit, Sanctus Seru Promenade Furniture Recipes, and Reign of Shadows: Furniture Recipes: Shar Vahl
- The mount window can now store 200 mounts.
REIGN OF SHADOWS ETHEREALS
- The Prince and I - Quest journal entry has been edited for clarity.
- Lost in the Forest - Freeport Militia patrol path is how highlighted on the Nektulos Forest map.
- Anas Mechanica Arcana - Adventurers who have destroyed the "Anas Mechanica Case" can now regain it by returning to Sergi Voobin.
- Relics for Elurad - Zone mentioned in the completed quest journal is now accurate.
- Due to an ongoing issue with the account wide currency system, the Reign of Shadows ethereals have been converted into an unlock system, meaning that once you have obtained the correct amount of the ethereal reward tracking account flag, you will be able to purchase that tier of reward without spending any ethereal currency. Since these flags were not tracked with membership doubling in mind, all of the required amounts for the ethereal wave one items have been halved. Going forward as of this update, all ethereal rewards will be tracked with membership doubling in mind.
- In progress research will now be paused if Membership lapses while researching a tier that requires it. It will continue where it left off when Membership becomes active again. Switching to a different spell to research while paused will still incur normal time penalties.
- Six red tradeskill collections have been added to Luclin overland zones. In order to spot these collections, players will need to have completed the appropriate expansion's tradeskill signature line. (BoL and RoS)
ZONES AND POPULATION
- Added a filter textbox to the Mission Timers in the journal to filter table by mission name.
- Completed quests can now be sorted in your journal.
- Solo and Heroic bosses that cap the amount of damage they can receive will now display this info on their buffs.
- Fixed a bug on solo bosses that could allow them to absorb all damage.
Shadeweaver's Thicket: Untamed Lands [All Versions]
- a Ry'Gorr grunt no longer acts as if chopping wood after being slain.
Savage Weald: Backwoods Brawl [Challenge]
- Goretilla should no longer be stuck with stacks of Silken Barrier after all of his shadeweaver silk strands are destroyed.
- The Desolator gains immunity to state effect (e.g. stun) while he is pathing towards portals.
Solusek's Eye: The Calling [Heroic]
- The minimum duration is now 3 days, as is the reset time for Midst Mission: Backwoods Brawl [Challenge].
Vex Thal: Labyrinth of Solace [Raid]
- The minimum duration is now 90 minutes.
Vex Thal: Den of Shadows [Heroic II]
- The spell "Shadow Scales" during the Xerkizh the Creator encounter has had the growth of it's power drain reduced to grow slower over time for each instance of the spell cast.
- The platforms used to remove the "Creation Reversal" curses during the Xerkizh the Creator encounter should no longer trap players for longer than it should after each event has completed.
Vex Thal: Edge of Oscuris [Challenge]
- Shade of Ssraeshza's combat mitigation has been reduced.
Vex Thal: Beyond the Veil [Challenge Raid]
- Atramonox's Ink Blot curse no longer drains health.
- Boss loot quality has been increased.
Vex Thal: Beyond the Veil [Raid]
- Delve into the realm of shadows where the darkness consumes all. Those loyal to Emperor Ssraeshza and his final grasp for power have come back to challenge any who dare return, Beyond the Veil. Attempt each of the encounters within Vex Thal: Beyond the Veil with an all new level of challenge and new spoils.
Temple of Rallos Zek: Foundations of Stone [Challenge]
- Emperor Ssraeshza will now part with a special item which might prove useful in getting passed his minions the next time you return to the zone. This new item will drop from both versions of the zone.
- Supreme Imperium Valdemar
- Construct of War adds have been reduced in health by 30%
- Flames of War adds have been reduced in health by 40%
- Enraged Flame of War adds have been reduced in health by 40%