Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default [DrumsUI] Info Center

[DrumsUI] Info Center - Support Thread

Please post here any issues you encounter using the Info Center, suggestions for information, information you would like to add, or anything else concerning the Info Center.

Download: Here

If you're using a UI that has the eq2ui.xml file you need to make sure that <include>eq2ui_custom.xml</include> is added to the list.

Quote:
Rebuilt from the ground-up, code wise, the updated Info Center is something I've been working with on and off for the past two months. I wanted to create a stable base-code that would be easy to modify, update, and maintain. I did away with a lot of extra, unnecessary code and tried to come up with the best way to display information through the Info Center.

Most of what you will find in this updated Info Center will be very similar to the previous versions. I've condensed the information into an amounts of tabs that seemed to work best overall. There is only ever one tree-view list on the side, rather than layers of nested lists. And, a new expanding tree-view is used on several tabs now (Quests, Writs, Epics and Tradeskills).
update-log
---------

2008.07.29 - v3
  • Changed "Close" button method (v3.3)
  • Cleaned up Heritage Quest guides, and some other minor text file tweaks (v3.2)
  • Close button fixed (v3.1)
  • Minimizing and maximizing the window will not disrupt where your scroll bar is at any longer
  • The way the window closed has been changed so that the window will not change your current page/tab
  • Code changes were made to allow data to be used in other windows (such as my Journal window)
  • InfoCenter/includes.xml now needs to be included in your eq2ui_custom.xml
---------

2008.07.05 - v2
  • The /DrumsUI/ folder is no longer part of this compilation. Hope it makes things easier!
  • This released adds a few updates to the Info Center:
    • Epic weapon guides for both Artisan and Adventurers.
    • Neriak and Gorowyn City Tasks information, as well at T8 writ information for all cities
    • a button in the EQ2 Startmenu, a minimize button on the window, and the ESC key is disabled
    • Lore & Legend quick list has been updated and now includes locations
  • Other small various updates/fixes/additions
    • TWIKIE button now displays the Index page, and the <Back button will show the Welcome page
---------

2008.02.26 - Initial Release
  • This first release includes all of what has been previously included in the Info Center. It has the T8 Spell Lists and the most recent TIWIKE update.
    • I've personally gone through and edited/touched up a Lot of the information included within the Info Center. There are still a lot of sections that I would like to go back over to format for best viewing.
    • All of the guides for current Heritages Quests are included, as well as the Cloak of Flames, all current Signature Quests, Prismatic series, Peacock Club series, Claymore series, and Swords of Destiny.
  • Coming for next major release...
    • Guides for the Epic Weapons, Writ information for T8
    • Any current missing/new information available since the RoK release
    • A button to minimize the Info Center and make use of the new window selector
---------

* A big thanks to DBurgdorf for originally creating the Info Center and helping out the community, gm9 for continual support towards updating information contained, mortis42 for the updated Swords of Destiny series, and Lodrelhai for the continual updates to the TIWKE section.

Feedback is welcomed!
I hope this new Info Center is a useful tool for everyone. I've put a lot of time into it.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-16-2010 at 06:38 AM.