EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 07-28-2019, 03:43 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Experience bar changes not staying

Hey all,

Just installed and loving it but one odd thing. I make changes to the experience bar, adding things like run speed, wisdom etc. When I log out and back in those changes are not saved. Any ideas? It seems to default back to a crafting setup.

Thanks!
Unread 07-28-2019, 04:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Each of the XP bars -- adventure, tradeskills, etc. -- has its own set of stats. You can scroll through them by clicking the gold gem on the left-hand side of the bars, or use the mouse wheel anywhere over the bars. See if you can find your changes on one of the other bars. If not, post again and we'll figure it out.

Unread 07-28-2019, 07:47 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

That worked, but it still seems to default to the harvesting toolbar even though I swap it. Is there a way to set to the main one, with Window manager etc?
Unread 07-28-2019, 08:25 PM
A Griffon

The XP pages you get when you log in to a particular character will be based on whichever XP bar was showing when you last logged out. The exception to this is the Guild XP bar. The Guild XP bar is a custom piece, so the game doesn't realize it exists. If you log out with that one showing, one of the other bars will appear the next time you log in with that character.

You have quite a bit of flexibility in how you set up the different parts of the XP bar. With the window manager open to the Experience window page, click the purple [?] in the upper right-hand corner for plenty of help and suggestions. In most cases you need to make a choice and save the setting so it will appear between logins.

Unread 08-02-2019, 03:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I am having this issue with on character only. The character's name has an umlaut in it (two dots above a letter).

Exp bar changes never save, but all other UI elements seem fine. And it's only happening on the character with the umlaut in it's name. Any fix/workaround?
Unread 08-02-2019, 04:16 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

Darq, I am still having issues like this (experience bar changes not sticking) on two characters - the two with non-English language letters. One has an acute accent, and the other an umlaut.

In addition, I cannot see or make changes to their bags in the utility - the page displays a message that uisettings do not exist for the character, although they certainly do.

Last edited by Rosyposy : 08-02-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Unread 08-03-2019, 08:24 AM
A Griffon

1. On the Settings page of the utility, under Startup actions, uncheck the box for "Generate default Experience Window stats for new characters."

2. On the Manage page, under Delete settings, there will probably be two listings for the character in question. Delete Experience window settings for the correct character name. Keep the odd-looking name.

3. Only make future XP bar changes for this character from the in-game window manager. Characters with ordinary names can be changed from either place.

Rosyposy -- for bag (bank, chat window and hotbar) profile viewers, the issue comes from how the uisettings file is named for characters with diacritics (which is out of my control). I may be able to do something with this on the next utility. I'll definitely look at it -- please check your messages periodically in case I need you to test something.

Unread 08-03-2019, 11:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
1. On the Settings page of the utility, under Startup actions, uncheck the box for "Generate default Experience Window stats for new characters."

2. On the Manage page, under Delete settings, there will probably be two listings for the character in question. Delete Experience window settings for the correct character name. Keep the odd-looking name.

3. Only make future XP bar changes for this character from the in-game window manager. Characters with ordinary names can be changed from either place.

Rosyposy -- for bag (bank, chat window and hotbar) profile viewers, the issue comes from how the uisettings file is named for characters with diacritics (which is out of my control). I may be able to do something with this on the next utility. I'll definitely look at it -- please check your messages periodically in case I need you to test something.

Following these steps partially helped. For example, the experience window settings I changed now are saved (tithe alert options). But the edits I made to the buttons on the left of the adventure experience bar (character, AA, Journal, etc) did not save.
Unread 08-03-2019, 05:17 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

I'll be checking my toons this afternoon, Darq... happy to help anytime!