EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > UI User Discussion

Unread 12-01-2018, 01:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Ability to kick group member

I recall years ago in standard UI, that there was an option for a group leader to kick a member. Been using DarqUI now for some time and I just noticed this am talking to a guildie who also is a user that there is no option that either of us can see in DarqUI for doing this. What are we missing?
Unread 12-01-2018, 01:23 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

I've only used the slash command: /kickfromgroup {player name}
Unread 12-01-2018, 02:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosyposy View Post
I've only used the slash command: /kickfromgroup {player name}
In days past, you could r/c on someone's name in group/raid window and there was an option to "kick." Odd that's disappeared for some reason.
Unread 12-01-2018, 06:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Since the new raise/lower options appeared in the Group window context menu it seems like some other commands may be missing. UI authors can't make changes to the context menus or else I'd add some things including kick.

Years ago I used another custom UI that had buttons right on the top surface to kick group from raid, kick member from group, leave group, etc. When I started raid tanking I was constantly fumbling the buttons and kicking groups, or dropping out of the raid accidentally. In frustration I figured out how to remove those buttons from the raid window, and that's how DarqUI got its start.

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Since the new raise/lower options appeared in the Group window context menu it seems like some other commands may be missing. UI authors can't make changes to the context menus or else I'd add some things including kick.

Years ago I used another custom UI that had buttons right on the top surface to kick group from raid, kick member from group, leave group, etc. When I started raid tanking I was constantly fumbling the buttons and kicking groups, or dropping out of the raid accidentally. In frustration I figured out how to remove those buttons from the raid window, and that's how DarqUI got its start.

The raid option to kick is still there. Was talking to someone earlier familiar with this and said that DBG/Sony removed the "kick" option because it was getting "abused" meaning people were arbitrarily kicking people out and they were complaining about it. IMHO, that needs to be reinstated as a group mechanic to dump people who go AFK or otherwise not contributing to the group.