Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2008, 02:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Autoattack timer

Hello there!

First off, I know nothing to little of how to create ui mods so therefore this request may be impossible or something somebody can throw together in 15 minutes, I don't know.

What I'd like is a small window that gets its information from the /weapon command, and shows (and more importantly count downs) the time in between autoattacks.

Visually I'm imagining something like a clock but with only one arm that rotates one full lap in the stated (by /weapon command) time in between autoattacks.

The "clock" should start when character start autoattacking and stop when character stops. Also it needs to update if you swap weapon or any other effect happens that would alter the autoattack time.

As I said I have no idea what so ever if this is even possible to do or how insurmountable it'd be if it is possible, but one thing is sure; I'm confident that it'd be greatly appreciated by many.

/Beric - Runnyeye

Last edited by Seddok : 06-06-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

This has been asked a few times before, and is currently not possible to do through the UI.

Here's a good thread on it:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10616

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 06-06-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok and thanks for replying.

Still, if someone can explein to me (like to a retard I suppose) why the ui can't gather information from a game supported command... seems to me that's information that's readily updated. The timer thing would be a stand alone feature that operates solely on the numbers you'd get from the /Weapon command..
Anyhow, thanks again for the reply.

/Beric - Runnyeye
Unread 06-08-2008, 02:26 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The UI doesn't really directly read anything from the chat window, and would not know when you make a swing with your weapon. So it wouldn't know when to start counting down.
Unread 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest
Default Melle Swing Auto Calculator

What I want to see is the following if possible In a window that stays on top and is lockable.
I need decent sized numbers.
Also, 4 input boxs that allows a person to enter 4 different numbers that will be used within the calculation.
If this is not possible place .5 where the variables are requested.
These variables will be referred to as Custom_Variable_1, Custom_Variable_2, Custom_Variable_3 and Custom_Variable_4 throughout this document

All other variables are usable within eq2.

The variables that will be requires are the following

DynamicData Stats.Spell_Cast_Percent
DynamicData Stats.Spell_Recovery_Percent
DynamicData Stats.Primary_Delay
DynamicData Stats.Secondary_Delay
DynamicData Stats.Ranged_Delay

The Formula for the three display texts are

Primary_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_1 - (Custom_Variable_1 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_2 - (Custom_Variable_2 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

Secondary_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_1 - (Custom_Variable_1 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_2 - (Custom_Variable_2 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

Ranged_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_3 - (Custom_Variable_3 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_4 - (Custom_Variable_4 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

If its simpler to save processing cycles by figuring out the default the (( Custom_Variable_1 - Spell_Cast_Percent) + ( Custom_Variable_2 - Spell_Recovery_Percent)) section and reusing it 2 times then that would be preferrable.

Thank you,

Devastatin
Webmaster of EQ2LLinks.com

And yes. i know i mispelled Melee

Last edited by Jida : 06-27-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Fixed Formulas
Unread 06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
A Berserk Golem

Since this was moved, i assume its buried.

I will try my best to figure out how to do simple math and create a window.

Thanks.

Unread 06-27-2008, 09:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Not burying, just moving it to the correct subforum and merging it with a recent similar topic. If I had wanted to bury it, I'd simply have locked or deleted it.

As discussed in the threads linked above, the main problem is not the math, it's the fact that the UI can't know when you swing.

If you only want the number and nothing else that's doable. Math may be a problem with the first two DynamicData items if they are just strings, but I don't know whether they are without testing. Of course you can just have the user enter them as well.
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM
A Berserk Golem

I will figure out when I swing., this will tell me how many combat arts i can fit in without interfering with my swing.

And yes, I only want the 3 numbers.. I care about nothing else.

Trust me, once explained, this will be a big improvement for A LOT of Melee dps.. ESP rouges and preds.

Also, I don't know how 'flushed out' math is inside the interface, the formulas may be a little more complex than displayed.

for example

Primary_Delay = 4
Custom_Variable_1 = .5
Custom_Variable_2 = .5
Spell_Cast_Percent = 33
Spell_Recovery_Percent = 33

Primary_Delay / ((( Custom_Variable_1 - (Custom_Variable_1 * Spell_Cast_Percent * 0.01))) + (( Custom_Variable_2 - (Custom_Variable_2 * Spell_Recovery_Percent * 0.01))))

4 / (((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))) + ((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))))

Which Equals 5.97

Which means I can get 6 combat arts off and will only delay my auto attack fireing by .03 seconds

Now the problem that I have is that my Primary_Delay, Spell_Cast_Percent and Spell_Recovery_Percent all fluxuate during raid. Espcially hasted weapon delay.

For example, if i just increase my haste (therefore decreasing my auto attack delay) then change my Primary_Delay = 2.6 seconds

2.6 / (((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))) + ((0.5-(0.5*33*0.01))))

Which Equals 3.88 seconds

What if a monk Joins the raid and changes my Spell_Cast_Precent a little bit...

You can see where I'm going with this. It is very difficult to figure all of this out on the fly.

Last edited by Jida : 06-27-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Fixed reasoning
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No problem then. What are the four values you want the user to enter (sorry, I didn't play melee) so they can be properly labeled? If those are going to be static values you'll probably want them to be preconfigurable in a file so the user doesn't have to enter them on ever login.
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Do you have any plans to add this to the tank side of the game? I would love to have this for my monk
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
A Berserk Golem

OK i did what you said, had to make a customui folder and added the part into that default file (i put it in after the first line) and then copied it over to the folder. Hcanged my eq2.ini to point to customui. and The bar came up. But there is no bar going across, counting down for me.
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
A Berserk Golem

Attack something instead of just having ranged attack on.

That might help?
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:01 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
To get auto attack misses to show you, you need to use a command, i believe its
/combatbubble_only_spell_misses 0

When i did that the auto attack misses started showing up, but they were grey instead of orange, and it looked like they had a shadowstyle heh.

And what I mean by B) is that if you watch the chat log, you get the auto attack message before the combat bubble actually appears (Some times). I've seen it take a full second before the combat bubble renders. So if you are running ACT and have the autoattack notification plug in running, you'll hear it fire before the combat bubble appears atleast half of the time.
I did not know there was combat bubbles commands. Please post more. I think I can make it filter misses as well though. What color are the misses?

For the other thing. I have no clue how to fix that problem. I don't control when the bubbles render, and how they render. Shoot if you have an idea..because I sure don't. It could also be latency. Disable my mod and see if it still happens.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-24-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
Just make the last little section of the bar red.. like the last 5% of the 100%.

That will take into account bubble lag.

Maybe. We'll see
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Problem with the autoattacktimer-progressbar

Hallo mighty handlers of code and numbers,

since I've started reading this thread i'm more then impressed with all the thoughts and trys going on.
So I thought it would a good idea to give this auto-attack-timer a try for my chars. I installed the xml-file and all is going very well except one problem: The progressbar never reaches the full length of the window. It resets by approximately 10% of the length. It resets correctly, when it is supposed to do so, but it has only reached a tenth of his length.
Is came to my mind, that I also had a very similar problem with the original autoattack-calc-window, which is now part of the profitUI. It shows the value of the weapondelay always as ten times the real delay. So I see a 40, there I should see a 4. This is true for meele and ranged delay.
I'm a complete noob in terms of coding and UI-modding, so the only explanation to me could be, that I'm playing with the german version/client of EQ2. Maybe that this gives you guys a hint for a possible solution for this problem. I would love to use the autoattacktimer, because I think it's a huge help for a better timing in fights.
So long and keep up the good work,

Dionys
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
A man among men

I've concluded that when you enable misses, it turns on misses for you and your enemy. This is bad because the enemy's misses are the same color and shadowstyle as your misses.

Is there any way to do this without using combat bubbles??
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:38 PM
A Berserk Golem

What version are you using?

There are MANY different flavors in this thread and it sounds like your using an older version before the shadow styles are fixed.

I would suggest going backwards in time from the last post until you find one, then you are for sure to get the best version of code.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysrothaar View Post
Is came to my mind, that I also had a very similar problem with the original autoattack-calc-window, which is now part of the profitUI. It shows the value of the weapondelay always as ten times the real delay. So I see a 40, there I should see a 4. This is true for meele and ranged delay.
I'm a complete noob in terms of coding and UI-modding, so the only explanation to me could be, that I'm playing with the german version/client of EQ2.
Confirmed, the German server uses a comma instead of a point as a decimal separator, but scripts do not recognize the comma as such. I'll update the ProfitUI window to deal with that. You'll have to take it into account for the timer window here as well though.
Unread 11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
Attack something instead of just having ranged attack on.

That might help?
I was. useful talking only please.

Need help on how to get it show, posted screen shot. was killing training dummy.

Last edited by speedycerv : 11-24-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Ok, now this is going a bit beyond simply using the interface, but it could be accomplished as follows.

You'd need a chat window with 2 tabs, one tab that contains your outgoing damage, and one tab that is a custom channel.

In the Chat Tab you'd need a custom script that triggers when a line of text is added, the script would issue a dofilecommand command, pointing a file that is created by ACT.

In ACT you'd need to create a custom plugin that reads your combat log and outputs a word to a file if the last line read is an autoattack, or clear the file if its not. The file would be something like /1 Attack

Back in EQ2, on your tab that contains the /1 channel, you'd need to put your autoattack bar trigger script in there, to fire whenever a line is added to the window.

I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts, so I know that sounds confusing. Maybe someone else can word it better
Closed Thread