EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-13-2010, 02:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default How to reset UI to default? *Update* No grahpics in windowed mode, only full screen

I was messing around with my UI and now it has disappeared on screen! I have video of the game but it's completely blank of any UI blocks... anything. If someone could give me instructions on how to post / link to a screen shot to help explain the problems that would be great!! Help!!!

Last edited by oceeye : 10-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Press f10 one more time.

Silat
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
A Brown Bear

That's just it though. I pressed F10 and no changes. There are no graphics displaying at all regardless of how many times I press F10. I log out / in and there are no graphics with the character select screen. I have deleted everything but my default UI folder but can't remember where the eq2.ini file is located.
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Update

I deleted everything down to just the Default UI. I reloaded and still no graphics. I then went to full screen and there they were!! All graphics back and back to default UI. But as soon as it's windowed down, everything disappears again - no graphics... WTH?
Unread 10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The SoE forums have a long topic on this. Don't remember the title of it though. You are not the only one with the issue however and it is not UI related.

Silat
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
A Brown Bear

I'm looking on there now but can't seem to find the thread. Can you point me to a specific forum?
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=487436

This is the only thread I could find at the moment. I know there is a better one but soe's search returns too many irrelevent threads.

Silat
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceeye View Post
I deleted everything down to just the Default UI. I reloaded and still no graphics. I then went to full screen and there they were!! All graphics back and back to default UI. But as soon as it's windowed down, everything disappears again - no graphics... WTH?

First, there is never any need to delete UI folders or contents. 2nd, deleting eq2.ini may fix your issue, may not. 3rd, test settings on a 2nd character by using the /loadui and /load_uisettings commands and do some thoughtful research best posting. Lastly, stay calm, it all can be fixed, if you cant - stop trying to install 15thousand custom UIs!

Last edited by Zatris : 10-13-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: eq2.ini is in .../sony/everquest2 folder not the ui folder
Unread 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the link. Now I know I'm not the only one having these issues. It's frustrating but at least it's playable right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatris View Post
First, there is never any need to delete UI folders or contents. 2nd, deleting eq2.ini may fix your issue, may not. 3rd, test settings on a 2nd character by using the /loadui and /load_uisettings commands and do some thoughtful research best posting. Lastly, stay calm, it all can be fixed, if you cant - stop trying to install 15thousand custom UIs!

My actions of deleting the UI folder and the eq2.ini file did come from thoughtful research from these very forums. The result from doing this did confirm for me that it's an issue on SOE side and not a problem with the default UI I was running. Not quite sure where in all of this I implied I had "15 thousand custom UIs" installed. Thanks for all the help though.

Last edited by oceeye : 10-14-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Fix quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 08:42 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

Sorry for the bad humor there, the 15,000 UIs stemmed from a conversation earlier that day and I thought it was funny, but I guess its one of those "you had to be there.." things. I dont delete anything, I move and rename folders and files instead in the search for issues, even if its one file at a time. Glad things are working for you at this time, please post when you find out what caused this issue and what the fix was when you find out.