EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-20-2005, 08:00 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Like some kind of frame/background, yups I know what you mean

So does that last target window I posted work properly now then?
Unread 07-21-2005, 12:33 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

yes, i will post a screenshot of what i use tomorrow

its basically just 2 small, thin lines with the basic info needed

and im using an exp bar that i picked up here somewhere, only cause the one i wanted was never worked out

but i use this UI everyday, since you made it
Unread 07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I was thinking about checking out some different player windows, but the conc gems in the group window would then be somewhat redundant. Removing them from the grp window seems like such a simple change, I wish I knew xml . I still really like your group window better than all the others available, so I'm sure i'll keep using it regardless.
Good to see you're still enjoying it laotin . Maybe one day I'll dream up a custom UI and crack the whip on some poor, unsuspecting mod to get it done for me
Unread 07-22-2005, 12:57 AM
A Sea Turtle

trust me, i know what you mean, if i knew XML as well as the guys here that make these UI's i would have had what i wanted long ago........i think

/sigh but SOE made it just confusing enough to keep us noobs from messing it up by playing with it

ya know, with guildwar's UI you can resize and move everything, its great. no code, no weird anything. the only thing is its very limited

i wish EQ was like that, wish they had a point and click, see changes as you go type UI......reshape windows, resize, recolor, move, draw shapes on the screen and put stuff into them, etc

.........wait, this is SOE i'm talking about......pls they would never come up with something so cool and simple to customize
Unread 07-22-2005, 01:17 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Najena
Default cool

I just wanted to say I play healer too, and this is the first dashboard type UI I'd actually use. Good ideas and work goin on Hope you guys keep workin on this looks awesome hehe.

Euda
Long retired enchanter of Luclin.
Unread 07-22-2005, 03:28 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by laotin
trust me, i know what you mean, if i knew XML as well as the guys here that make these UI's i would have had what i wanted long ago........i think

/sigh but SOE made it just confusing enough to keep us noobs from messing it up by playing with it

ya know, with guildwar's UI you can resize and move everything, its great. no code, no weird anything. the only thing is its very limited

i wish EQ was like that, wish they had a point and click, see changes as you go type UI......reshape windows, resize, recolor, move, draw shapes on the screen and put stuff into them, etc

.........wait, this is SOE i'm talking about......pls they would never come up with something so cool and simple to customize
That do its called the UIBuilder, all though its not all point and click its close. You can resize move things around with out knowing one thing about xml.
Unread 07-22-2005, 04:47 AM
A Sea Turtle

yeah Landiin I have tried to use it, its not as simple as you guys make it sound though lol

I guess I just haven't put the time needed into learning the program to get the desired results

I look at UI's like extreme and tyejae steel and others and scratch my head about how they make it look so cool when I open UI builder

How they draw everything to give a total feel and look is what I crave, the functions I want with a flare and style that makes it look like more than just a bunch of resized, reworked windows

BTW, cool signature does that update automatically when you get new gear, etc? or is it set, fixed values? and where did you get that, looks really cool
Unread 07-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by laotin

BTW, cool signature does that update automatically when you get new gear, etc? or is it set, fixed values? and where did you get that, looks really cool
It update when ever soe updates the char profiles, Its dynamic from Toran's player profile at eq2players.com
Unread 07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Well before I found the eq1 sister site to this I knew nothing about how SoE coded stuff.... With the help of Lodi Dodi I managed to place some stats into one of his windows for my own use and some other bits and bobs... Then when I started playing Eq2 well the defauly UI just sucked so bad I had to do somthing about it... I started off using Nedra's UI and kept on loading up the UI builder to look more closely at stuff changed a few values etc..... Just trial and error realy and the UI builder was still confusing to me..... Then one day the penny just dropped!!

Yes I do have a background in programming.... But I find it is of little use here apart from helping with an understanding of the basics, So if you put a bit of time in each day you will learn bud....

Hell I am a long long way off from being an expert lol, But I get by