EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 04-01-2005, 09:12 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default Target Window Mod

OK. I am officially asking/requesting help in this thread, cuz I haven't figured the durned thing out mahself.

Laffs mentioned in my thread inside XML help that it might be possible to change the target indicator (for the detailed version) so that it shows up on the left or right of the target name, instead of above or below. I am fine with horizontal shift, but vertical shift is a NO-NO. Anyway, would appreciate it if someone could figure it out for me. Thanks.

Darrin
Unread 04-01-2005, 12:21 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Post your target and implied target windows here and I will swap the teir indicators round for you.
Unread 04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Post your target and implied target windows here and I will swap the teir indicators round for you.
Sure sure. Do it as soon as I figure out how. Gotta be a sticky or something that I hafta read in order to learn. Blargs! Too much learning!

Edit: Duh! It's just an attachment!. How silly of me. You will find my target and implied target windows attached. Bonjour!

Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-01-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
A Griffon

Look down the page when you get the reply screen up its a button called <manage attachments>
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:11 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Default how 'bout the details?

Quote:

Your quality of service is through the roof laffs, but there are those of us (/raisehand) who would like to know what magic you're working. Would you mind explaining how you're going to do this? I've been wrestling with the tier indicator for weeks now (even asked in game and the only response I got was "its complicated.")

Thanks!
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
A Griffon

Lol thank you....

Well heres the plan !
(I am sure I posted this somplace else, but nvm here go's)

Have you noticed that the Target name and the Tier indicator just seem to switch places when you have a down arrow mob targeted..

So plan is to horizontal {Tier Indicator} / {Target Name}

when its a down arrow con they (should) just switch places,

Never realy thought about it, Have you tried this already likes, If so is this the case?
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
A Griffon

Default Yeah, I'm a dork!

Two things.

1. I was in the process of editing my previous post with BOTH attachments with the two of you made the comment. So they are there.

2. I just noticed, in the banner ad at the top of the page, the Overlords bad eye rolls around in his head righ after the first "zoom" to his face. Quite disgusting, but totally cool. The fact that it actually makes my stomach lurch when I see it is most satisfying because of the (digital) reality of it.

Heh.
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
A Griffon

Oh. I ganked the background from Zonk's Fetish Turbo XP Bar, so if it shows up all funky (or not at all) don't worry, it works here at home.

D
Unread 04-01-2005, 05:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoz
Your quality of service is through the roof laffs, but there are those of us (/raisehand) who would like to know what magic you're working. Would you mind explaining how you're going to do this? I've been wrestling with the tier indicator for weeks now (even asked in game and the only response I got was "its complicated.")

Thanks!

Oks lol, so I was wrong they dont switch positions like they seem to, the tier indicator moves itself to where the target name is and pushes target name up or down acordingly, and I have been through all the settings to try and stop this but it wont hehe, it dont matter where the hell you put the tier ind it still jumps in and kicks the target name outta the way to make room lol...

(20 mins later, Didnt post this as I had a new idea)

Well I have failed 50% (see screenshot below,yes its all out of line,but was good enough for testing) I have managed to get teir to the left BUT you loose the con color info , And thats no good........

As a thought about "pushing" data any of you guys in here think it could be possible to do that to get the con color's back?, If so how? (I know very little about pushing data in here, so like I say just a thought)

*EDIT*
As a note to this I can "clean up" the Target window to shift and show the teir indicator and target name better, but on a vertical axis , If that will help any, Coz if the push data thing is a no go then I dont see anyother way to do this, Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	2188  

Last edited by Laffs : 04-01-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 05:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Oks lol, so I was wrong they dont switch positions like they seem to, the tier indicator moves itself to where the target name is and pushes target name up or down acordingly, and I have been through all the settings to try and stop this but it wont hehe, it dont matter where the hell you put the tier ind it still jumps in and kicks the target name outta the way to make room lol...

(20 mins later, Didnt post this as I had a new idea)

Well I have failed 50% (see screenshot below,yes its all out of line,but was good enough for testing) I have managed to get teir to the left BUT you loose the con color info , And thats no good........

As a thought about "pushing" data any of you guys in here think it could be possible to do that to get the con color's back?, If so how? (I know very little about pushing data in here, so like I say just a thought)

Laffs. You. Are. A. (cool) GOD
Seeing that made me so ecstatic (sp) I almost cried. ROFL. Anyway, don't worry about positioning THAT part any more. I can move the level to the left outside the HP bar, which would work cool, cuz thats where I put my tier indicators (for v1). As for the con color, maybe it can be forced into the level indicator? Just a thought.

Thanks for the updates!!!!

D

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 04-02-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 06:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffs
*EDIT*
As a note to this I can "clean up" the Target window to shift and show the teir indicator and target name better, but on a vertical axis , If that will help any, Coz if the push data thing is a no go then I dont see anyother way to do this, Sorry
The Tier Indicator is fine where it is, along with the target name, although it *could* be to the left a bit more. I had just the numerical level of the target (because thats how sunthas had it) right where the TI is now, but I also noticed that there is a "level 15" to the right of the target, where there never was before (it said heroic, epic, etc) AAAAND, My eyes may be fooling me, but it *looks* like the "Level 15" is green. Were you by chance targeting a green-con? Just a guess. It might also be grey, which if you were targeting a grey-con. As long as SOMETHING reads the target con level, I dont care if the name does. Does the KoS outline still work? because that IS kinda important.

You can leave it like it is for now. If there is a way to fix the color that we find about later, great. If not, no big deal. I almost always look at the target anyway,and their name still shows con, correct?

74ff5 is 733+ (Ok, so I cant write leet well. guess im not leet enuff)
[Laffs is leet]

D
Unread 04-01-2005, 07:17 PM
A Griffon

Lmao...

Well I did find a way to get the teir indicator to show the con color by using a dummy "target page" but when the target has no up or down arrows it will show up as gray as there is no teir indicator to show otherwise

So what you would have is,

Up arrow con , you have the color on the teir
down arrow con, you have color on the teir
No arrow con's green, white, yellow whatever the name will always be gray.

I think the best way is for me to make that window fit it in on the vert plane, that way you will always know what the con is.... but it will shift up and down but at least you can see it

EDIT

Btw .. the mob in the screenshot was RED ^^ lol

EDIT 2

Lol i been working with V0

Last edited by Laffs : 04-01-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
A Griffon

Hmmm. *thinks*

1. v0 is what I been wanting you to work with, as v1 gives seperate tier indicator icons for the various "weak" "heroic" etc tiers.

2. The main reason why "we" have a target window is *at least i think* to have a bice big visual display of their HP as it drops! OK, maybe thats not the *main* reason, but it is for me. */edit* Since the game gives you Big Arrows and Target Circles that show the color also, The *color* of the name makes it even less important.

3. You didnt answer my question as to whether it showed the KoS redoutline or not.

Anyway, just gimme watcha got for now, without the changes for *vertical shift* I'll load them into my /ui/test folder. I have two, heh, one for the final good WORKING stuff, and one for "test" stuff.

Maybe with watcha got I might have a stroke of genous and figure out a way to show the /con color. [not likely, but hey, ANYTHING can happen]

Much obliged,
Darrin.

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-01-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 11:33 PM
A Griffon

Good thing I loaded those up here, cuz I almost lost them. I was browsing around, and I thought I'd try Cryo's Moab 2.2 just to look at is and see what was all that different. Even though I extracted into my alternate folder, it saved to my LIVE folder. Not only did I lose my two target windows, I lost my Player window. /cry

At least I was able to get my target windows back. I guess I'm gonna hafta redo all that work that I put into my plaer window, cuz it is GOOONE.

*cry*

D

/edit
PS: I did notice after some fooling around with my target windows that the "info" text still shows heroic (and I would assume epic) TEXT about the mob. And even though I dont have a target indicator in the same page as my target, I still got the cons and the redoutlines and stuff. I just cant seem to make any arrows show. Heh

You get the arrows and incorrect cons. I get the con colors, but no arrows. ARG. Wierd. Gonna keep fiddlin though.

If nothin works out, then I *suppose* I'll take the re-tread you make allowing for vertical shift. I would still like to *try* the tweak you've done so far.

Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-02-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

OKs I will dig out the one I sent a screenshot of, If I cant find it / deleted it lol , I remember what I did to get it to do that so I will redo it and post it back here..

Let me know if and when you want the cleaned up vertical shift one..

Unread 04-02-2005, 11:46 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
OKs I will dig out the one I sent a screenshot of, If I cant find it / deleted it lol , I remember what I did to get it to do that so I will redo it and post it back here..

Let me know if and when you want the cleaned up vertical shift one..

Sweet!, you roxxorz!!

*sits (restlessly) at his computer, waiting (im)patiently for his tweaked mod*
*taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap*

Darrin
Unread 04-02-2005, 02:29 PM
A Griffon

Lol,

I placed the name on a new page, and thats what stops the teir ind messing with it but it also stops the con color from working... So the teir ind must get its color info based on the name color....
Maybe if there was a way to "hook" the name back up with that color info where it is now then it would work?

I have also tried using a dummy name......... Hold on I havent tried the dummy name in this set up I dont recall .... Hmmm going to try that now

Heres the file anyways for now

Edit..

I have managed to get the teir ind to show the con color now, but still not the name... Ran out of ideas at the moment to try
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (6.7 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 04-02-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Unread 04-02-2005, 03:31 PM
A Griffon

Though I would let you know, if it is a group encounter it also displays ConColor via the 'group' textbox.

I actually did almost the same thing as you. I created a new page and moved the TI and a copy of the target name into it, then adjusted it so that the target was just offscreen (hopefully forcing the TI to show) I didnt get a TI to show, but I didnt lose color to target name either. It seems that the target looses its color if its in another page. That might not totally be true.
Because the dummy target (the little hidden one) is one rung left on the ladder, it takes priority? Even so, should the Level be showing the target color also. Thats what the Dynamic Data notes say when I look at them.

Right im creating two v0 directories, one has just the target name, the other has the rest of the stuff. Maybe they will parse together?

*five minute pause*

Nope that didn't work. Something just occured to me though. I had the level inside another page for no reason (dont ask me, I got it from Sunthas :P) I am thinking that maybe inside the main v0 folder/page/doohicky* that I will get target color. HMMMM... Testing now.

Yeah that does not seem to work either. However, I just thought of something ELSE. This thought uses v1, --- h o w e v e r --- since the tier indicators for v1 have a sperate image/icon thingy for each... would it be possible to craft a v1 target system that LOOKS like v0 ? SO we would have a pic or whatever that represents each weak, average, heroic, etc on up, loookin like v0. Im not sure if I wanna do that even. Just a thought.

Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-02-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Unread 04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
A Griffon

I have tried loads of combinations / settings lol .... my dummy target name is actualy still in the window its got to be for the teir ind to show, but its so thin you cant see it , I even put the dynamic data on the page as well but no luck with that....

Let me know what you find with yours as there has gotta be a way round this
Unread 04-02-2005, 05:15 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

With the next patch they're making it so Info always has text on it ("Level 16" instead of just blank for solo encounters), so it might be possible to extract the color from that using an OnShow script.
Unread 04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I have tried loads of combinations / settings lol .... my dummy target name is actualy still in the window its got to be for the teir ind to show, but its so thin you cant see it , I even put the dynamic data on the page as well but no luck with that....

Let me know what you find with yours as there has gotta be a way round this
HEHHEHEHE. This thing has got me so stumped, its like impossible. Makes me wanna break this code!! LOL
Unread 04-02-2005, 05:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
With the next patch they're making it so Info always has text on it ("Level 16" instead of just blank for solo encounters), so it might be possible to extract the color from that using an OnShow script.
Hmmm... How would OnShow work. I havent quite understood those yet.
This is supposed to happen at patch 6? How many days away is that. LOL.

*waits impatiently* is it here yet?!

D
Unread 04-02-2005, 05:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Hmmm... How would OnShow work. I havent quite understood those yet.
This is supposed to happen at patch 6? How many days away is that. LOL.

*waits impatiently* is it here yet?!

D
OnShow lets you set an action when the window first loads up or is toggled on...

sounds like next patch we got somthing else to mess about with to try and get this working lol
Unread 04-02-2005, 05:49 PM
A Griffon

Soooooo.... lemme see... OnShow is basically ... When Z_Window shows (pops) up, yank Y_data from X_page and show it on W_page? *pretends he can talk "script" *
Unread 04-02-2005, 07:34 PM
A Griffon

Laffs, ya think you could work out the vertical clean-up so I have something to get by with until patch comes out? I'll go ahead and save the one i'm using in another spot as well, so you won't hafta do it all over again.

D