EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Now in Default UI w/ GU51: Not possible: Hate List/Hate Meter/Aggro List/Aggro Meter

Is there a way to come up with a window which can be used to keep constant track of who in the group is on a mobs hate list, as well as the numbers used to generate hate list priority?

Arre with a smile
Unread 12-12-2005, 08:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Nope. Would be interesting to have, but the devs would have to make that information available to us to be able to use.
Unread 05-29-2006, 08:56 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Agro Monitor??

Playing a wizard is great fun. The only time I have problems is when I pull to much agro (easy to do ). Yes I know, I could slow down my casting or cast some agro debuffs, but what I really want is to be able to nuke like hell until I see that I'm about to get agro. Can you develop a way to see some sort of an agro counter. Hopefully it would be a list of say the top 4 or 5 and a number display for the agro. Even better if you can fit it into the group window showing the agro attained by each member.

Just an Idea,
Silasp
Unread 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

You're pretty much looking for a way to take a peek in their head and be able to see the mob's hate list, and I'm almost positive that's something that is not transmitted to us via the client.

The best advice would be to know your spells and get a feel for the people you group with to see how fast they can generate agro and/or get it back if they lose it.

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Lazaru5 is correct, this can't be done in EQ2, as they don't send ANY aggro info to clients.

You just need to learn how to play your class, and slow down accordingly - or, keep unloading at max speed and just accept all the deaths you'll get
Unread 05-29-2006, 06:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Client maybe dont give that info but making a thing like that should be "pretty easy" anyway, parsers deal with that all the time, but doing so without breaking the eula is more uncertain.

Maybe by using the same solution parsers do with a group or raidsay.

I belive 1 damage is same as 1 agro so all you need to know is a "max/you" and when the difference between them are smaller than expected damage from a spell, dont cast it

Personaly I wouldnt use a mod like that, my healer would be depressed getting spammed with "Current mob status 3099/23

Honestly, I dont have a clue, but I found it better to try inspire someone who maybe does, than seing the obstacles

Regards
Unread 05-29-2006, 09:40 PM
A Griffon

But here's the thing - parsers can't access exact threat numbers on ANY aggro generating ability.

You can use a DPS parser to judge how much damage you're doing, and try to balance that, but it would be impossible to compare your damage amount to how much the tank is taunting.

You don't get a message like "Tank taunts Creature X for 1400 threat", but merely something like "Creature X is enraged" or the like.

You can NOT get any sort of aggro meter that would be at all reliable. The best you can do is just learn how to control your own aggro.
Unread 05-29-2006, 11:13 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Parsers also don't know what agro modifiers are on each person dealing dmg or what their proxcimity agro is.
Unread 05-30-2006, 02:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Parsers also don't know what agro modifiers are on each person dealing dmg or what their proxcimity agro is.
Exactly. There's just too many unknowns to do this.
Unread 08-28-2006, 11:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hate Meter?

Hey guys. Here would be a really awesome Idea for eq2. Ya know how a tanks taunts are like (Increases hate gain of caster by 1742-3678)? Well there has to be somewhere that that hate gain is tracked. I have a lvl 70 wizard and I almost always pull aggro off the tank when I cast even my little spells (which do damage in the area of 1500. My big hitters do damage at like 14,000! ) Even Rescue sometimes doesnt get the aggro off me. I was just wondering if that number of hate that you generated is tracked anywhere. If so can anyone please come up with like a small bar graph of something like that showing the hate gain of the group members and what they generate on a real time basis? That would help tanks know who to rescue (instead of wasting rescue on someone that doesnt need it) and it would help casters such as myself reduce the aggro we generate. Thanks!

Volder-lvl 70 Wizard (Blackburrow Server)
Avati-lvl 50 Inquisitor (Blackburrow Server)
Avitar-lvl 32 Conjuror (Blackburrow Server)
Unread 08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lucan DLere

AFAIK this data is not exposed, so it cannot be done.
Unread 08-28-2006, 06:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Do we know how much hate per spell? Could you create a counter that logs how many times you cast a spell/ how much hate is generated by that spell.
Or is it simply a display only thing in eq2 ui's?
Unread 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volder
I have a lvl 70 wizard and I almost always pull aggro off the tank when I cast even my little spells
Sounds like either the tanks you play with don't do their job (keep aggro) or your're not letting them do it (shooting your spells off before they even have a chance to build the aggro)!

As far as the subject at hand is concerned, I also don't believe there is any way to determine a numeric value for the aggro any given spell generates.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default RE: Hate Meter

In theory this is a good idea, will show you how much hate you are gaining per spell cast and such. However, there are other variables to take into account:

1. The amount of hate generated by each spell.
2. The amount of hate taken away when taunt is used.
3. The amount of hate that is transfered when primary mob dies.

I don't think, right now, at least, that the numbers for these are visible within the client. So, while it is a good idea, perhaps too advanced at this time.

I would surmise, however, that would COULD create a hate meter that is 100% personal, ie, only dedicated to the spells YOU use, however, the meter would have to be able to distinguish between spell levels, and what exactly they hit for. Still, it would be mote w/o the amount of hate degridation for the tanks/ect.
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

IMHO this simply isn't possible at this time.

The 'hate' you generate isn't data thats exposed to you at this moment, and while in theory you might be able to get a number from some spells or something, I don't know how easy it would be to keep track of, especially considering hate-modifiers.
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Hate gain is not reported in any way, so its impossible to acurately total hate generated by other players. The best you could manage would be an external log pareser that totals dmg done and applies various modifiers for hate transfer buffs and such. Attempting this would be very tricky and would only guestimate actual hate.

There's absolutely no way to account for abilities that add hate independant of dmg done since hate gain isn't reported directly. For example, using taunt doesn't produce a log entry stating how much hate was gained. If taunt success is reported (I think it is?) an average number for that skill could be used for estimating, but it wouldn't be acurate.

Its also impossible to account for possitional hate.

Last edited by Zonx : 08-28-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Unread 08-28-2006, 11:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

Guys not sure if this helps or not...but heres a post on exactly how hate works

Dev's post about hate
Unread 08-29-2006, 04:48 AM
A Coastal Crab

No way to measure this, since the game does not report how much hate a taunt lands for, neither should it.
Unread 08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Yeah, I hate people who post things along the line of "learn to play your character", but I'm having trouble avoiding that phrase.

Really, you should have a feel for how much hate your character has, especially by late game. I've never played a game before where hate management was as much of a joke as it is in EQ2. A meter of some kind would just really make it silly IMO.

But that's just this crotchety old man's opinion.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 08-30-2006, 12:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cool

Hey guys. I understand what you are saying and to those of you who think i dont know how to play my toon at end game, I just wanted to politely clarify that I do. I understand the whole hate management and thought that it would just be helpful that if someone might be able to answer my question about this. As for those of you who say it is impossible, nobody knows if it is possible or not but SOE. I certainly havent seen the game code for this game and I know a lot of you out there have not. Maybe if we got on their case about this, the people who actually do things like make the game worse in some aspects of change like when they get rid of beneficial buffs and stuff perhaps do some good deeds instead of bad. It is just a question that I posed and was interested in the resonses I got. However I am going to try to post numerous entries in forums and such on SOE's sites to try and see if it can infact get done and if so can they do it.
Unread 08-30-2006, 03:16 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

To be clear Volder, it is impossible to get what you've ask for with the tools SOE has given us for interface modding.

Requests made on the EQ2Interface site are assumed to be for interface mods not server, client, or hacks that violate the EULA.

Of course SOE could enable this on their end, but this isn't the SOE Dev forums.

And yes its probably possible through other means (like hacking the data stream) but this isn't a hacker forum either
Unread 11-08-2006, 05:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Default a real challenge

Any way someone can incorperate 3 things into an interface . 1 a dps parser 2 a heal parser a mrthod of determining were people are on the hate list so illusionist can reduce the hate list of the squishies
Unread 11-08-2006, 05:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Default a real challenge

Any way someone can incorperate 3 things into an interface . 1 a dps parser 2 a heal parser a mrthod of determining were people are on the hate list so illusionist can reduce the hate list of the squishies
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Anything more than what ACT does (display via ingame HTML browser) violates the EULA.
Unread 11-08-2006, 10:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Splitpaw

So something like an "aggro-meter" would be illigal ?