EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-15-2006, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A eq2 (calulator)character builder

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone know if a character builder exists for eq2.. ?
I would love to have one to calulated my minium max stats and set out the path for my character.

If nothing like this is made, then I would like to hear if someone would be intressed in helping out with creating one..
To help show would I could see as a character builder I whipped up a small page which should help illustrate what i'm hoping to make..
Eq2 example builder
( A quick explanation of what this should/could do if finished. People type in the name of the character. Select a race and class and set their lvl. Then the page will update with the base stats at the top for this combination. Then you could type in what AA you have a stats at the top will update accordinly. Then equitment and other race traits ect. When everything is typed in then the player can see how close or far from the max in a stat he is and can the focus in getting that stat up.. This way a player can get a much easier overview of how "good" he is and avoid the need to calulate everything himself. ) If you don't understand this ask below and I will try and answer it.

I'm pretty much stuck at what I have there tho. I can create the page and set it up. However I still need to look into the forms since I just took some basic ones to use as a example and the big problem of making the backend calulator for it, since I only can create things in plain (x)html...I will also have to look into something like ajax to dynamicly update the page... So I was hoping someone with the knowledge of php or javascripts or similar would be intressed in helping. (Other help also appreciated )
I'm more then willing to type in all the base stats and things needed.

The formularers for all this should be availble on the official forums. I have searched for them and found for most of them. With a little research everything should pretty much be possible to find.

If this gets of the ground and nothing similiar is out there then my hope would be to make it free for all, so others can expand better the script in anyway possible..

(This is a program that lots of people use in daoc and its something similar to this I'm looking for. Korts spellcrafting calulator. Yet nothing like it... This is for calulating crafted equitment, but it shows minium and max of your characters stats and let you type in dropped equitment... )

Last edited by cadric : 10-15-2006 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Rewording.
Unread 10-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

So, if I'm getting this right...

Someone would have to enter every bit of every stat from every piece of gear?

With how quickly gear can change (be replaced) it seems to me like this is a lot of work just to see what your character's stats would be.

Races have little effect beyond the +/- up to 10 or so points in different stats.

Also, with the combat changes that are coming up, linear forumlae are going out the window to be replaced with a diminishing-returns curve (which will be significantly harder to figure out).

As for PHP... the background needed for something that seems pretty simple like this is very limited. If you want, I could probably give you all the background in PHP you would need to make your page... mostly all you would have to do is use a HTML form, and then get and manipulate the data in PHP (which would be basic manipulation -- very easy).
Unread 12-20-2006, 01:57 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Try this...

I know this isn't quite what you are after - but much of what you suggest is already in development at Magelo...

http://www.magelo.com/in_developpement.jspa

magelo has been around as an EQLive tool for ages, looks like they will be expanding to include other MMO's...
Unread 12-21-2006, 03:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefang
I know this isn't quite what you are after - but much of what you suggest is already in development at Magelo...

http://www.magelo.com/in_developpement.jspa

magelo has been around as an EQLive tool for ages, looks like they will be expanding to include other MMO's...
I just have to say thank you for posting this link. I was looking all over to see if they had anything like magelo for eq2 and couldn't find anything even on there site. I stumbled on this post after getting side tracked and ended up finding just what I was looking for. =)