EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Closed Thread
Unread 02-17-2005, 01:53 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Angry 10 minutes later, the cursing stopped...

Note, this is a complete bitch-fest about how lousy my past two days of EQ2 gaming have gone, and it shouldn't be read by anyone.

<RANT>
Last night, I spend several hours trying to get my UI to go back the way I like it. I had made the mistake of changing one teensy little thing (I started listening to the Qeynos_crafters channel), and suddenly everything was wrong. Nothing showed up in any of my tabs or extra chat windows, instead it was all printed in my main window. And of course, setting everything the way I like it did nothing, as when I logged back in everything was all screwed up again. Oh, and my experience window stopped showing up ...what that had to do with anything, only the incompetent ui programmer knows.

So, I know how to handle that. I deleted eq2_recent.ini and my settings.ini files (sigh), and went about re-creating what I had. By the time I was finished, it was getting late and I was unlikely to get any adventuring done. Instead, I logged off and enjoyed a night away from EQ2. (Incidentally, read the Runelords series, its just as engrossing, and the pages are guaranteed to work!)

Today, I came back ready to play after my break, and what do I discover? I now crash seemingly EVERY five minutes. Sometimes I could play a good ten, once I even stayed in for twenty. However, after fifteen crashes (I was hoping to finish a solo quest tonight), I finally gave up. It's been about ten minutes since the last crash, and now that my throat is sore from the cursing, I felt maybe I would bitch here.
</RANT>

I am so uninterested in playing this damn game right now, I'd cancel my account if I hadn't just been charged for another month this morning. I'm going to take a break for a few days and hopefully the urge to play will come back this weekend. --And just last weekend I was considering a second account to two-box, I thought that "sounded like fun to me."
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default ibtl!

hmm.
well, I need to do something with this...
The curse words kind of have me thinking "deletion". But I'll try just letting it naturally sink into oblivion.
Try and have a topic in your post when you post a topic. You know this is drivel, so dont post it.

Closed Thread