EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:39 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

The eq2map folder should go in your Default folder under the UI folder, or your custom UI folder, like UI/Mook/eq2map

It should not be put directly in your UI folder, but in a sub-folder.
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

It'd be nice if the Updater could be ran from the default install folder (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II) and update any versions of EQ2 Map you have in any custom UI folders. The reason I say this is because I switch between 3 different custom UIs, and it's "awkward" to have to run the updater from each custom UI folder before I switch UIs.
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Scuba Steve
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
It'd be nice if the Updater could be ran from the default install folder (C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II) and update any versions of EQ2 Map you have in any custom UI folders. The reason I say this is because I switch between 3 different custom UIs, and it's "awkward" to have to run the updater from each custom UI folder before I switch UIs.
But how do you switch UIs? You could just have a 3 versions of a script (or one script with an argument) that copies the appropriate eq2.ini into the main directory, then runs the appropriate instance of the autoupdater. Then you would just double click on an icon to start everything, just like everyone else.

Last edited by sstair : 03-13-2005 at 05:10 PM. Reason: another idea
Unread 03-13-2005, 06:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via AIM to Humudce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenna
The eq2map folder should go in your Default folder under the UI folder, or your custom UI folder, like UI/Mook/eq2map

It should not be put directly in your UI folder, but in a sub-folder.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the EQ2MAP folder should not be in your DEFAULT UI folder, as each time EQ2 Updates via the LaunchPad, it is going to overwrite the EQ2MAP modified eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file, basically you will only have the functionality of the Default In-Game Map, with out the additions provided by the EQ2MAP version of the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file.

The EQ2MAP functions correctly if you place the file within your UI folder in a Custom Folder where your other modifications reside, and what is called out in the eq2.ini file. The entire process of setting up and installing UI mods is located here ....

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismember
Hello. I downloaded the .net framework, downloaded the eq2map beta updater, installed it to C:\EverQuest II\UI\eq2map , then ran it, let it update, and it auto-launched EQ2. My problem is when i open my map up, nothing is different. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make it show up? Thanks.
Dismember it sounds like you need to setup the eq2.ini to point to this eq2map folder. If you do not have any other mods installed if you do have a custom UI folder with other mods you would need to unzip the files into this custom UI mod folder.

Instructions on how to setup the eq2.ini can be found here...

Unread 03-13-2005, 06:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymmtooth
Please forgive me if this is the wrong spot to post this, this is my first posting. First of all I truly enjoy using the EQ2MapMod you all have put wonderful effort into... that being said I have a question.

Tonight I updated the Eq2 Map file as well as installed teh auto updater... unfortunately it appears that my map has now lost the ability to be minimized into a bar as it had been before. I am not sure if that feature was due to the original EQ2Map or a feature of Fetish's Complete set interface.

Please advise if there is a way to correct this (I am a non-programmer user of mods, not a creator). I attempted to reverse the ...mainmap.xml file, but the updater will overwrite any backtracking I have tried to reobtain this feature.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!

Grymmtooth
Everfrost
Grymmtooth

What folder did you unzip the files into? The program needs to be unziped into the folder where your Custom UI is at. Unzipping the files into the UI\Default folder will cause the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file to be overwritten by the Default eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml every time the EQ2 Launchpad is run.

For help on installing UI Mods please see this link

Unread 03-13-2005, 06:43 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
That would be a really cool feature, to have the EQ2MAP updater to scour your hard drive to see where all versions are installed and update all folders but at this time I have a feeling that it's out of the scope of this project.

Maybe you could write it into your script that switches between your 3 UI's that when you switch UI's it runs the updater with the command line that either autolaunches EQ2 or doesn't depending on your preferences.

Unread 03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

i eventually have plans to make it run from anywhere however i want to make sure i have all (or at least almost all of the bugs) taken care of before i make more
Unread 03-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

I didn't think it was too much to ask, but apparently it was to some. Thanks for the reply, Taco-Man.

PS: I switch UIs by editing the eq2.ini file, not by any elaborate or otherwise complicated fashion.
Unread 03-13-2005, 10:40 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
I didn't think it was too much to ask, but apparently it was to some. Thanks for the reply, Taco-Man.

PS: I switch UIs by editing the eq2.ini file, not by any elaborate or otherwise complicated fashion.
give it a week or 2 and i may have a better solution than what you are asking for, i cant go into details because i dont know if it will work for sure or not, but if it does expect it to be almost impossible to install my updater wrong.
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Wow this one has me puzzled, but it's late...

Ok all of those having this error, I wonder if it could be some type of security setting causing this? Do you have full Admin Access on this computer? Also do you have a firewall running, if so the one with SP2 or a 3rd Party one? If you have a Firewall running and it didn't popup a message saying that this application is trying to access the internet, you may need to go in and manually allow this program to access the internet. Attached is a screenshot of the IE Tools, Internet Options, Advanced window showing the JIT.

Also you may want to try this download 1st,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
and this one 2nd.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I am not getting anytype of error like this but I am running the .Net 2.0 Beta 1 on my system.
I downloaded and ran both of those. Each said I already had it but I told it to do it again. Here's a screenie of the missing JIT. Would like to know how to get that tho. I don't think it's the culprit since it's not on my husband's system and his runs the updater perfectly.

I am the admin on the system and the only firewall is the one with SP2. I got no popups about the proggy. Same setup on my husband's computer and he didn't get a firewall popup either. /boggle
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
For those of you experiencing the wierd error, i found this when i used google. i dont know wether or not it will fix your problem since i cant duplicate your problem so i have no way of testing it.
below is what it said:
-------------
As to .NET Framework: your error is fairly common.
I found the following fix:

With info from tech support I have solved the problem.

1) From Microsoft Support Site
-Download and install the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility in order to
remove all MS .Net Framework items.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301)

2) Rename your C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET folder to Microsoft.NET.old.1

3) From Microsoft download Site - Download & Install & Restart:
a) Windows Installer 2.0 (if you don't already have it.)
b) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
c) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

(Allow a good bit of time for all this.)

i have try is not the solution i have alway the error box
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:41 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

do you have a dell by chance? if you do apparently the "dell support" program casues this error.
Go to Start|Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Dell Support
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:47 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
For those of you experiencing the wierd error, i found this when i used google. i dont know wether or not it will fix your problem since i cant duplicate your problem so i have no way of testing it.
below is what it said:
-------------
As to .NET Framework: your error is fairly common.
I found the following fix:

With info from tech support I have solved the problem.

1) From Microsoft Support Site
-Download and install the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility in order to
remove all MS .Net Framework items.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301)

2) Rename your C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET folder to Microsoft.NET.old.1

3) From Microsoft download Site - Download & Install & Restart:
a) Windows Installer 2.0 (if you don't already have it.)
b) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
c) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

(Allow a good bit of time for all this.)
Just finished following the steps here and I get the same error.
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
do you have a dell by chance? if you do apparently the "dell support" program casues this error.
Go to Start|Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Dell Support
Nope, custom built by ABS PC
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:56 AM
A Griffon

Wow this one has me stumped but we will get to the bottom of it.

Annabettin how different are yours and you husband's computer? It's odd that it runs on his and not yours. ... I'll keep looking for a possible solution.

Unread 03-14-2005, 01:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Wow this one has me stumped but we will get to the bottom of it.

Annabettin how different are yours and you husband's computer? It's odd that it runs on his and not yours. ... I'll keep looking for a possible solution.
Not too much diff on the specs. We bought them at the same time last year so neither is old. He runs Intel P4, I run AMD. He runs Radeon and I run GeForce. Sound cards are the same. RAM is the same. I have a DVD burner, he doesn't. We're both on XP Pro SP2. His system is for gaming and net browsing only. I do graphics and video on mine in addition to gaming. I have other things on mine that his doesn't like a pen tablet for the graphics, a movie box for getting analog video in the system and back out after editing....*thinking*....also on mine is the printer with card reader slots. It has sep. drivers for the 'removable media storage'.

I haven't coded anything in a few years but none of that is raising a red flag on possible culprits. I went from XP Pro base to SP2 in one fail swoop. So last night, I took it back to XP Pro base, installed SP1a, then installed SP2 and all the updates just in case there was an oddball thing missed. After posting this, I'm going to make sure I have the latest Java installed and see what I can find out on getting that MS JIT and/or VM on the options.

I really appreciate the persistance in finding the solution.
Unread 03-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabettin
{snip} He runs Intel P4, I run AMD. {snip}
It's early and I'm not really awake yet, but didn't you mention running a 64-bit processor earlier? Does your husband run a 64-bit as well?
Unread 03-14-2005, 10:35 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

From Microsoft: link
Note: The .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable cannot be installed on 64-bit computers; Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server is not supported
Unread 03-14-2005, 11:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
From Microsoft: link
Note: The .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable cannot be installed on 64-bit computers; Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server is not supported
Silly question, but what exactely is that on the ground beside the taco? lol

Have you been eating crayons again?
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:35 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

It's an Ice Cream Taco, duh.
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Default We're getting overrun

Yes there are actually getting to be so many POI's its getting hard to see. If I'm thinking right, it shouldnt be too hard to make the filtering.

Wouldnt it simply be an oncheck(whatever it is):

Show NPCs>OnCheck EveryPOI that is a NPC.visible=true
Show NPCs>OnUNcheck EveryPOI that is a NPC.visible=false

and so on where itd be like
Show NPCs>Oncheck
Thisguy.visible=false
Otherguy.visible=false
anotherguy.visible=false
andanother.visible=false

This is highly possible if we can just get a format worked out for it. The database and the PHP can write all this stuff on it's own where it would be WAAAAY too much for us to do manually. Let me know if I'm wrong or what you have to say about this.
Unread 03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
A Griffon

I'm almost done implementing Talyns suggestions. After that while I look at Zonx has cooked up I'll make up a button template for showing/hiding POIs. It'll work as follows:

On the map there will be a small square button in the upper left (like the toggles for the zone connection overlay maps).

When you press this button it will expand a little square window that will list all of the POI types: NPC, NAME, ZONE, QST, LOC, etc.

You press one of those buttons and it will toggle the visiblility of all of that type of POI.

---

The auto-generated side of the code will be like so:

The website goes through the POIs for that zone.
It checks the type of the POI then adds it to the OnActivate event for that button.

I'll have a very specific example with code and such ready later today.

This is why each POI needed a unique name; without one (or if it's the same as another POI on the same page), we can't sort them.

Quib
Unread 03-14-2005, 03:34 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

erm...hmmm...that was meant to be a PM to quib...whoops...
Unread 03-14-2005, 05:55 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Great Job !!!

Really a great job : that's something I was missing from EQ 1, so you did it !!

Very nice.

Just one comment from my side : if the autoupdater UI would have a 1280 * 1024 version, so I can see the whole text on my screen, it would just be perfect.

Thanks again for the good work !!

Babou, Pally on french server
Closed Thread