EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 12-02-2005, 12:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default constant crashes

I am not sure how many other people are having this problem but not long after LU17 my friend and I that both have thor are getting cliet crashes and boots us from game.. this continues until we revert back to standard EQ UI.. as soon as i try THOR again or update the same problem occurs... Please advise, thank you.

ok new update from when i last posted this... now it seems to only happen if i die.

Last edited by dark26435 : 12-02-2005 at 01:13 AM.
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:22 AM
A Sea Turtle

same here

i use fetishnightfall as my ui .. not sure why it only crashes when i die
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:36 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

SOE introduced a bug with the Death (revive locations) window in the latest patch. Nightfall has been updated to correct this but if the problem persists, simply rename the eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml file.
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

rename to what? and where is the file located please?
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:54 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
SOE introduced a bug with the Death (revive locations) window in the latest patch. Nightfall has been updated to correct this but if the problem persists, simply rename the eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml file.
What is the bug and how do we fix it for our own custom death window? I use one that I made and hav enot tested it as of yet.
Unread 12-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

Did you go through the first trouble shooting step?
1.) Delete the thorui folder in EverQuest II\UI\ and relaunch the ThorUI AU so that it may pull all files down again. (This ensures no corruptions within the thorui)

I'm not aware of any others having this issue.
Also, please look at your ui.log as this logs ui related issues.

You should also have a crashlog that should further identify where the issue is coming from...

Any of that info will help narrow the issue down.
Right now all I have to go on is two users that crash in game when using thorui but apparently don't have any issues with the default UI.

From the issues I've heard regarding the death window, this makes me assume your using the custom death window offered in thorui. Is this correct?

Again, try and be as detailed as possible.
I want to help but it can be frustrating with little information.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I died for the first time after LU17 was released last night, and crashed out just prior to dying. I didn't think much of it (thought it was just the random client crash that everyone has for one reason or another) until after trying to get back into the game two times afterwards and crashing out just as I was about to finish loading into the game. Then I got to thinking about an issue with the skull and crossbones death window I saw posted here earlier in the day. Needless to say, once I got rid of that file, I was golden (back into game without a problem).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

HAHA

So the death window ensures complete and total death within the game.
Nice new feature!

I'll look at the orignal author's code and see if I can figure out what's going on then update it or remake it depending on how involved it is.

Thanks yet again Lazaru5
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-02-2005, 11:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Did you go through the first trouble shooting step?
1.) Delete the thorui folder in EverQuest II\UI\ and relaunch the ThorUI AU so that it may pull all files down again. (This ensures no corruptions within the thorui)

I'm not aware of any others having this issue.
Also, please look at your ui.log as this logs ui related issues.

You should also have a crashlog that should further identify where the issue is coming from...

Any of that info will help narrow the issue down.
Right now all I have to go on is two users that crash in game when using thorui but apparently don't have any issues with the default UI.

From the issues I've heard regarding the death window, this makes me assume your using the custom death window offered in thorui. Is this correct?

Again, try and be as detailed as possible.
I want to help but it can be frustrating with little information.

Yes I did delete the UI folder and relaunch. As soon as i was zoning back in I crashed again. I had to reset my UI back to EQ default and i was able to zone in but I was dead. After I revived I camped out and set the UI back to THOR and I was fine. So i decided to jump off a cliff and as soon as I hit the ground I crashed again. I repeated the above steps and tried this with and without the death window activated and it still happens. I could not find and log file or crash files so any information where they are located or might be named different would be helpful. I saw there was another update on Thor so I will try death again and see how it goes. Thank you.

Alright Happy camper again. I went cliff diving again to test and died without crashes, so whatever you did thank you. Im back up and running again.

Last edited by dark26435 : 12-02-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'm always happy to accomodate an easy death.

I've revamped the death window completely so anyone with the original may need to reselect my new version.

Here's a screenshot (also available via the ThorUI AU "..." button on the features page.
http://thorui.thorsparks.com/autoupd...hot/index.html

Cheers and happy dieing!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-02-2005, 02:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Default More and more crashes

I'm STILL getting crashes at random points. I did all the clearing out and reinstalling the whole thing to see if it would help, but no go.
Unread 12-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

And you deleted the eq2.ini file in your EverQuest II\thorui directory per the trouble shooting instructions I take it?

And what were those results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeartree
I'm STILL getting crashes at random points. I did all the clearing out and reinstalling the whole thing to see if it would help, but no go.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-02-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Unread 12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Yep. It decreased the number of crashes, but it still goes down at the worst times. It killed me today, so I switched back and hope for some kind of resolution. I think the problem centers on the hotbars. Even though I had the whole thing back in place okay, I still wasn't getting the 3/4 or half-size icons in the hotbars. Everything else went back to normal. Let me see... I think there's something crawling around in the Chat window. If I select a chat channel in one tab, it shows up in all the others, too, until I go to each of the other tabs and deselect it. That's just a small annoyance and I have no idea if it involves your UI, but I figured I'd mention it while I'm typing anyway.

p.s. I think there's a typo in the instructions you wrote for editing the enhanced logoff / character switch screen. In it you say that ....."Faetyl" and "Unrest" is "not what it should look like", when I suspect that you meant to say IS what it should look like.
Unread 12-02-2005, 06:22 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
dark26435 said: rename to what? and where is the file located please?

It is in your Fetish UI folder and all you have to do is rename to BAK_eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml or change the file name extension and it will fix it as well.
Unread 12-02-2005, 06:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

In regards to the icons not resizing even after switching UIs.. I noticed this when we first got them on Test. It seems the icon size is SAVED in your character's settings file and persists across any UIs you use. Needless to say that can be a real pain. I even had instances where the resizing caused some UI hotkey windows to size all screwed up and could not fix it even by resetting the icon size. The only way I could fix it was to delete my settings file and let the game recreate it.

However you can change the icon sizes with a slash command even on UIs that don't support it. Of the top of my head I don't recall the exact syntax though and i'm at work. Its something like /hotbar_iconsize 0 42

The 0 being the bank to change and the 42 being the size. 42 is the default UI, default size.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 12-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

if you deleted the eq2.ini file and still recieved crashes the issue is NOT ThorUI related...

Deleting eq2.ini disables the use of the ThorUI entirely...

The only issue i am aware of was with the death window mod which I updated as soon I someone posted.

My entire guild and others outside of my guild are not experiencing any issues so I don't know how it could possibly be ThorUI related.

Like I said though, if you crash don't use ThorUI.
If you still crash when not using ThorUI, don't blame ThorUI because it's not it...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-02-2005, 10:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Default More info...

Sorry, I mis-spoke. As to your question about what happened iI switched back to the default UI by deleting eq2.ini. What happens is that ThorUI goes away and the default UI returns, of course. But also, it stops crashing. Period. Unfortunately, I'd rather not have random crashes, so right now the only mod I'm using is EQ2Map.

There's now no need to try that iconsize command, though it's still there. Right clicking a blank area of a bar reveals a new menu command called 'Set icon size...' on the list. Clicking that gives you a slider that lets you resize the icons in that hotbar to a huge range of sizes.

Last edited by thepeartree : 12-02-2005 at 10:50 PM. Reason: New info
Unread 12-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Private Message me your ui.log, alertlog.txt, and crashlog.txt

I'll try and help all I can but I need more info.

I tend to think the issue is something else, perhaps a corrupt window placment file perhaps. Reason being there's hundreds if not thousands using the ThorUI and I'm not getting any other reports other than the ones from the death window and those were resolved.

Send me more info and I'll see if I can help you...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Ok I have been delaying writing on this as well until I was sure. After the last patch upon a death I got a fatal error message, and each time I tried to log in I would get message and get kicked to desk top.
Finally I deleted the Thor UI and was able to log in, of course I was still dead Next day, I reinstalled Thor UI, all seemed to be going great.. until I died again.. fatal error! Unable to log in. Deleted Thor UI again, able to get back in game. Currently running default UI ( totally hating it) but I don't know what to do here.
All drivers are up to date, have checked Sony board but no answers there either. It totally has to be the Thor UI causing these issues. I was using the cross bone death window... is that maybe the issue?

Thanks
Unread 12-03-2005, 10:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

It is definetely the death window causing this. My custom death window was doing the exact same thing. I have fixed it and will upload LU17 complaint version.
Unread 12-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I revamped the death window completely from the default version provided in LU17 already. (Early yesterday morning)

Only thing in there from original is the skull and crossbone image.
Surely that's not doing it. (It works fine for me)

Like I said it was updated and I've verified no issues with the updated version.

Just to confirm...
The new death window provided in the thorui is blood red.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
A Brown Bear

Logs went with the ThorUI folder when I wiped it. I'll reinstall it and forward the logs as soon as something happens, if it does.
Unread 12-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks,

Sorry your having trouble

Here's some screenshots of the Death Window revamp that you should have.
All I can think of is perhaps "Do not update if local file is newer" might be checked but that shouldn't stop this one unless it was manually copied in from an external location or it was edited locally though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000002.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	4217  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	4218  
Forums

Got Guild?